Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power is a pre workout supplement that has been designed to help support your goals and take your training to the next level.
We’re always looking to hear about the latest supplements to hit the market and Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the industry.
In case you didn’t know, pre workout supplements are products that have been designed to help support your health and fitness training goals.
Cellucor have one of the biggest range of pre workout supplements out there, so we’re always curious to see what they’re offering when they add another product to their line.
This C4 Ultimate Power review is going to focus on all of the main things you need to know about this particular supplement so you can decide whether it’s the right product for you or not.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the dosages as we look to see where this product compares to the top pre workout supplements out there right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power is a pre workout supplement that has been formulated to support your health and fitness training goals.
Pre workouts are usually powders that are mixed with water and that have been designed to be consumed 20-30 minutes before starting your training session.
C4 Ultimate Power currently comes in the following two flavors:
• Cherry Pie
• Peach Cobbler
According to the official Cellucor website, this product has been designed to be unlike “anything else” on the market right now.
It claims to help with your focus and energy levels so that you’ll be able to get the very most out of your time spent training.
The marketing material on the official website says that this product is in a “league of its own” when it comes to pre workout supplements.
Now, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to concentrate on the actual ingredients formula and customer reviews to get an all-round feel for how good a product is.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the key section in our Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power review – the ingredients.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power as shown on the tub itself.
As you can no doubt see for yourself, it’s a pretty lengthy ingredients list.
The disappointing thing is that some of the supplement ingredients are hidden in a ‘proprietary blend’. This means that we don’t actually know the doses and how much of each have been included in the formula.
We generally advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as there’s not really any excuse for their use in this day and age.
Let’s now move on and take a close look at the main ingredients in the Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power formula.
• Vitamin C – An important vitamin which contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
• Citrulline Malate – This is a very good and common pre workout ingredient. It’s an amino acid that is found primarily in watermelons. It is thought to have a number of positive benefits and so it was good to find it in the C4 Ultimate Power formula.
• Beta-Alanine – This is another fairly common pre workout ingredient. It’s believed to have a number of benefits and is a good inclusion to help support your health and fitness goals.
• Creatine Nitrate – You probably already know all about Creatine as a great post-workout ingredient. However, it’s also a good inclusion in pre workout supplements. In case you didn’t know, Creatine is thought to have a number of benefits when taken pre workout. This supplement uses two different types of Creatine, although we’re not too sure that’s necessary.
• KSM-66 Ashwagandha – This is a fairly common ingredient in so-called ‘testosterone booster’ supplements. However, it’s fairly rare to find it in a pre workout. That said, it’s still a good inclusion in the formula here.
• Taurine – Taurine is a common ingredient in many commercially-available energy drinks, so you can probably guess why it’s been included in this formula. It’s a decent inclusion.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Although this is part of the proprietary blend, we do know that there is 300mg of Caffeine in this supplement. This is quite a lot more than we would usually recommend, so it is worth being aware that this is quite a high dose. We usually look for around 100mg of Caffeine in supplements like this.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – This is another fairly common pre workout ingredient. In case you didn’t know, L-Tyrosine is one of the 20 essential amino acids that are needed to synthesize proteins in the body.
The Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power ingredients formula has some pretty good things in it, despite having a bit too much Caffeine for our liking.
That being said, we were disappointed that this product didn’t include any B Vitamins. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins such as B6 and B12 are important because they contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
It was also disappointing that there was no L-Theanine included in this supplement, as this is one of our favorite ingredients to be paired alongside Caffeine.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power Reviews
We did a little digging online to see what real customers were saying about Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power.
There were not a great deal of reviews on Amazon at the time of writing, presumably because it’s a fairly new product.
It had an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars from a total of just five reviews.
One person left a five-star review and said that they absolutely loved the flavor of this supplement.
However, one negative review came from someone who left a one-star review and said that it was “absolute garbage”.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be wary of when it comes to pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
As we mentioned above, each serving of Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power contains 300mg of Caffeine. This is a big dose and may be too much for some people in one go.
We would also not advise taking this supplement too close to bedtime, as the significant Caffeine content could affect your sleep.
As always, you should carefully check the label to make sure that you’re not allergic to the ingredients and speak to a certified medical professional before taking it for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power as one of the top pre workouts out there right now.
It has too many stimulants for our liking, and it hides the doses of a lot of its ingredients inside a proprietary blend.
Remember that you can check out our updated guide to the top pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a ‘magic supplement’ to solve your health and fitness problems.
You should always make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly before thinking about taking any new product for the first time in this category.
We also strongly advise seeking advice from a certified medical professional before taking any new kind of supplement for the first time.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Ultimate Power review.
Overall, we think this is a decent supplement but we don’t rate it as one of the very best on the market right now.