The main aim of the best pre workout for women supplements is to provide you with a boost during exercise so you can get the most out of your training.
As there are a huge array of pre workouts on the market, each containing different ingredients, picking the best product for your fitness needs can be seriously difficult.
We have reviewed the scientific studies around pre workout supplements and the ingredients commonly found in them, to help make the decision a little bit easer.
In this article, we’ll endeavour to offer you the complete guide to the leading pre workout supplements for women by bringing you everything you need to know.
A good pre workout drink or pill should help you with the following:
• Increased motivation
• Supports your fitness goals
• Get the most out of your training
Pre workouts are a great way to supplement your performance. However, they are just that – supplements!
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that a magic pill or powder can solve your fitness and body problems.
A good diet and regular exercise should always come before thinking about trying any kind of supplement.
However, if speed is of the essence, then a quality pre workout can most certainly help you achieve your body goals more easily.
Skip To Section
Current Top Rated Pre Workout Supplements For Women
|Powher||★★★★★||• Made for Women • 1g Beta-Alanine • Vitamins B6 & B12 • Vegan Friendly||Buy Now|
|SPORT Pre Workout||★★★★☆||• Capsule Form • Caffeine Free • No Sweeteners • Vegan Friendly||Buy Now|
|4 Gauge||★★★★☆||• 150mg Caffeine • 1g Creatine • 200mg L-Theanine • Good Reviews||Buy Now|
|Pre Workout Booster||★★★☆☆||• Made for Women • Lower Price • Good Reviews||Buy Now|
|IdealLean Pre Workout||★★★☆☆||• Natural Caffeine • Vitamin Blend • Female Focused||Buy Now|
Pre Workouts for women vs Pre Workouts for men
When it comes down to finding the best pre workout supplement for women, you will almost certainly find that these products differ a little to their male counterparts.
It all comes down to objective. More often than not, men are looking for a product to help support them as they look to build muscle, whilst most women are usually looking for something to support them as they look to trim down.
This means that male pre workouts usually packed with stimulants to help bodybuilders on their quest for gains.
Unfortunately, this also means that these sorts of products are unsuitable for many women, who aren’t really interested in taking stimulant-heavy products.
This is where the very best pre workout powders for women come into play. The best female-focused supplements usually use formulas that don’t overdo it on the stimulants and can help give you some smooth support during exercise.
The other important point to note is that the recommended intake of certain vitamins and minerals differs between the sexes.
The best pre workouts for women are dosed accordingly to ensure you are getting a product suitable for your exact needs.
How much should a good pre workout cost?
Price is always a big driver in any purchase. The question of how much you should spend on a pre workout really comes down to your individual goals and how serious you are about results.
If you venture onto Amazon or GNC, then you will likely come across multiple budget options. You might consider them to be perfectly sufficient for your needs.
But if you are serious about results, you may find that paying only once for the best product (rather than twice for a bad product) will likely save you more money (and time) in the long run.
Best pre workout ingredients for women
So we’ve already established that the top female pre workouts should be lower in stimulants, whilst still providing the key benefits to support your fitness goals.
But what are the most effective pre workout ingredients?
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – They are often overlooked in pre workout supplements, but they are two important B Vitamins. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 both contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release. They are useful for supporting you during periods of exercise.
• Enxtra – For a long time, Caffeine has held the key as the building block of pre workout supplements. Thousands of people have used this stimulant effectively to help support their goals. The downside is that if you use it in doses of 200mg or more then you might potentially experience some adverse effects, including the ‘jitters’ or energy crashes. When used alongside a smaller dose of caffeine or as a replacement, EnXtra can help to support your goals. It’s a caffeine-free, patent-pending botanical ingredient that is often found in the best pre workouts for women.
• Oxyjun – This is a stimulant extracted from the bark of the ‘Terminalia arjuna tree’ thought to help support your fitness and exercise goals. It is an arjunolic acid-free and DNA-authenticated extract of Arjuna and has been shown in several studies to have some impressive benefits related to exercise.
• L-Citrulline Malate – L-Citrulline is the natural form of Citrulline found in fruits such as watermelon. Though the body produces it naturally, supplementing with it is thought to have some benefits, and you’ll find it in a lot of the top pre workout supplements.
• L-Tyrosine – L-Tyrosine is an amino acid which is thought to bring about a number of benefits. It’s another good ingredient that you’ll find in some of the best supplements in this category.
• Coconut Water Powder – Many people have been turning to Coconut Water as an alternative to commercially-available sports drinks. Coconut Water contains electrolytes, which are important for hydration.
• Beta Alanine – Beta-Alanine is an important amino acid the body produces naturally. It’s also commonly used as a pre workout ingredient and is found in many of the leading products.
The Best Pre Workout Supplements for Women
True, there are lots of pre-workout supplements available on the market aimed at both men and women. However, there are also a handful of top supplements out there that have been specifically formulated with women in mind.
The aim of these supplements is to support your fitness goals whilst being designed specifically for the female body.
Here, we look at the most effective pre workout supplements for women on the market right now.
Product website: https://powherofficial.com
Made by the specialist female supplements company Ultimate Life, we currently rate Powher as the top pre workout for women on the market at the moment.
Unlike many other supplements on the market, Powher is a low-stimulant pre workout that is designed to give you smooth support as you look to hit your fitness goals.
It uses a ‘slow release system’ to help support you as you aim to get the very most out of your workouts.
It does this by combining a number of high-quality, branded ingredients. Powher includes stim-free branded ingredients such Oxyjun and the caffeine amplifier EnXtra.
• Potent, fast-acting boost
• Accelerates results by supporting your goals
• Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release
• Pantothenic Acid contributes to normal mental performance
• Simple to use (10g scoop 30 minutes pre-workout)
• Dosed specifically for women
Powher is a premium priced pre workout and starts at $49 for a one-month supply, although discounts are available when buying multiple tubs on the official website.
For more information and to buy now: https://powherofficial.com
2) Performance Lab SPORT Pre-Workout
Product website: www.performancelab.com
The Performance Lab SPORT Pre-Workout is another effective choice for women and it comes in a handy pill form.
That means that it doesn’t need to use any artificial sweeteners, colorants or preservatives, which is good news.
We’re big fans of the new Performance Lab range and their SPORT Pre-Workout is a nice stimulant-free product that can help to support your goals.
• Pill form and Caffeine-free
• Impressive ingredients formula
• Compact and very portable
• No artificial sweeteners, colorants or preservatives
The Performance Lab SPORT Pre-Workout is only available directly from the manufacturer’s website.
It also contains 1000mg of creatine, which may not be the best ingredient for female users.
For more information and to buy now: www.performancelab.com
3) 4 Gauge
Product website: www.4gauge.com
The packaging of this product was what first caught our attention. True, the shotgun cartridge container and brand strapline ‘load up your guns’ might not seem like the best fit for women.
That said, 4 Gauge contains a lot of good ingredients and it’s no wonder that it’s one of the leading pre workouts on the market.
• No proprietary blends, meaning no cheap ingredients or weak doses
• Doesn’t overdo the stimulants
• No artificial sweeteners
• Only uses high-quality ingredients
• 4 Gauge comes at a premium price, and it can only be bought via the official website
• Perhaps a little more masculine in feel
Overall, 4 Gauge is a great supplement that can be used if you feel tired and unmotivated but really want to train to your full potential.
For more information and to buy: www.4gauge.com
4) Women’s Best Pre Workout Booster
Product website: www.womensbest.com
Women’s Best Pre Workout Booster is a good option, even if it did not make it to the very top when it comes to the best pre workout supplements.
It features some important ingredients which are likely to offer some benefits. It no doubt serves as a good booster based on its inclusion of ingredients such as Beta-Alanine and Caffeine.
• Supports your goals
• It is available in fruity flavors you can choose from
• Comes at a reasonable price of about $24 per container
• Uses a proprietary blend to mask doses of the ingredients
• Formula does not appear to be female specific
For more information and to buy now: www.womensbest.com
5) IdealLean Pre Workout
Product website: www.idealfit.co.uk
The final product on our list is the IdealLean female-focused pre workout supplement.
Much like Women’s Best, IdealLean by Ideal Fit contains Natural Caffeine, B Vitamins, and Beta-Alanine.
It’s another decent option if you’re looking for a product to help support your workout goals.
• Natural caffeine from Green Tea extract
• Available in a variety of flavors
• Unique vitamin blend
• Uses a proprietary blend for most ingredients
• Some uses complain that it is too sweet
For more information and to buy: www.idealfit.co.uk
Anything Else To Consider?
We mentioned this at the start of the article, but it’s worth repeating.
There is no such thing as a magic powder or magic pill to give you the results you’re looking for.
Supplements are designed to be taken to help support you on your fitness journey – they are not designed to replace healthy lifestyle choices.
That means that you should always make sure that both your diet and training regime are on point before thinking about using any supplement.
We would also advise that you stay away from any supplements that use proprietary blends.
Proprietary blends are simply an excuse for manufacturers to hide the doses of the individual ingredients. This is not good news, because it makes it much harder to judge whether a product is going to actually be effective or not.
You’ll notice that the top three products on this list do not contain proprietary blends, and the doses of the individual pre workout ingredients are clearly listed.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
We’ve sifted through many, many supplements to get to this point.
The listed products above are all solid options if you are looking for a pre workout supplement for women to help support your goals.
If we had to rate in terms of outright effectiveness, then we’d be leaning towards the top three products on this list.
Powher is certainly our pick of the bunch, but you are not going to go too far wrong by choosing any of the pre workout supplements on this list.