Alpha Test Pro Series is a popular supplement made by MuscleTech.
It’s available to buy on Amazon and elsewhere online and claims to help give your body what it needs to help you hit your goals.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the products in this category, including all of the ones featured on this page, have not been proven to boost testosterone levels.
They are usually simply food supplements which contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
MuscleTech are one of the biggest names in the supplement industry so it’s hard not to take notice when they add a new product to their ever-expanding line of supplements.
We’ve made it our mission this year to review as many supplements like this a possible as we look to pick out the best products available on the market right now.
So, will Alpha Test make it into our guide to the leading so-called ‘testosterone boosters’ on the market right now, or will it fall short?
The purpose of this Alpha Test review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles so we can find out if it can compete with the leading products on the market right now.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula and customer reviews as we look to find out exactly where this product stands.
So, without any further ado, let’s now start taking a close look at the Alpha Test Pro Series supplement as we look to find out whether it can live up to the marketing hype or not.
Skip To Section
Alpha Test – The Basics
As we’ve already explained, Alpha Test Pro Series is a supplement made by the popular manufacturer MuscleTech.
It’s available to buy at the usual online supplement outlets such as Amazon and bodybuilding.com, as well as in some stores such as GNC and elsewhere.
According to the official listing on Amazon, Alpha Test is a “scientifically engineered” supplement.
The listing says that Alpha Test stimulates an increase in what’s needed to help maintain peak performance.
It claims to use “cutting edge” ingredients to help achieve its effects.
The Amazon listing says that his product works in a number of different ways to help support your goals.
This all sounds pretty good to us. Of course, we’ve heard it all when it comes to the marketing claims from supplement manufacturers.
The best way to tell whether a product can actually live up to the marketing hype or not is to take a close look at the ingredients formula, the doses and what customers are saying about it.
And that’s exactly what we’re going to do next.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients of Alpha Test as written on the bottle.
The first good thing that we immediately noticed by looking at the Alpha Test ingredients formula is the fact that MuscleTech have not used a proprietary blend with this product.
That means that we know the exact doses of the ingredients used, which is what you should be looking for.
We always advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as they are just an easy way for manufacturers to get away with not fully disclosing the doses of their formulas.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients that Alpha Test Pro Series contains.
• Zinc – Zinc should be the first ingredient in your supplement. It’s a mineral which many men do not get enough of in their diet and it plays a number of roles in the body, including the maintenance of normal serum testosterone levels. The only slight drawback with Alpha Test is that the 7.5mg serving is a bit on the low side. Still, it’s a good place to start for any supplement like this.
• Fenugreek – Another solid ingredient. Fenugreek is an ingredient used in curries to help flavor foods. It’s been shown to have some benefits and we always like to see it used in supplements in this category. So far, so good.
• Tribulus – This is an ingredient that was used regularly in the early supplements to hit the market but recent studies have suggested that it’s not the most effective inclusion. It’s thought that it could possibly help in extremely high doses, but there are some much better ingredients that could have been used in its place by MuscleTech in our opinion.
• Shilajit Extract – This is a herb which some studies have suggested could help with certain things. However, most of the research into this ingredient has been carried out on infertile men. As such, there’s not much evidence to suggest that it could help across the board.
• Boron – This is a trace mineral which some people do not get enough of from their diet. It’s a decent ingredient because studies have shown that it is effective at helping certain things. It’s a good inclusion in the Alpha Test formula.
• Broccoli – We all know about broccoli as being a great vegetable to put in your diet. MuscleTech say that they’ve included it in Alpha Test because it supplies diindolylmethane (DIM), which a nitrogen-containing compound. However, they stop short of claiming that it’s actually going to have any effect. DIM could have some benefits, but there really needs to be more research conducted into this for us to know more.
Alpha Test Pro Series has an OK formula, but there are also certainly a number of key thinks missing from this supplement which stop us from rating it as one of the very best ones on the market right now. They are:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Vitamin D3
These are three key ingredients that we look for in supplements along with Zinc.
It’s a real shame that Alpha Test doesn’t use any D-Aspartic Acid, as it’s usually found in all of the best products in this category.
Magnesium is also another ingredient that we really want to see in all supplements like this because it plays a key role in a number of bodily processes.
You can see our updated guide to the leading supplements on the market right now by checking it our via the link below.
Alpha Test Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to uncover as many Alpha Test reviews as we could.
At the time of writing, there were more than 450 customer reviews of Alpha Test on Amazon, and the supplement has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, which is pretty positive.
One person said that it helped to boost their sex drive and made their muscles feel “harder”.
Someone else described it as a “very good” product, with a “very good” amount of each ingredient.
However, there were also some negative reviews. One person said that it “did nothing” for them despite them consuming a whole bottle. Someone else called it “worthless” and said it didn’t do anything for them.
What About Side Effects?
The Alpha Test formula looks like a pretty safe one really, and so there isn’t too much danger of suffering from any side effects.
That being said, we do always recommend that you do your own research into the specific ingredients used before taking any new supplement for the first time.
The good thing is that MuscleTech have fully disclosed their formula for all to see.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
It’s an OK product, but it doesn’t make it into our top list of the highest-rated products on the market right now.
Alpha Test has some decent ingredients but it’s let down by the fact that it’s missing some key ingredients such as D-Aspartic Acid and Magnesium.
It’s also disappointing that the Zinc is pretty under-dosed on this occasion.
Remember to check out our guide to the best supplements on sale right now via the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Remember that there is no such thing as a magic pill to give you all of the dream results you’re looking for.
You should always make sure that you’ve got your diet and training regime on point before considering adding any supplement to your regimen.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating correctly, then adding a top-quality supplement to your routine can make a big difference to your results both inside and outside of the gym, as long as it’s used in the right way.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Alpha Test review.
Overall, this is an OK product but it’s unlikely to win any awards for its formula.
It does contain a few decent ingredients such as Zinc and Boron, but there are too many quality substances missing for us to rank it as one of the very best supplements out there right now.