Cellucor C4 Ultimate is a pre workout supplement that has been formulated to help support your fitness goals.
It’s sold on Amazon and elsewhere online and has been designed to be taken before periods of exercise to help you get the most out of your training sessions.
If you’re looking to find out all there is to know about Cellucor C4 Ultimate, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This C4 Ultimate review is going to bring you everything you need to know about this particular pre workout supplement as we look to see where it ranks in comparison to the best pre workout products on sale right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the side effects as we take a close look at this supplement.
There are loads of products on sale these days in this category, and so there is more choice than ever when it comes to picking a product like this.
So, hopefully our Cellucor C4 Ultimate review will help you to decide whether this is the right product for you or not.
Let’s now kick off our review by taking a closer look at the basic facts about this particular supplement.
Cellucor C4 Ultimate – The Basics
As we have clearly already worked out, Cellucor C4 Ultimate is a pre workout supplement that has been designed to help you get the most out of your training sessions.
It is described on the tub as the “most explosive” pre workout supplement, and it comes in a quite cool looking black branded tub.
You can find Cellucor C4 Ultimate on Amazon, where it costs around $40 for a tub of 20 servings, making it one of the pricier pre workout supplements out there right now.
It comes in a number of different flavors, including:
• Cherry Limeade
• Icy Blue Razz
• Orange Mango
According to the marketing material on Amazon, Cellucor C4 Ultimate has been formulated to deliver “an ultimate experience on every level”.
The manufacturers also claim that they have used their long track history in the supplements industry to help develop this product.
Cellucor are certainly one of the more well-known names in the health and fitness supplements industry, so it’s no real surprise to hear this.
So clearly Cellucor are pretty confident about this product and its benefits.
However, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to focus on the important facts such as the ingredients formula and dosages. So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important section.
Let’s begin this key part of our Cellucor C4 Ultimate review by taking a look at the actual ingredients label as printed on the tub.
It’s a bit disappointing that Cellucor have opted to use a proprietary blend to hide the doses of some of the ingredients in the C4 Ultimate formula.
Generally speaking, we advise to stay away from products that use proprietary blends, as they mean that you won’t know the doses of a lot of the ingredients used.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Cellucor C4 Ultimate Pre Workout formula.
• Vitamin C – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient and it’s not a bad one. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function, which makes it a pretty good pre workout ingredient.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – We always like to see B Vitamins used in supplements like this, because they support a number of important bodily functions. In case you didn’t know, Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Niacin – Also known as Vitamin B3, this is another fairly common pre workout ingredient. It also contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release.
• Citrulline Malate – This is a common pre workout ingredient and it’s one of our favorites. It’s an amino acid found in watermelons which is thought to have a number of benefits. The six gram dose in Cellucor C4 Ultimate is a solid one.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Although this is part of the proprietary blend, Cellucor do reveal that the dose of Caffeine in this supplement is 300mg. Caffeine is a good ingredient, and you are probably already very familiar with its benefits. However, we prefer to see smaller doses used in pre workouts. 300mg is a bit on the high side for our liking. We generally recommend that a pre workout includes no more than 150mg per serving.
• Taurine – This is a decent pre workout ingredient that is found in many commercially-available energy drinks. It’s also a main ingredient in the new female focused pre workout Powher. Not a bad inclusion.
• Beta-Alanine – Another common pre workout ingredient. You’ll find it in most of the top pre workout supplements on the market right now, and we think it’s a decent inclusion in the C4 Ultimate formula.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – This is another fairly common ingredient for a supplement in this category. The problem is that we don’t know the dose used because it’s part of the proprietary blend.
The Cellucor C4 Ultimate formula has some pretty good things in it, and the doses of the ingredients (where they are known) are pretty good.
Still, it would have been good to see some things such as L-Carnitine and Beet Root extract included in this supplement.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now via the link below.
Cellucor C4 Ultimate Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to see what customers were saying about Cellucor C4 Ultimate.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars from around 270 reviews.
One happy customer rated it five stars and said that it was worth the price-tag, and said that it was their new favorite pre workout.
However, one negative review came from someone who gave it one star and said that the powder was “hard as a rock”.
Overall, the C4 Ultimate reviews we found online seemed to be a bit mixed.
What About Side Effects?
As always, the main thing to be wary of with pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
The 300mg dose in C4 Ultimate is a bit too high for our liking. We generally recommend that you use a pre workout that uses no more than 150mg of Caffeine per serving.
We do strongly recommend that you consult the ingredients label and make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the substances.
We also recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about using any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Cellucor C4 Ultimate as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
That’s mainly because we think that the dose of Caffeine (300mg) is too high, and some of the ingredient doses are hidden in a proprietary blend.
You can see our updated best pre workout supplement guide by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a magic supplement to help you achieve your goals.
You should always make sure that you’re doing the basics right first before thinking about any kind of supplementation.
That means making sure that you are sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly before taking a supplement.
Supplements can help to support your fitness goals, but they will not work miracles on their own.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Ultimate pre workout review.
Overall, we think this is a decent – if expensive – pre workout that has some good ingredients in it. It contains a lot of our top recommended ingredients.
That said, we feel that it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend for some of the doses, and we also feel that the 300mg dose of Caffeine is a bit too high.
Overall, we think that there are some better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a top pre workout.