We all know that getting into shape requires hard work, dedication and patience. A varied diet and sensible exercise regimen should always come before thinking about trying a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement.
A so-called ‘fat burner’ is the general name given to certain food supplements which usually contain ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including all of the ones featured on this page, have not been proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
Instead, they can provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may (or may not) bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
Perhaps the best way to describe the products on this page are as ‘companions’ that can complement your healthy diet and sensible workout plan.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
In this article, we’re going to take a look through some of the top options out there if you’re looking for a ‘fat burner’ supplement to support you on your health and fitness journey.
Jump To Section
Five Of The Best ‘Fat Burner’ Supplements
|Instant Knockout||• Cayenne Pepper • Green Tea • 300mg Caffeine • 90-day Guarantee||Buy Now|
|Leanbean||• Made For Women • 3g Glucomannan • Vegan Friendly • 90-day Guarantee||Buy Now|
|SPORT Burn||• Stimulant Free • Cayenne Pepper • Chromium • Vegan Capsules||Buy Now|
|Hunter Burn||• Premium Option • 3g Glucomannan • Cayenne Pepper • Matcha Green Tea||Buy Now|
|PhysiqueSeries Stim-Free||• Stimulant Free • Vitamin B12 • Cayenne Pepper • Acetyl L-Carnitine||Buy Now|
Before We Go Any Further…
There’s so much marketing hype surrounding supplements these days that it can be easy to forget the golden rule – there’s really no such thing as a ‘magic’ product to get you your dream body.
You should always first make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point before trying out a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement. As we mentioned above, when it comes to losing fat, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
We want to be responsible when we write content about products like this, so we feel it’s best to mention these things early on to help keep your expectations in check.
The essential vitamins and minerals found in the supplements in this page can, of course, also be obtained from food – and you should be able to meet your requirements by following a varied, balanced diet and sticking to a healthy lifestyle overall.
However, they are often included in supplements in this category to make up for potential shortfalls in your everyday nutrition, which may sometimes be more of an issue when you’re dieting.
Best ‘Fat Burner’ Supplements – Five Top Picks
When it came to selecting the products to feature on this list, we took a number of factors into account.
Firstly, we only chose supplements that fully disclosed their ingredients formulas, so that we know the full amounts and exact doses of every ingredient on the labels.
You’ll also notice that all of the supplements contain at least some essential vitamins or minerals.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
So, with all of the main points out of the way, let’s move onto our selection of five of the best ‘fat burner’ supplements available to buy online at the moment.
1) Instant Knockout
Product Website: www.instantknockout.com
Instant Knockout is a popular supplement containing a blend of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, as well as Caffeine.
It’s made by a supplements company called Roar Ambition and is marketed as having been originally designed to help professional boxers and MMA fighters.
The Instant Knockout formula currently contains 10 different ingredients, and here are a few of the main ones:
• Green Tea Extract – 500mg per daily serving
• Cayenne Pepper – 100mg per daily serving
• Glucomannan – 1.8g per daily serving
• Caffeine Anhydrous – 300mg per daily serving
Instant Knockout uses some of the most common ingredients found in supplements of this type, including Green Tea, Cayenne Pepper and Glucomannan.
It also includes some important vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins B6 and B12, plus Zinc and Chromium.
Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Zinc contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and normal protein synthesis.
Chromium, meanwhile, contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels.
Here is the Instant Knockout full ingredients list, shown on the official website at the time of writing:
• It’s a premium priced product. Simply put, there are cheaper options available.
• You can only buy it on the official website, direct from the manufacturer. That means that you won’t find it on Amazon, GNC or in stores.
• It uses 300mg of Caffeine per daily serving, which is a significant amount and may not suit some people.
Instant Knockout is a popular supplement containing a range of different ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
It contains extracts such as Green Tea and Cayenne Pepper, and also has some key vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B12, Chromium and Zinc.
2) Leanbean – (Best For Women)
Product Website: www.leanbeanofficial.com
Leanbean, a vegan-friendly, low-stimulant supplement made specifically for women.
It’s made by a supplements company called Ultimate Life and features a formula containing 12 active ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
Leanbean has recently undergone a formula change to include more of the dietary fiber Glucomannan, plus the addition of other ingredients such as Choline and Potassium.
The new bottles of Leanbean contain 180 capsules (compared to 120 previously), and it is suggested that you take two capsules, three times a day, with a big glass of water (six capsules per day in total).
Just like Instant Knockout, Leanbean uses some carefully-selected ingredients, including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
Leanbean uses Glucomannan as its main ingredient. In case you didn’t know, Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant.
Each daily serving of Leanbean contains 3g of Glucomannan, which when taken in three separate 1g doses per day (as is the case with Leanbean), contributes to weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet. Some similar supplements do not contain enough Glucomannan to be able to make this health claim in Europe.
Leanbean also contains Choline, which contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism, and includes some other ingredients such as Green Coffee Bean Extract and Turmeric.
It also contains Vitamins B6 and B12, both of which contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Leanbean contains Chromium, which is an essential mineral that contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood glucose (blood sugar) levels.
Here are the main ingredients that Leanbean uses:
• Glucomannan – 3g per daily serving
• Choline – 82.5mg per daily serving
• Garcinia Cambogia – 100mg per daily serving
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – 50mg per daily serving
• Turmeric – 50mg per daily serving
• Chromium – 35mcg per daily serving
Leanbean does not contain any pure Caffeine as an ingredient, which is unlike a lot of the other similar supplements out there at the moment. This makes it a good option for those looking for a low-stimulant supplement in this category.
Here’s the full updated Leanbean ingredients list:
• It’s only available to buy on the official website, meaning you’re not going to find it in the shops or on other websites at the moment.
• Leanbean is one of the more expensive products on the market because it uses higher doses of certain important ingredients and each bottle contains 180 capsules as a result.
Leanbean is a vegan-friendly, female-focused supplement which contains a good blend of vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
It uses a 3g daily dose of the dietary fiber Glucomannan, and also contains other good ingredients such as Choline, Vitamins B6 and B12 and Green Coffee Bean Extract.
The only downsides are the slightly bigger price tag and the fact you can only buy it on the official website at the moment.
3) Performance Lab SPORT Burn
Product Website: www.performancelab.com
The next product on our list is vegan-friendly and stimulant-free Performance Lab SPORT Burn.
The Performance Lab range is the latest creation by the supplements company Opti-Nutra.
What makes Performance Lab SPORT Burn somewhat unique is that it’s marketed as having been specifically designed to be most beneficial when combined with ‘fasted’ training.
In case you didn’t already know, fasted training is simply exercising on an empty stomach. If you tend to hit the gym or exercise in the morning before having eaten anything, then this could be an option for you.
As we just mentioned, what sets Performance Lab SPORT Burn apart from the other products on this list is that it’s been designed for use during fasted training.
Performance Lab SPORT Burn uses a Caffeine-free formula, which could suit you if you’re looking to avoid the stimulant.
Here are the six ingredients in Performance Lab SPORT Burn:
• Calcium – 175mg per daily serving
• Chromium – 60mcg per daily serving
• Cayenne Pepper – 50mg per daily serving
• Coleus Forskohlii – 250mg per daily serving
• HMB – 1g per daily serving
• Black Pepper Extract – 2.5mg per daily serving
Chromium is an essential nutrient that we need to get from our diets. It contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels.
This is the full Performance Lab SPORT Burn ingredients list, as shown on the official website at the time of writing:
• Only uses six ingredients and no vitamins.
• As with the rest of the impressive Performance Lab range, it’s the new to the market and so has few verified customer reviews.
• You can only buy it directly from the manufacturer on the official website at the moment, so you won’t find it on Amazon or in stores.
Performance Lab SPORT Burn is one of the only supplements out there that uses a formula which has been designed to specifically to work with fasted training.
It uses simple ingredients formula, including Cayenne Pepper and Chromium – and it doesn’t contain any Caffeine or other stimulants.
4) Hunter Burn
Product Website: www.hunterevolve.com
The next supplement on our list is called Hunter Burn.
It’s the premium-priced offering in this category from Roar Ambition, the same company behind Instant Knockout mentioned earlier on this list.
Unlike most other similar products, Hunter Burn contains a whopping 180 capsules per bottle. The directions suggest that you take two capsules, three times a day, with a big glass of water.
Hunter Burn is one of the more expensive products on this list, and that’s presumably because it contains more capsules per bottle (180) than some other supplements.
It’s good to see that Hunter Burn uses 3g of Glucomannan per daily serving.
As we mentioned above, at this dose, split into three separate 1g servings, Glucomannan can contribute to weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet, so it’s pretty clear why it’s been included in the Hunter Burn formula.
Here are the main ingredients in Hunter Burn:
• Matcha Green Tea – 200mg per daily serving
• Glucomannan – 3000mg per daily serving
• Cayenne Pepper – 125mg per daily serving
• L-Theanine – 200mg per daily serving
Hunter Burn also contains some other ingredients such as Vitamin D3 and White Kidney Bean Extract.
It also doesn’t use pure Caffeine as an ingredient, which may be to some people’s preference. However, the Matcha Green Tea is likely to have some Caffeine in it, so this is worth bearing in mind.
This is the full Hunter Burn ingredients list, as shown on the official website at the time of writing:
• It doesn’t use any B Vitamins such as B6 or B12, and it doesn’t contain any essential mineral ingredients either.
• Again, this is a pricey supplement.
• You can only buy it directly from the manufacturer on the official website at the moment, so you won’t find it in the shops.
Hunter Burn is the most expensive product on this list, but it also contains the most capsules per bottle at 180.
Among the top ingredients are things such as Matcha Green Tea and a daily dose of three grams of Glucomannan, which contributes to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet.
5) PhysiqueSeries Stim-Free
Product Website: www.transparentlabs.com
The next supplement on our list is Transparent Labs’ PhysiqueSeries Stim-Free.
As you may have guessed by its name, this supplement doesn’t use Caffeine or other stimulants in its formula, which may make it a suitable choice for some people.
As we mentioned above, The Transparent Labs Stim-Free supplement doesn’t use Caffeine or other stimulants in its formula.
Instead, it combines the essential vitamin, Vitamin B12, with some plant extracts including Rhodiola Rosea and Cayenne Pepper.
It also includes Acetyl L-Carnitine, which is a common pre workout supplement ingredient.
Here are some of the main ingredients in Transparent Labs Stim-Free:
• Cayenne Pepper – 50mg per two-capsule serving
• Vitamin B12 – 2.4mcg per two-capsule serving
• Acetyl L-Carnitine – 750mg per two-capsule serving
• Rhodiola Rosea – 100mg per two-capsule serving
In case you didn’t know Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin that we need to get from our diets. It contributes to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, amongst other things.
This is the full Stim-Free ingredients list as shown on the official Transparent Labs website at the time of writing:
• Doesn’t use any essential minerals or trace elements such as Chromium
• You can only buy it directly from the manufacturer on the official website.
The Transparent Labs Stim-Free supplement may be a good option for you if you’re looking for a Caffeine-free product to support you on your health and fitness journey.
It contains Vitamin B12, along with some plant extracts such as Cayenne Pepper and Rhodiola Rosea.
What To Look For
With so many products on the market these days, it can be difficult to separate the truth from the marketing hype.
We think it’s important to take a close look at some of the key facts when it comes to supplements.
Firstly, it’s important to have realistic expectations when it comes to supplements in this category. As we mentioned above, most supplements like the ones featured on this page have not been proven to ‘burn’ fat.
Rather they simply supply a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may bring a potential benefit to the table.
Secondly, you may want to consider choosing a supplement that does not use a proprietary blend.
A proprietary blend allows supplement makers to mask the doses of the specific individual ingredients. This is not ideal, as it means that you won’t know for sure how much of each ingredient is included in each capsules.
It’s also clearly important to take a close look at the ingredients used, the doses, and the directions that come with the supplement.
It’s also always worth doing some research into the company behind the products and their brand reputation.
Checking that the supplements are made in FDA-approved facilities that follow cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) is always a good idea, too.
What Are Some Common Ingredients?
You’ve probably already noticed that a lot of the supplements in this category have some crossover when it comes to the ingredients they use.
Although many of these important nutrients, such as the vitamins and minerals, can be obtained from your diet, most ‘fat burner’ supplements contains things such as B Vitamins and essential minerals to help protect against potential shortfalls.
Here is a selection of some of the ingredients commonly found in ‘fat burner’ supplements.
• Caffeine – Caffeine is one of the world’s most popular stimulants. It’s consumed by millions of people on a daily basis. Many ‘fat burner’ supplements use Caffeine as part of their ingredients formulas. It can be a good addition, but it’s important to keep an eye on your total Caffeine intake from all sources. If you’re sensitive to Caffeine or would prefer to avoid it, there are plenty of low-stimulant options available.
• Green Tea Extract – Not just a popular hot drink, Green Tea is also a common ingredient in supplements of this type that has some promising research behind it.
• Choline – This is an important nutrient which, when included in doses of at least 82.5mg, helps to support normal lipid (fat) metabolism.
• Cayenne Pepper – Another very popular ingredient. You probably already know that it’s a spicy addition to food, but Cayenne Pepper, or some sort of Chilli Extract, is also commonly found in supplements of this type.
• Glucomannan – This is a widely-researched ingredient extracted from the the root of the Konjac plant. It’s something called a ‘dietary fiber’ and can be very effective in certain doses.
• Chromium – An important trace element which we need to get from out diet. Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels.
• Zinc – An important essential mineral which contributes to normal protein synthesis, normal macronutrient metabolism and the normal metabolism of fatty acids, as well as some other important things.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – Although found in many foods, these are two important essential vitamins which both contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release.
Anything Else To Bear In Mind?
We mentioned this earlier, but it’s worth repeating. There is no such thing as a ‘magic pill’ to get you your dream body.
The simple truth is that you’ll need to be making the right lifestyle choices before expecting to see results.
That means training hard and eating right by sticking to a health and balanced diet. As we mentioned above, sticking to a health regimen in which you are burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming over time is the most widely-accepted method for achieving fat loss.
It’s also important that you speak to your doctor or a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement, or making any major changes to your diet or exercise regimen.
You should carefully check the label of any product you purchase and read all of the warnings and directions. None of the products on this page are intended for use by anyone under the age of 18.
You should consult your doctor before taking a new supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any prescription medication or have an underlying health condition.
Conclusion – Wrapping Things Up
That brings us to an end of our look at some of the best so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market at the moment.
We’ve brought you the details on some of options available on the market right now, and have taken a look at their various ingredients formulas.