Today we’re going to be reviewing the BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout supplement after having heard a lot about this product.
You’ve probably already heard all about this supplement before, and if you’re looking to find out whether it’s a good choice for you or not, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see where it stands.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the dosages as we look to see whether this product deserves a place on our list of the best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
You can find BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout on Amazon, where it costs around $45 for a tub containing 60 servings.
It seems to be one of the more popular pre workout supplements out there, so we were keen to take a close look at it to see where it stands.
So, let’s now start taking a close look at the BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout to see exactly where it stands.
BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout – The Basics
As we have already noted, BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout is a pre workout supplement made by BSN which claims to have been formulated to help support your fitness goals.
In case you didn’t already know, pre workout supplements are usually powdered products that you mix with water and drink before starting your training or sport session.
They are designed to give you a boost and make it easier for you to get the most out of your time exercising.
BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout seems to be one of the more popular products on Amazon in this category, and it has been reviews more than one thousand times by real customers.
The promotional material on Amazon describes this product as a “pre workout igniter” with “industry heritage that has been helping athletes train harder since 2004”.
Clearly, BSN N.O.-Xplode seems to be one of the more established pre workouts out there right now.
It is available to buy in a number of different flavors, including:
• Cherry Limeade
• Blue Raz
• Caffeine Free Fruit Punch
It claims to use “advanced ingredient technology” and has been “re-engineered to push you past previous limits”.
The promotional listing goes on to say that BSN N.O.-Xplode has been designed for athletes of all levels to help you through your workouts “from start to finish”.
So, clearly BSN are pretty confident about their product and it seems to be pretty popular amongst customers.
But the best way to see if a product can actually live up to the hype or not is to focus on the ingredients and dosages.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important part of ourBSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout Review.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of BSN N.O.-Xplode, as shown on the tub.
Firstly, we must admit that we were disappointed to see that BSN N.O.-Xplode uses proprietary blends to hide the doses of a lot of the ingredients.
This is not ideal at all, as we much prefer it when manufacturers are transparent with their customers and show the doses of all of the ingredients.
Generally speaking, we advise to stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends.
BSN N.O.-Xplode has a lot of ingredients, but let’s take a closer look at the main ones in the formula now.
• Niacin – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient. Also known as Vitamin B3, Niacin contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release, so you can see why it may be a good inclusion.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – We always like to see B Vitamins used in supplements like this. Vitamins B6 and B12 in particular are good because they both contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Magnesium – This is an essential mineral that is sometimes used in supplements like this. In case you didn’t know, Magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release.
• Calcium – Again, this is a fairly common pre workout ingredient. Calcium contributes to normal energy release and normal muscle function, so you can probably see why it’s often used in pre workout supplements.
• Creatine – This is one of the most common pre workout ingredients. Of course, Creatine is also a popular post-workout supplement, but many pre workouts also include it in small doses. Unfortunately, we don’t know the actual dose of Creatine used in this supplement because of the use of a proprietary blend.
• Caffeine Anhydrous (twice) – Caffeine is, of course, one of the most popular stimulants in the world. It’s consumed by millions of people on a daily basis. The problem here is that we have no idea how much Caffeine is actually included in each scoop, or at least it is not disclosed anywhere obvious. Caffeine Anhydrous is actually included in two of the proprietary blends in this supplement, which we find a little bit odd. We don’t like pre workouts that use more than 150mg of Caffeine per serving, and we don’t know how much is in BSN N.O.-Xplode.
• L-Citrulline Malate – This is a common pre workout ingredient. It’s an amino acid found primarily in watermelons and is commonly added to the top pre workout supplements, so we were happy to find it in the BSN N.O.-Xplode formula.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – Another fairly common pre workout ingredient, it’s a decent inclusion in the BSN N.O.-Xplode ingredients formula.
• Taurine – This is an ingredient which is found in many commercially-available energy drinks. It’s one of the main ingredients in the female pre workout Powher, and we were happy to find it on the label of BSN N.O.-Xplode.
The BSN N.O.-Xplode formula has some decent things in it that we like to find in pre workouts.
It’s just a shame that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of many of the ingredients, which is far from ideal.
There are also a couple of ingredients we would have liked to have seen used in this supplement, such as Beet Root Extract and Coconut Water Powder.
You can see our list of our top recommended pre workouts on sale right now by following the link shown below.
BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout Reviews
We did some digging on Amazon to see what real customers were saying about BSN N.O.-Xplode.
As we mentioned above, this is one of the most reviewed pre workouts on sale right now. It has been reviewed more than 1,600 times on Amazon and has an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they won’t be using any other pre workout supplement again.
However, one negative review came from somebody who left a one star review and said that they were disappointed as BSN appeared to change the formula.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful of with pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Too much Caffeine can cause some familiar side effects, especially if you’re already consuming Caffeine from other sources.
The problem with BSN N.O.-Xplode is that we don’t actually know the dose of Caffeine in each serving, as it’s concealed in the proprietary blends. Needless to say, this is not ideal.
You should always speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time, and you should also carefully check the label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate BSN N.O.-Xplode as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It certainly has some good ingredients and seems to be well-received by customers.
However, we feel that it’s let down badly by BSN’s decision to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of most of the ingredients.
Remember that you can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Remember that there is no such thing as a magic pill or powder to make you hit your fitness goals.
Before even thinking about taking a supplement, you should always make sure that you are sticking to a healthy diet and training hard.
A good pre workout supplement can help to support your goals, but getting the basics right is more important than taking any pre workout powders.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So, here we are at the end of our BSN N.O.-Xplode Pre-Workout review.
Overall, this is clearly a popular pre workout supplement that many people like a lot.
However, we do not rate it as one of the very best products on the market right now, and that’s mainly because it uses proprietary blends to hide the doses of a lot of the ingredients.
Simply put, we feel that there are probably better options out there that have totally transparent ingredient lists.