Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred is a popular pre workout supplement that’s been designed to help support your health and fitness goals.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular product, then you’ve landed on the right page.
We’re going to take a close look at this pre workout in detail to see whether it’s the right product for you, or if your money would be better spent on something else.
Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the supplement industry, and so it’s difficult not to pay attention when they release a new product.
In this review, we’re going to take a detailed look at the ingredients, the dosages and the customer reviews to see where this product stands in relation to the top pre workout supplements on the market at the moment.
There are so many different pre workout supplements on the market these days that it can be difficult to pick out the best products, so hopefully this review will make things easier.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred from all angles.
Skip To Section
Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred – The Basics
As we have already mentioned, C4 Ultimate Shred is a pre workout supplement that’s been designed to help support your gym goals.
Pre workouts are a great way to help support your goals and make sure that you’re getting the most out of your training sessions at the gym.
C4 Ultimate Shred is currently available in three different flavors:
• Midnight Cherry
• Lemon Italian Ice
• Icy Blue Razz
• Strawberry Watermelon
• Gummy Candy
The official Cellucor website says that C4 Ultimate Shred is a tool to help you get the most out of your workouts and hit your body goals at the same time.
It claims to be the “super charge” your results so you can get the very most out of your training sessions.
The marketing material claims that C4 Ultimate Shred is unlike any other similar product on the market and that it is the supplement to help you hit your goals.
It is marketed as a hybrid pre workout and ‘fat burner’ supplement, which can work in two main ways to support you on your fitness journey.
The promotional description goes on to say that this supplement uses a “cutting edge” blend of ingredients to help you to achieve “extreme definition”.
So, this all sounds pretty good to us so far, but we generally prefer not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the actual ingredients in the formula – so with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important section in our Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred review.
Let’s begin this part by taking a look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred, as shown on the tub.
Firstly, it was a shame to see that this supplement uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of some of the ingredients.
This means that we don’t know the exact doses of some of the ingredients, and instead we are only told the total amount in the overall ‘blend’.
This is not ideal, and we generally don’t like it when supplement manufacturers choose to use proprietary blends with their supplements.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Cellcuor C4 Ultimate Shred formula.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins that we always like to see used in products of this type. In case you didn’t know, both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release. Two good inclusions.
• Vitamin C – This is an important vitamin that you’re probably already familiar with. Vitamin C contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, amongst other things.
• Niacin – Another decent inclusion, which contributes to normal energy release and the normal functioning of the nervous system.
• Citrulline Malate – This is a very common pre workout ingredient. It’s an amino acid found primarily in watermelons that is known for having a number of benefits, and most of the top pre workout supplements on the market use it as an ingredient.
• Beta-Alanine – Another commonly found substance in pre workout supplements. Beta-Alanine is one of the main ingredients in a lot of the top supplements on the market in this category.
• Taurine – This is an ingredient which is often found in commercially-available energy drinks. It’s a decent inclusion in the Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred formula.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This ingredient really needs no introduction. Caffeine is a popular stimulant that you are probably already familiar with. Each serving of Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred uses 300mg of Caffeine, which is a little bit too much for our liking (we prefer pre workouts to contain a maximum of 150mg per serving).
• Cayenne Pepper – A common ingredient found in many so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements. Cayenne is an extensively-researched ingredient, and it’s believed to have a number of benefits.
• Green Tea Extract – You’ve probably already come across Green Tea extract in supplements before. It’s a good inclusion, but it’s disappointing that we don’t know the exact dose because of it’s part of the proprietary blend.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a commonly used supplement ingredient. It’s believed to work by increasing the absorption of the other ingredients – so that could make for a more effective supplement overall.
Aside from the disappointing use of a proprietary blend, Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred does tick a lot of boxes when it comes to what we look for in pre workout supplements.
That being said, it would have been good to see this product include things such as L-Carnitine and Beetroot Extract – two of our favorite ingredients.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred Reviews
We did some digging online to see what real customers were saying about Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon, from a total of 58 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that this was probably the best “Shred” pre workout that they have ever used.
However, one negative review came from someone who left a one-star rating and said it was too strong and that they didn’t recommend it.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful of with pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulant such as Caffeine.
As we mentioned above, Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred contains 300mg of Caffeine per serving. This is a lot, and could very well be too much for many people.
We all know that too many stimulants can cause negative side effects such as energy crashes and the jitters.
You should carefully check the label to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients before using a new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently recommend C4 Ultimate Shred as one of the best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It has some good ingredients, but we feel that it’s let down badly by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend, and the Caffeine content is too high in our opinion.
Remember that you can check out our guide to the top pre workout supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a ‘magic supplement’ to help solve your health and fitness problems.
You should always make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and training hard before even thinking about taking a new supplement.
We also advise that you speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Cellucor C4 Ultimate Shred review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent supplement that does contain a handful of good and useful ingredients.
However, we feel that it’s let down badly by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of many of the ingredients, and that it uses too much caffeine for our liking.