AfterDrink is a supplement designed to help support recovery after drinking alcohol.
It’s been around for a few years now and is one of the more popular supplements out there in this category.
We all know what it feels like the next morning after having had a few too many at happy hour.
AfterDrink has been specifically formulated to help support a range of important bodily processes to help you bounce back.
Before we go any further, we should stress that despite what you might hear, there is no such thing as a ‘hangover cure’. The only proven way not to get a hangover is to not drink any alcohol to begin with.
This AfterDrink review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement.
Most importantly, we’re going to pay particularly close attention to the ingredients formula and what real customers are saying about it.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at AfterDrink.
AfterDrink – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, AfterDrink is a supplement designed to support a range of important bodily processes after you’ve consumed alcohol.
It combines a range of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbal extracts to help support a number of key bodily processes.
The instructions say that you should take three capsules before bed and three again in the morning to enjoy the full benefits.
Available to buy on the official website and Amazon in the US, it uses 25 different ingredients in its formula stack and comes in a transparent bottle.
AfterDrink is a plant-based food supplement, meaning that it doesn’t contain any medicines and is suitable for both Vegans and Vegetarians.
The official website says that AfterDrink can be your “essential new weekend companion” to help keep you feeling fresh.
The supplement is made in FDA and cGMP Certified facilities in New Jersey, USA and doesn’t contain any fillers, additives or artificial sweeteners.
It also doesn’t use a proprietary blend, which means that we know the exact doses of each of the ingredients used, which is the way it should be.
AfterDrink is also stimulant-free, meaning that it doesn’t contain any Caffeine.
So, now that we’ve taken a look at the basic facts behind AfterDrink, it’s time to take a closer look at the ingredients formula to see what this product is made of.
Let’s start this section by looking at the actual ingredients label of AfterDrink:
It’s good to see that AfterDrink doesn’t use a proprietary blend. This means that all of the ingredients are clearly listed along with their doses. This is the way it should be.
Let’s now focus on some of the main ingredients in the AfterDrink formula and what they do.
• L-Theanine – An amino acid found primarily in tea leaves, L-Theanine is becoming an increasingly popular supplement ingredient and is one of AfterDrink’s key ingredients.
• Milk Thistle – This is one of AfterDrink’s flagship ingredients. Milk Thistle is one of the leading inclusions in supplements in this category and each three-capsule serving of AfterDrink contains 180mg.
• Dihydromyricetin – Also known as DHM for short, Dihydromyricetin is one of the top ingredients for supplements of this type. AfterDrink includes a solid dose of 300mg per serving.
• Taurine – This is a popular ingredient in many commercially-available energy drinks. Each serving of AfterDrink uses 174mg of Taurine.
• Ginger – You probably already know all about the benefits of Ginger, and so it’s great to see it used in the AfterDrink formula. Each serving contains 90mg of Ginger Root Extract.
• Turmeric – Turmeric seems to be all the range these days amongst health enthusiasts. Each serving of AfterDrink contains 60mg.
• Vitamin C – You have no doubt already heard all about Vitamin C and its uses. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function, normal energy release and the normal functioning of the nervous system, amongst other things.
• Vitamin B6 – This is an important B Vitamin which contributes to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Vitamin B2 – Also known as Riboflavin, Vitamin B2 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
• Zinc – An important essential mineral that plays a role in a number of important things. Namely, Zinc contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism, normal cognitive (brain) function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
• Copper – Another good ingredient in the AfterDrink formula. Copper contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system, and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
• Selenium – A great inclusion. Selenium contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system, and the protection of cells from oxidative stress amongst other things.
• Chromium – An important trace element that contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels.
• Manganese – Another good inclusion, Manganese contributes to normal energy release and the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
As you can see for yourself by taking a look at the ingredients formula, there are plenty of other good ingredients used in AfterDrink.
As you have no doubt already seen for yourself, the AfterDrink formula is pretty extensive and aims to tick all of the boxes for what you’re looking for in supplement of this category.
The one gripe you may have is that because it contains so many ingredients, some of them may be under-dosed.
However, this is countered by the fact that each serving is three capsules, which is more than a lot of the other similar products out there.
We took a look online to see what real customers were saying about AfterDrink.
It’s only been available on Amazon in the US for a short while, but so far it has very positive feedback, with one customer reporting that it helped them to feel better the next morning.
On TrusPpilot, AfterDrink has a solid rating of 9.5 out of 10 from 36 customer reviews.
What About Side Effects?
As AfterDrink simply uses a range of plant extracts, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, there should not be too many concerns about side effects.
That being said, we strongly recommend that you carefully check the ingredients label for yourself before taking this product, to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
On top of this, we always advise that you speak to a certified medical professional before taking any new supplement, such as AfterDrink, for the first time.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned at the start of this review, there is no such thing as a ‘hangover cure’. The only way not to get a hangover is to not drink any alcohol to begin with.
We always recommend ensuring that you are properly hydrated and that you’re sticking to a good nutrition and exercise plan.
You probably already know this, but alcohol is not good for your overall health, and it’s always better to cut down consumption as much as possible.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our AfterDrink review.
Overall, we think that this is one of the best supplements out there in this category.
It stands out from similar products because it’s one of the few products out there that uses a wide range of key ingredients, and fully discloses the doses without a proprietary blend.
AfterDrink contains well-selected ingredients, each of which has been chosen to help support specific functions in the body, and this is what makes it a top choice.