Cellucor P6 PM is marketed as a male-focused supplement designed to be taken before bed.
It you’re looking to find out whether Cellucor P6 PM is a product worth trying or not, then you’re in the right place.
Read on to get the full lowdown about this supplement in our full Cellucor P6 PM review.
Before we get going, it’s important to realise that most of the products in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to boost testosterone levels. They are usually simply food supplements which contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
We’re constantly on the lookout for the best so-called ‘testosterone booster’ supplements on the market right now, and so naturally we wanted to find out a bit more about Cellucor P6 PM.
Cellucor are one of the biggest brands in the health and fitness supplement market, so it’s hard not to take notice of their products when they bring them to market.
Cellucor P6 PM is available to buy at various stores online, including Amazon, GNC and other stores such as Walmart.
This Cellucor P6 PM review is going to focus on all of the important aspects of this supplement as we look to try and determine where it stands in comparison to the leading products on the market right now.
We’re going to concentrate on all of the important things you need to know about this supplement, including the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the doses.
So now that the introductions are out of the way, let’s begin to start taking a look at Cellucor P6 PM in a bit more detail.
Skip To Section
Cellucor P6 PM – The Basics
So, as we’ve already deduced, Cellucor P6 PM is a popular supplement that has been designed to provide “nighttime support”.
It’s a somewhat unique supplement in this category of products, as most similar supplements are designed to be taken throughout the day.
The marketing material on the bottle says that Cellucor P6 PM will work in multiple ways to help support you on your journey.
This is certainly something of a unique take from Cellucor, and the manufacturers certainly deserve some praise for the originality they have shown in this case.
The official listing on the Amazon website says that Cellucor P6 PM has been designed to take the emphasis off training and instead place it on the all-important recovery state.
This certainly sounds pretty good to us, but the manufacturer claims are only as good as the actual ingredients that make it into the formula.
So, now it’s time to take a closer look at the actual ingredients formula of Cellucor P6 PM to see whether this supplement can actually live up to the marketing hype or not.
So let’s now move on to the important ingredients part of this Cellucor P6 PM review.
Let’s kick off this crucial part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Cellucor P6 PM as written on the bottle.
It’s really disappointing to see that Cellucor have used a proprietary blend with this supplement.
Proprietary blends are one of the biggest gimmicks in the health and fitness industry, as they are just a convenient excuse for manufacturers to get away without disclosing the full ingredients doses.
Instead, we’re only told the list of ingredients used – but without the doses, making it practically impossible to judge whether a product is going to be effective or not.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in Cellucor P6 PM:
• Vitamin B6 – This is a solid ingredient for any supplement like this, and the good news is that it’s not part of the proprietary blend, which means we know the dose used. Vitamin B6 contributes to a normal energy-yielding metabolism and the normal function of the nervous system.
• Zinc – Zinc is a great ingredient. Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal serum testosterone concentrations and normal fertility and reproduction. Again, this ingredient isn’t part of the proprietary blend in Cellucor P6 PM, meaning that we know that there is 30mg per serving.
• Magnesium – This is the last ingredient that isn’t part of the proprietary blend in Cellucor P6 PM, and it’s another good one. Magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release. So it’s another good addition to the Cellucor P6 PM formula.
• L-Theanine – The first ingredient in the proprietary blend. L-Theanine is an ingredient we’re more used to finding in pre workout supplements because it combines well with Caffeine and is sometimes included in the same supplement. It’s an amino acid found in tea leaves, but we’ve not found it in many similar supplements before.
• Passionflower – There have been some studies which suggest that supplementing with Passionflower could help with certain things. It’s a decent inclusion in Cellucor P6 PM, but there are certainly some more effective ingredients that could have been used in its place.
• Melatonin – This is a hormone that your body produces naturally at night to help you feel tired before falling asleep. The only concern here is that regularly supplementing with Melatonin may cause your body to produce less of it naturally, which probably isn’t a good thing.
The Cellucor P6 PM formula has a few good things in it such as Magnesium and Zinc, but a lot of the best proven ingredients have not made it into the formula.
Here are the main omissions in the Cellucor P6 PM formula:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Vitamin D3
D-Aspartic Acid is the first ingredient you should really look for when picking out a supplement in this category. It’s usually found in solid doses in the top supplements in this category.
Boron is another solid ingredient, while Vitamin D3 can also help to support a number of important bodily processes.
You can check out our updated guide to the leading supplements on the market right now by visiting the link shown below.
Cellucor P6 PM Reviews
We did some digging online to uncover some Cellucor P6 PM reviews. At the time of writing, it had 244 reviews on Amazon and an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
One positive review reported that it was the only supplement that they had ever used and that it worked quite well for them.
One of the negative reviews warned other buyers to save their money, claiming it was a “complete waste of money”.
What About Side Effects?
The Cellucor P6 PM ingredients formula looks like a pretty safe one, so you shouldn’t have to worry too much about suffering from any side-effects.
That being said, it’s not ideal that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients used because of the proprietary blend.
We always also recommend that you take a close look through the ingredients label for yourself before trying any supplement for the first time, and do some of your own research, to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients used in Cellucor P6 PM.
We do also recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not really. The Cellucor P6 PM marketing material promised much, but unfortunately the ingredients formula doesn’t live up to the hype.
It’s a real shame that this supplement uses a proprietary blend to mask the ingredients of the individual doses.
What’s more, there are lots of our favorite ingredients that didn’t make the cut, such as D-Aspartic Acid and Boron.
Remember to check out our updated guide to the leading supplements on the market right now via the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
You should never forget that a supplement like this is only going to do some of the hard work for you.
The first things you should do is make sure that your diet and training regime are on point before considering adding any kind of supplement to your daily regimen.
A good supplement can help to support you on your journey – but only when combined with the right lifestyle choices.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Cellucor P6 PM review.
Overall, we were pretty disappointed by this supplement, mainly because it uses a proprietary blend and is also missing some of the top ingredients out there.
To summarize, there are some far better supplements out there on the market at the moment, that contain better ingredients and don’t use proprietary blends, in our opinion.