When it comes to fitness supplements, Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the industry, so we were immediately keen to find out more about their latest product, P6 Ripped.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest supplements to hit the market, and because of Cellucor’s track record of creating some of the most popular products in this category, we naturally wanted to find out a bit more about P6 Ripped.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss, fat burning or raising testosterone levels.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
Cellucor are one of the most well-known names in the supplements industry in the US, and their products are available both directly from the manufacturer and through other third-party retailers such as GNC.
What makes P6 Ripped different from the usual supplements is that it’s actually a hybrid product – it promises to help with two main objectives.
This is certainly a unique approach and not one we’ve come across too often.
That being said, we generally favor products which have been specifically designed to help with one thing.
That’s because lots of hybrid supplements try to do too much with their formulas and that results in under-dosed ingredients.
Nevertheless, we’re keen to see whether P6 Ripped can live up to the hype or not, so let’s now take a closer look at this supplement from all angles.
Skip To Section
Cellucor P6 Ripped – The Basics
As we’ve already determined, Cellucor P6 Ripped is a hybrid supplement that is designed to support your goals.
This is certainly an interesting approach, and there are only a handful of products that do this.
So, P6 Ripped is marketed as a hybrid supplement.
But let’s not get it twisted.
The P6 range from Cellucor are specifically so-called ‘testosterone booster’ supplements, so it’s safe to assume that this product can be classified more as that than anything else.
So, according to the official marketing material on the GNC website, Cellucor P6 Ripped will work in multiple ways to help support you on your journey.
The official website says that P6 Ripped will help to support your body goals, while also helping you on your journey, so you’ll be looking and feeling at your best while taking this supplement.
The directions say that you should combine this supplement with a healthy nutrition plan and a resistance (weight) training regime.
That’s sensible advice. A supplement is never going to do all of the hard work for you.
So, can P6 Ripped live up to its own hype, or would your money be better spent elsewhere? Let’s now take a close look at the ingredients formula to find out.
Let’s kick off this crucial part by looking at the ingredients formula used by Cellucor P6 Ripped, as per the actual label on the bottle.
Unfortunately, Cellucor have chosen to use a proprietary blend with this product.
Proprietary blends are one of the biggest let-downs in the health and fitness industry, as they allow the manufacturers to get away with not disclosing the exact doses of the ingredients used.
Instead, the individual doses of the ingredients are hidden in a total dose of the overall ‘blend’.
We really think that there is no excuse for a supplement manufacturer not to be completely transparent with their ingredients formulas in this day and age.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the ingredients used in the blends contained in Cellucor P6 Ripped.
• Vitamin D – This is a good ingredient. Known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, our bodies produce Vitamin D when our skin is exposed to direct sunlight. However, many supplements choose to include it. This is actually the only ingredient in P6 Ripped that isn’t part of the proprietary blend, meaning that at least we do know the dose of this one. Unfortunately, it’s a bit on the low side. The main study which showed Vitamin D as being effective used a dose of 3,332IU.
• Ashwagandha – You may well have not heard of this ingredient before, but it’s actually present in quite a lot of health supplements. It’s a root extract that has been used in traditional Indian medicine for years. In terms of its benefits, it’s been shown to help with certain things. However, it’s unlikely to help directly with the primary purpose of this product, and we feel that something more proven could have been used in its place.
• Fenugreek – This another herb that is common in traditional Indian medicine. It’s good to see it used in the testosterone boosting blend in Cellucor P6 Ripped. That being said, it’s a real shame that we don’t know the dose. It’s basically impossible to judge whether the dose is enough to be effective or not.
• Ovine Placenta Powder – We’ve never seen this ingredient used in any supplements before. It’s essentially dried sheep placenta, which sounds pretty disgusting to us. There are some claims online that it is a source of nutrients, but we’re going to steer clear of this one.
• Agaricus Bisporus Fruit Extract – This is an edible mushroom that’s thought to help with certain things. While this isn’t a bad inclusion, we’d have preferred to see Cellucor use a proven natural ingredient in its place, if we’re being totally honest.
• Stinging Nettle Root Extract – This plant extract has been included in Cellucor P6 Ripped to help with certain things. There have been studies which have shown that Stinging Nettle Root could help with a number of things, which is promising. However, those studies focused on doses of 100mg or more, and because the dose in P6 Ripped is hidden in a proprietary blend, it means we don’t know if Cellucor have used enough of it to be effective or not.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – We always like to see Caffeine used (in moderation) in supplements like this. You probably already know all about Caffeine as it’s one of the most popular natural stimulants in the world. It’s good to see that Cellucor have used Anhydrous too, as it’s one of the purest forms of Caffeine. The problem, once again, is that we don’t know the dose used. Too much Caffeine can cause side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes. Too little, and you won’t really get the benefits.
• Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract – This is another herb which has been used in traditional Indian medicine for centuries. It’s actually a fairly common ingredient in some supplements, and it has been linked to some benefits. However, we’d have preferred to see a more proven ingredient used in its place.
• Cayenne Pepper Extract – A great addition to any supplement. Cayenne Pepper is usually added to the top so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements, so it was good to find it in the Cellucor P6 Ripped formula. That said, because it’s in the proprietary blend, we still don’t know if the dose is strong enough to be effective.
P6 Ripped contains a few good ingredients that we like to see in products in this category.
That being said, Cellucor missed out some of the best proven ingredients, such as:
• Green Tea Extract (Popular ingredient)
• D-Aspartic Acid (Common inclusion)
• Glucomannan (A dietary fiber)
• Green Coffee Bean Extract (Used in most products)
• Oyster Extract (Source of Zinc)
You can see our updated guide to the best supplements on sale at the moment by clicking on the link shown below.
And you can also check out our separate list of the top rated other products on the market via this link below.
Cellucor P6 Ripped Reviews
Given that Cellucor are indeed one of the biggest names in the supplements industry, we found plenty of P6 Ripped reviews online.
On the GNC website, it had an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good going.
One person said that they had been taking it for around two weeks and it was making them feel “awesome”.
However, someone else said that they had been using P6 Ripped exactly as described, but it had little to no effect for them.
Cellucor P6 Ripped Side Effects
When it comes to potential P6 Ripped side effects, the main problem is the use of the proprietary blend.
We know that we keep on coming back to it, but unfortunately the fact that we don’t know the doses of most of the ingredients means that we have no idea if this supplement is going to cause side-effects or not.
For example, too much Caffeine can trigger problems such as energy crashes, the jitters and increased anxiety.
It’s precisely for this reason that we recommend only going for supplements which clearly and openly share their ingredients list with their customers.
We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
We’re not really convinced by P6 Ripped at all unfortunately.
Not only does it miss out some key ingredients in both the claimed departments, but it also uses a proprietary blend, making it near impossible to judge effectiveness.
We’d suggest going for top quality separate supplements rather than this one.
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned towards the start of this review, there is no substitute for hard work and dedication.
A good supplement can help you achieve your results, but it’s not going to work on its own.
You’ll have to make sure that you’re both training hard and eating right, before expecting to see any results from Cellucor P6 Ripped.
Cellucor P6 Ripped Review Conclusion
So, that brings us to the end of our P6 Ripped review.
Overall, this hybrid disappointed us, mainly because it uses a proprietary blend and is also missing a number of key ingredients.
Simply put, we think that your money would be better spent elsewhere, especially as this is one of the more expensive supplements in this category.