Cutting Edge is a supplement made by the UK-based manufacturer Bulk Powders.
Product website: www.bulkpowders.com
We’re always looking to hear about the latest supplements to hit the market. There are so many products on sale these days though, and that can sometimes make it difficult to pick the best supplements.
Cutting Edge is marketed as a top of the range supplement that’s been specifically formulated to help you on your fitness journey.
Bulk Powders have a strong reputation for producing good quality supplements for affordable prices, so we’re hoping that Cutting Edge lives up to the billing.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements have not been proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
Instead, they can provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may (or may not) bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
The purpose of this Cutting Edge review is to take a close look at this supplement to see whether it lives up to the hype or not.
We’re going to take a close look at all of the important points to see where this product stands when it comes to the best ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now.
So, let’s kick things off by taking a close look at the basic information behind this product as we delve into the Cutting Edge formula to see what it’s really made of.
Jump To Section
Cutting Edge by Bulk Powders – The Basics
We’ve already established that Cutting Edge fits into the broader range of supplements known as so-called ‘fat burners’. These are products which usually contain a selection of ingredients ranging from some essential minerals to plant extracts.
Bulk Powders describe Cutting Edge as their ‘premium’ product, and they also say that it’s their most effective supplement for helping you to hit your goals.
The manufacturer also say that they offer a full money-back guarantee, which is of course always a good sign.
Bulk Powders describe it as one of the UK’s best supplements, and boast that it uses 10 perfectly-dosed ingredients to achieve the effects.
It seems that Bulk Powders have attempted to create a pretty premium product here. So now let’s drill down into the ingredients list to see if it lives up to the hype or not.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the full ingredients label of Bulk Powders Cutting Edge.
As you can see for yourself, Cutting Edge uses 10 different ingredients in its formula.
The good thing that we noticed right away is that Bulk Powders have not chosen to use a proprietary blend. This is great news, and means that we know the full doses of the ingredients used.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
Let’s now take a look through the main ingredients in this supplement to see how effective they are.
• Glucomannan – This is a good place to start for any supplement in this category. Glucomannan is a natural dietary fiber extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. At the dose it is found in Cutting Edge (three separate 1g servings per day), it will help with weight loss in the context of an energy restricted diet.
• Green Coffee Extract – Another solid ingredient. Green (basically unroasted) coffee beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. It’s one of the most common ingredients for a supplement like this and it has some promising research behind it.
• L-Phenylalanine – This is an essential amino acid that you must get from your diet, because your body doesn’t produce it naturally. Each serving of Cutting Edge contains 400mg.
• Caffeine – A common ingredient for any supplement in this category. Caffeine is a popular stimulant that really needs no introduction – you probably already know all about it. Cutting Edge contains 300mg of Caffeine per daily serving (50mg per capsule). To put this amount into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• Cinnamon Extract – This is a popular spice that you’ll often find in the kitchen. We’ve not come across it in many of the similar supplements we’ve reviewed recently.
• Peppermint Leaf Powder – Another ingredient we’ve not come across too much in our supplement ingredient research. Still, Peppermint one of the most popular herbs around.
• Choline – This is an important nutrient found foods such as egg yolks and spinach. Choline is a precursor of phospholipids that contributes to normal fat (lipid) metabolism, which is why Bulk Powders have added it to their list.
• BioPerine – This is basically a form of branded Black Pepper Extract. It’s a great ingredient for any supplement and most of the top products like this contain at least some Black Pepper Extract.
• Chromium Picolinate – Chromium is always a good ingredient for a supplement like this, so we were happy to find it in the Cutting Edge formula. In case you didn’t know, it contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose (blood sugar) levels.
• Selenium – Selenium helps with things such as the protection of cells from oxidative stress and normal thyroid function. Each daily serving contains 55mcg.
Although Bulk Powders certainly does tick some boxes when it comes to using some great ingredients, there are also some important things missing in our opinion.
It was a shame not to find the following ingredients in this supplement:
• Green Tea Extract
• Cayenne Pepper
Along with Caffeine and Glucomannan, these are two of the most commonly used ingredients for supplements in this category, so it was a bit disappointing not to find either of them in Cutting Edge.
Green Tea Extract is a potent ingredient with some promising research behind it. Meanwhile, most supplements in this category also include Cayenne Pepper or some other form of Chilli Extract in their formulas.
We also thought that it was a bit of a shame that Cutting Edge doesn’t contain any vitamins at all.
Yes, you should be able to get all the vitamins you need from a varied diet and healthy lifestyle, but including them in a supplement can help to protect against potential shortfalls in certain important nutrients.
You can check out our updated guide to the best supplements on the market right now via the link below.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Cutting Edge by Bulk Powders Reviews
At the time of writing, Cutting Edge had an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 244 reviews on the official Bulk Powders website.
We also took a look at the Cutting Edge listing on Amazon in the UK, where this product is also for sale. At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from 21 ratings, so it seems to be pretty well-received by customers.
What About Side Effects?
One of the main things to be careful of when it comes to similar supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Each daily serving of Cutting Edge contains 300mg of Caffeine (which works out at 50mg per capsule). Be sure to monitor your Caffeine intake from other sources.
We also recommend that you do your own research into the ingredients.
We do recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplements for the first time or making any major lifestyle changes.
There is a warning on the box saying that this supplement is not suitable for people aged under 16, and it also says not to exceed the recommended usage.
The box also says that food supplements like this one are not intended to replace a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Anything Else To Consider?
Remember that you should always train hard and eat right before considering taking any type of supplement.
There’s no such thing as a magic product to help you ‘burn fat’. You must combine any supplement that you do take with regular exercise and sensible lifestyle choices.
Supplements such as Cutting Edge can help to supply some important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, which can help to make up for potential shortfalls from your nutrition.
But supplements are not intended to replace a healthy diet and lifestyle.
We also strongly advise that you speak to your doctor before taking a new supplement, so you can discuss its ingredients and potential benefits together.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That wraps up our Cutting Edge by Bulk Powders review.
Overall, this is certainly a decent product that contains a lot of good ingredients and seems to have positive feedback from customers.
It contains a range of solid inclusions such as Glucomannan and Chromium, but skips other common ingredients such as Green Tea, Cayenne Pepper and some essential vitamins.