Today we’re going to be reviewing the latest addition to the seemingly never-ending C4 pre workout range from Cellucor – C4 Ripped Sport.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest supplements to hit the market, and Cellucor are one of the biggest names and most trusted brands in the supplements industry.
The purpose of this Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport review is for us to take a close look at this pre workout supplement from all angles to see where it stands.
We’re going to be delving deep into the ingredients formula, the dosages and the customer reviews to see exactly where this product stands in relation to our pick of the best pre workout supplements on sale right now.
There are so many different supplements available in this category right now that it can be difficult to pick out the very best products.
This review will break down all of the important things you need to know about C4 Ripped Sport as we look to see where it stands in relation to the leading products on the market right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a look at some of the basic facts about C4 Ripped Sport.
Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, C4 Ripped Sport is a pre workout supplement made and sold by Cellucor.
So, what sets C4 Ripped Sport apart from the huge choice of other supplements in the C4 range?
Well, according to the marketing material on the official Cellucor website, C4 Ripped Sport combines the powerful ingredients of C4 Sport with a “revolutionary” formula to help you get into shape.
It claims to be a “best-in-class” pre workout supplement to support your health and fitness goals.
The promotional material goes on to say that this supplement has been designed to help give you what you need to be able to perform at your best, whether in the gym or playing sport.
Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport is currently available in two flavors:
• Fruit Punch
• Arctic Snow Cone
The marketing material goes on to say that Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport can be your “teammate” as you look to smash your health and fitness goals this year.
So, it all sounds pretty good to us so far, but we prefer not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own product, and instead focus on the actual ingredients and their dosages.
With that in mind, let’s move on to the next important part of our Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport formula.
Let’s kick off this important part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport as shown on the tub.
Firstly, it is disappointing to see that Cellucor have chosen to use a proprietary blend with this supplement.
Some of the ingredients are shown clearly along with their doses (the way it should be) but others are hidden away in blends, meaning that we don’t actually know the doses of some of the substances used.
This is not ideal, and we generally advise staying away from supplements that use proprietary blends. All of the supplements in our recommended lists do not use proprietary blends – they tell the customer exactly what’s in them.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport formula.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – The C4 Ripped Sport formula has an excellent Vitamin and Mineral profile. Vitamins B6 and B12 are important for a number of reasons. They both contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, amongst other things.
• Calcium – You have probably heard about this essential mineral before. In case you didn’t know, Calcium contributes to normal energy release, normal muscle function and the maintenance of normal bones, amongst other things.
• Magnesium – This is another essential mineral which many people are deficient in these days. Magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy release and normal protein synthesis, amongst other important things. It’s a really important mineral and it’s good to find it in the formula here.
• Potassium – Another important mineral which contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and normal muscle function.
• Beta-Alanine – This is a very popular pre workout ingredient and it’s a solid inclusion in the C4 Ripped Sport formula. The disappointing thing, though, is that this supplement uses a proprietary blend, so we don’t actually know exactly how much of it is included in the formula.
• Citrulline Malate – An amino acid found primarily in watermelons, this is another important pre workout ingredient. It’s a good inclusion in the formula, but again it’s a shame that we don’t know the actual dose.
• L-Carnitine Tartrate – L-Carnitine what’s known as a naturally occurring amino acid derivative. It’s found in a lot of the leading pre workout supplements on the market, and it’s a decent inclusion.
• Taurine – Taurine is an ingredient that’s found in a lot of commercially-available energy drinks. So, you can probably guess why it’s been included in the C4 Ripped Sport formula.
• Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg) – Caffeine is a key ingredient in most pre workout supplements. You probably already know all about how this popular stimulant works. Each serving of C4 Ripped Sport uses 135mg of Caffeine, which is a sensible dose in our opinion.
The Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport formula does have some pretty good things in it, and it does have a great Vitamin and Mineral profile, which is often overlooked by similar supplements.
That being said, it would have been nice to see Cellucor include some of our other favorite ingredients in this supplement, such as Beetroot Extract and Coconut Water Powder.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport Reviews
We did some digging on Amazon.com to see what real customers were saying about Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars from a total of 385 reviews.
One person left a five-star review and said they were delighted by the results, claiming that there should be more pre workouts available in this price range.
However, one negative review came from somebody who rated it only one star and said that this supplement didn’t “make the cut”.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
We all know that too much Caffeine can cause negative effects, so it is worth bearing this in mind before taking this supplement for the first time.
The 135mg dose of Caffeine per serving is a sensible one, but you’ll want to regulate your Caffeine intake from other sources if you’re taking this supplement.
We would also not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime as the Caffeine content could affect your sleep.
Always carefully check the label and do your own research into the ingredients before taking a new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport as one of the very best pre workouts out there right now.
It has some decent ingredients but we feel that it is let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and is missing some of our favorite ingredients.
Remember to check out our updated guide to the best pre workouts on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a ‘magic’ supplement to help you hit your health and fitness goals.
You’ll need to make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet, are training hard and getting plenty of rest before expecting to see any real results.
Pre workout supplements can indeed provide you with support, but you’ll still have to make sure that you’re doing the hard work yourself.
You should also always speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Ripped Sport pre workout review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good supplement that contains a lot of the thing we look for in pre workouts, including an excellent vitamin and mineral profile.
However, we don’t quite rate it as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now, as we feel it’s missing a lot of our favorite ingredients, and it’s let down by the fact that it uses proprietary blends.