We’re always looking to find out more about the latest supplements to hit the market, so naturally we wanted to find out more about Cellucor P6 Ultimate.
Cellucor are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness supplements industry, so it’s hard to ignore it when a new product is added to their range.
Before we get going, it’s important to realise that most of the products in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to boost testosterone levels.
They are usually simply food supplements which contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
P6 Ultimate is one of the latest so-called ‘testosterone boosters’ to hit the market, so we wanted to find out a bit more about it as we look to try and see where it stands compared to the leading products on the market right now.
The supplements market has increased greatly in recent years, and there is now more choice than ever when you’re looking for a natural supplement to help raise your game.
It’s great that there is so many choices, but it can also make it difficult to pick out the best products from the ones that are not so good.
In this Cellucor P6 Ultimate review, we’re going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this supplement.
We’re going to take a look at the ingredients, the customer reviews and the doses as we look to try and determine exactly where this product ranks in relation to the leading products on the market right now.
So let’s get cracking and start our Cellucor P6 Ultimate review.
Skip To Section
Cellucor P6 Ultimate – The Basics
As we’ve already deduced, Cellucor P6 Ultimate is a supplement that has been designed to help support you as you look to hit your goals.
Priced at $159.99 per bottle, it’s definitely the most expensive product we’ve come across in this category, so it hopefully will be able to live up to its price tag with a with a quality and effective ingredients formula.
Cellucor say that they’ve formulated P6 Ultimate for “people striving for excellence”.
The difference between P6 Ultimate and other similar products, according to Cellucor, is that they have added a nootropic formula to help support a number of different bodily processes.
The marketing material claims to use the “ultimate profile” of ingredients to help support your goals.
They also claim that it is a “powerhouse of a product” designed to help you to achieve your goals both inside and outside of the gym.
Quite frankly, we’ve heard it all before when it comes to the manufacturer claims about supplements like this one.
The real proof is about whether a product is going to be effective or not can be found in the ingredients formula, the doses and the customer reviews.
So let’s now move on to the next important section of this Cellucor P6 Ultimate review as we take a look at the ingredients formula in detail.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the ingredients formula of Cellucor P6 Ultimate as written on the label of the bottle.
It’s a real shame that Cellucor have chosen to use a proprietary blend with this product.
It means that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients used, meaning that it’s incredibly difficult to judge the effectiveness of the product.
We always advise that you steer clear of supplements that use proprietary blends, as they are one of the biggest gimmicks in the health and fitness industry.
They are simply just a convenient way for supplement manufacturers to get away with not disclosing their full formula to their customers.
• KSM-66 Ashwagandha – This is a solid place to start for this Cellucor P6 Ultimate ingredients formula. This particular version of Ashwagandha has been shown to help with some things in a number of clinical studies. Ashwaghanda is also known for a number of other benefits and is sometimes sold as a standalone supplement.
• LJ100 Long Jack Extract – This is quite a popular ingredient in supplements like this one. Unfortunately though, there’s not much evidence to suggest that it will actually help to do much, so a more effective ingredient could have been used in its place in our opinion.
• AlphaSize A-GPC – This is a nootropic ingredient that is believed to cover a number of benefits. It is claimed that it can help with some specific and impressive-sounding things, so that’s pretty good. However, it’s not going to directly have an effect when it comes to the primary goal of this product.
• Zembrin – This is another nootropic ingredient. Cellucor claim that it is an “amazing” enhancer and nootropic that will help you in multiple ways, both inside and outside of the gym. Again though, it’s probably not going to help with the main purpose of this product though.
• Ovine Placenta Powder – You can probably guess where this ingredient comes from. It’s a pretty disgusting thought and we can’t really understand why Cellucor have chosen to include it in this product.
• Stinging Nettle Root Extract – This is actually a pretty good inclusion for a supplement in this category. Nettle Extract is believed to work and is commonly found in a lot of the top supplements in this category. This is good news, it’s just a shame that we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend, so it’s hard to tell if it will be effective or not.
• DIM – This is a nutrient found in green leafy vegetables and which is also known as Dimethylethanolamine. There have been studies which have shown that it can have some positive effects, which is good news when it comes to this supplement.
• Arginine Nitrate – This is an ingredient which has been included in P6 Ultimate because of its ability to help with some exercise-related benefits. It’s actually way more common as being used in pre workout supplements than anything else, but it’s not a terrible inclusion really.
Although Cellucor P6 Ultimate does contain some good ingredients, it’s also missing some key ingredients which stop it from being one of the very best supplements out there in our opinion.
Here are the main ingredients that were missing from Cellucor P6 Ultimate in our opinion:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Magnesium and Zinc
• Black Pepper Extract
D-Aspartic Acid is really the first ingredient we look for when choosing a supplement like this one.
That’s because it’s been shown in multiple studies to have some significant and beneficial effects.
Magnesium and Zinc are two ingredients that are crucial to helping to support a range of things and so it was frustrating that they weren’t included in this supplement.
Check out our guide to the best supplements on the market at the moment via the link shown below.
Cellucor P6 Ultimate Reviews
We did a little bit of digging online to find some Cellucor P6 Ultimate reviews.
At the time of writing, there were 13 reviews on the official GNC website, and this product had an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
It’s a little bit surprising that there aren’t that many other Cellucor P6 reviews online, given that this is supposedly one of the more popular supplements out there.
One person said that it gave them a big boost in libido, energy and strength, which sounds pretty good to us.
However, there were also some negative reviews, with one person saying that they got far better results from Cellucor P6 Extreme.
Cellucor P6 Ultimate Side Effects
The Cellucor P6 Ultimate is a pretty safe formula, so you shouldn’t have to worry too much about side effects.
That being said, the fact that this product uses a proprietary blend is less than ideal, because it means that we don’t know the doses of the individual ingredients used.
We do also recommend doing some of your own research into the individual ingredients before trying any new supplement for the first time.
We also recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not really. The P6 Ultimate formula is not really that impressive, especially when you consider the price tag of this product.
It’s missing some key ingredients such as D-Aspartic Acid, and the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of the substances used only makes matters worse.
Remember to check out our guide to the leading supplements on the market right now via our dedicated guide linked to below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just don’t forget that a supplement is not going to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that you’re training hard and eating right before considering adding any kind of supplement to your daily routing.
That being said, if you can combine a top quality supplement with a solid diet and workout routine, then you can expect to see some pretty impressive results.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Cellucor P6 Ultimate review.
Overall, this product did not live up to the marketing hype or huge price tag in our eyes.
It uses a proprietary blend and is missing some key ingredients.
In summary, we think that there are some other far better supplements on the market in this category right now.