Cellucor C4 Original is a pre workout supplement that’s been designed to help support your fitness goals.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular supplement, then you’ve landed on the right page.
We’re going to take a close look at this supplement from all angles as we look to see where it ranks in relation to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now.
In case you didn’t know, pre workout supplements are usually delivered in powder form and are designed to help support you through periods of exercise.
This review is going to take a particularly close look at the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the dosages as we look to see exactly where this supplement stands.
There are hundreds of pre workout supplements on sale these days but they are not all created equal.
The extra choice is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to pick out the best products in this category.
So, with the introductions now out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at Cellucor C4 Original from all angles as we look to find out where it stands.
Skip To Section
Cellucor C4 Original – The Basics
As we’ve already worked out, Cellucor C4 Original is a pre workout supplement that has been designed to support your goals.
Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness industry, and so it’s hard not to take notice of their main pre workout offering.
Cellucor C4 original is available to buy at various online outlets including Amazon, where it costs around $50 for a 60-serving tub.
It’s available in a number of flavors, including:
• Orange Burst
• Cherry Limeade
• Blue Raspberry
The marketing material on Amazon says that this supplement is America’s number one pre workout in terms of sales, which is certainly some claim.
This supplement promises to help you enjoy better training sessions for better results.
The manufacturers also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is good to see. Guarantees like that always suggest that the manufacturer fully believes in their product.
It claims to use a “premium” formula to help deliver your results. The marketing material also says that it uses a “purposefully-crafted blend of patented ingredients” to help support your goals.
This is all pretty good so far. However, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
It’s usually better to focus on the ingredients formula and the customer reviews to get an all-round picture of whether a supplement is any good or not.
So, with that in mind, let’s now move on to the next important part of our Cellucor C4 Original review.
Let’s begin this part by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor C4 Original, as printed on the tub.
The first disappointing thing that we noticed when taking a look at the Cellucor C4 Original formula is that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of a lot of the ingredients.
This is not ideal and we generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, mainly because we don’t agree with the use of them in this day and age.
We feel that manufacturers should be able to be 100 per cent transparent with their customers these days.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Cellucor C4 Original Pre Workout formula.
• Vitamin C – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient and it’s not a bad inclusion. Vitamin C is a good addition to this kind of supplement because it contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function, so you can see why it’s a decent inclision.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – Once again, these are two good inclusions. B Vitamins are important for your overall health, and B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Niacin – Also known as Vitamin B3, Niacin also contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release. Another solid inclusion.
• Beta-Alanine – This is another common pre workout ingredient and so it was good to find it in the Cellucor C4 Original formula. You’ll find it in a lot of the top products in this category, so we were happy to find it here.
• Creatine Nitrate – Creatine is a very popular post and pre workout supplement ingredient. The smallish dose of one gram should be enough to give you the benefits you are looking for.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is a popular stimulant that really needs no introduction. We always like to see Caffeine included in supplements in this category. You probably already know all about its benefits, and the 150mg dose in C4 Original is a sensible one that shouldn’t cause side effects for most people.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – We like to L-Tyrosine used in pre workouts. The only downside here is that because it’s part of the proprietary blend, it means we don’t know if the dose is good enough to be effective or not.
The C4 Original formula has some pretty good things in it, so we can’t complain too much.
The use of a proprietary blend is probably the most disappointing thing about this supplement.
We would also have liked to see Cellucor use some other ingredients that we like to see, such as Beet Root Extract and Coconut Water Powder.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on sale right now via the link shown below.
Cellucor C4 Original Reviews
We did a little digging online to uncover some Cellucor C4 Original reviews.
At the time of writing this article, it had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars from just over 470 reviews.
One person left a five star review and said that it had really helped them to take their workouts to the next level.
However, there was also a negative review from someone who said that the powder had gone hard when they bought it and it was therefore unusable.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful with when it comes to pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
We all know that too much Caffeine can cause problems for some people, especially if you’re already getting some from other sources.
The 150mg dose of Caffeine in C4 Original is a sensible one and shouldn’t cause too many problems.
However, we do advise that you are careful if you’re already consuming Caffeine – and we would not recommend taking this supplement close to bedtime.
We also strongly advise that you speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
Cellucor C4 Original is certainly a decent option if you’re looking for a pre workout supplement from a reputable brand.
That being said, we don’t currently rate it as one of the very best supplements on the market right now in this category.
That’s mainly because it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of a lot of the ingredients on the label.
Remember to check out our guide to the top pre workouts on the market right now by following the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Remember that a supplement cannot do the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that you are eating right and training hard before thinking about taking any new supplements for the first time.
Supplements can help to support you on your fitness journey, but they cannot do more than sticking to a healthy lifestyle.
For that reason, you should never expect miracles from any kind of supplement, even pre workouts.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Original pre workout supplement review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK supplement that has some good ingredients to help support you through your workouts.
However, we feel that this product is ultimately let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend.
And for that reason, we don’t currently rate it as one of the absolute best pre workouts on sale right now.