C4 Extreme Energy is a pre workout supplement made by Cellucor that has been designed to help you to smash your workout goals.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular supplement, then you’ve landed in the right place.
This Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see exactly where it stands in relation to the top pre workout supplements on sale right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the dosages as we look to discover whether this is a supplement worth using or not.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be difficult to pick out the best product for you.
Hopefully, this review will make it easier for you to decide whether C4 Extreme Energy is the supplement for you or if your money would be better spent elsewhere.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at C4 Extreme Energy.
Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy – The Basics
As we have already covered, Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy is a pre workout supplement that’s been designed to be taken before periods of exercise.
Pre workout supplements usually come in powder form and are meant to be mixed with water and consumed to help you to get the very most out of your time training or in the gym.
The marketing material on the official Cellucor website says that C4 Extreme Energy is an alternative to C4 Original and that it can help to give you an “extra rush”.
It’s claimed to be the “next step” for people looking to get the most out of their time spent training – and the formula is set to be an upgrade on the flagship C4 Original product.
C4 Extreme Energy is currently available in the following flavors:
• Strawberry Kiwi
• Cherry Limeade
• Icy Blue Razz
• Lemon Drop
The tub describes C4 Extreme Energy as an “explosive” pre workout that’s been formulated to help you to hit your health and fitness goals.
It contains a number of different ingredients for various benefits and the formula has been slightly tweaked from the popular C4 Original.
So, it all sounds pretty good to us so far, but it’s usually better not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the actual ingredients and dosages – and that’s what we’re going to do now.
Let’s kick this important part off by taking a look at the actual ingredients formula of C4 Extreme Energy as shown on the tub.
Although a lot of the ingredients are shown alongside their dosages, it is disappointing that this supplement uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of certain ingredients in this formula.
We generally advise that you stay away from products that use proprietary blends, because there’s really no excuse for manufacturers to use them in this day and age.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy formula:
• Vitamin C – This is an important vitamin and it’s not a bad place to start for the C4 Extreme formula. In case you didn’t already know, Vitamin C contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins which play a key role in a number of bodily processes. For example, both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release. So you can see why they are two good inclusions in the Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy formula.
• Potassium – This is a good ingredient that is often overlooked in pre workout supplements. It’s an essential mineral which contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and normal muscle function, amongst other things.
• Beta-Alanine – A common pre workout ingredient that’s often added to the top products in this category. It’s good to see Beta-Alanine included in the Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy formula.
• Creatine Nitrate – You’re probably already familiar with Creatine because of its post-workout benefits. What you may not know is that Creatine is also a popular and efficient pre workout ingredient, so it was good to find it in the ingredients list here.
• Citrulline Malate – This is an amino acid that is found in watermelons. Most pre workout supplements use some Citrulline Malate, so it was good to find it on the label here. Our only slight gripe is that the dose is a little bit light at just one gram.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – An important pre workout ingredient, you probably already know all about Caffeine and its benefits. The 300mg dose per serving is too high for our liking (we prefer a maximum of 100mg) but we guess that people are looking for a big dose considering the nature of this particular supplement.
• Theacrine – This is not the most common pre workout ingredient, and it’s part of the “Extreme Energy Blend” meaning that we don’t actually know the exact dose that is used here.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – A decent ingredient. L-Tyrosine is one of the 20 essential amino acids that is used in the body. It’s not a bad inclusion, it’s just a shame that again, we don’t know the dose used because it’s inside the proprietary blend.
The Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy formula is a pretty good one.
However, as we mentioned above, we were disappointing at the use of a proprietary blend, as we feel this is unnecessary.
It would have also been good to see Cellucor use some of our other favorite pre workout ingredients in this supplement, such as Beetroot Extract and Coconut Water Powder.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workouts on the market right now via the link shown below.
Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy Reviews
We did some digging online to see what real customers were saying about Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon from around 215 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they loved the product because their lifting and intensity “increased dramatically” which sounds pretty cool.
However, one more negative review came from someone who rated it one star and said that the powder came completely clumped up and so it was unusable.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful of with pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
We all know that too much Caffeine can cause negative side effects such as energy crashes and the jitters.
The 300mg dose of Caffeine per serving in this supplement is a big one – so we definitely would not recommend taking this product in the late afternoon or evening, or it may affect your sleep.
You should always carefully check the label to ensure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy as one of the best pre workouts on the market right now.
It contains a lot of good ingredients, but we feel that it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend, and the Caffeine content is too high for our liking.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workouts on sale right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
As always, you should not expect a supplement to solve all of your health and fitness problems.
Pre workouts can help to support you while training, but you’ll still have to be putting in the hard work yourself, as well as making sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and training regime.
You should also speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Extreme Energy review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent pre workout that does have a few good ingredients.
However, the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and misses out a lot of our favorite ingredients means that we don’t quite rate it as highly as other products out there right now.