Welcome to our review of the new Eve Premium Hybrid Mattress. We’re going to see where it stands and whether it delivers a restful night’s sleep or not.
The Eve Premium is the latest addition to the mattress range offered by Eve and it combines memory foam and springs to offer a high-quality ‘premium’ option.
Product website: www.evesleep.co.uk
The Eve brand has been around for some time now and they are one of the leading names when it comes to memory foam mattresses, but where does the Eve Premium Hybrid stand?
The purpose of this review is for us to take a detailed look at this particular mattress from all angles to see whether it deserves a place on our list of the best memory foam mattresses on sale right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to what the mattress is made of, what it feels like to sleep on, and what real customers are saying about it after having used it for some time.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s now start taking a closer look at the Eve Premium Hybrid Mattress in more detail.
Skip To Section
Eve Premium Hybrid – The Basics
As we’ve already mentioned, the Eve Premium Hybrid is the latest addition to the brands range of mattresses, which now also included the Eve Light.
It’s marketed as a ‘medium-firm’ mattress, as most of the other similar products in this category. It stands at 28cm / 11 inches thick, which sets it apart from most of the other similar mattresses out there that are usually around 9-10 inches thick.
The Eve Premium Hybrid combines memory foam with more than 1,000 springs to offer a restful night’s sleep and plenty of support throughout the night.
As you can probably guess by the name, the Eve Premium Hybrid is one of the more expensive mattresses out there in this category, coming in at £849 for a UK double and £1149 for a UK Super King, if you’re shopping on the official website.
The marketing material on the official website says that the Eve Premium Hybrid “has it all”, including 1500 springs and thick memory foam, along with the latest technology to keep you at a comfortable temperature.
The product description says that the Eve Premium Hybrid offers “instant pressure relief” with a type of foam that’s never been used before in the UK.
It also claims that the large number of springs in the mattress gives your body optimal support exactly where it’s needed most.
Importantly, the marketing material on the official Eve website says that the Premium Hybrid has been designed to work no matter whether you sleep on your side, stomach or back.
The Eve Premium Hybrid has also been specifically designed with foams that can actively cool you down. This is great to hear, as memory foam mattresses have a bit of a reputation for getting too hot at times, especially in the summer.
The marketing material also says that the Eve Premium Hybrid offers little to no motion transfer, which means that you shouldn’t be disturbed if your partner moves around during the night.
The mattress comes with a top cover that’s been knitted with silver because it’s antibacterial and antimicrobial, which is pretty cool.
Let’s now take a look under the covers and see what the Eve Premium Mattress is actually made of:
1) Floatfoam layer with active cooling – For instant pressure relief with cooling.
2) Memory foam layer with active cooling – Soft feel for light pressure relief. Infused with graphite to help remove excess heat.
3) Foam support layer – A firmer layer of foam to transition to the spring base.
4) Pocket Springs – Around 1500 springs with a layer of protective foam either side.
The marketing material makes a point about the manufacturer having used graphite to infuse into both of the top two layers of foam. This has been done to provide extra cooling, which is great to see.
It’s also worth noting that although memory foam does have a bit of a reputation for getting too hot throughout the night, springs are generally cooler, as they allow for more airflow.
So, the thing to realise is that the Eve Premium Hybrid is likely to feel a lot cooler than its memory-foam only competitors.
It all sounds pretty good so far, doesn’t it? However, we prefer not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to concentrate on the important things, such as what the mattress actually feels like and what real customers who have bought it are saying about it.
So with that in mind, let’s move on to the next key section of our Eve Premium Hybrid review.
What Does The Eve Premium Hybrid Mattress Feel Like?
As mentioned above, the Eve Premium Hybrid is rated as a ‘medium-firm’ mattress.
It is 11 inches thick, which immediately gives it a more luxurious feel, and it’s noticeably heavier than most other mattresses in this category.
We actually expected the Eve Premium Hybrid to have a softer feel, but it comes in at actually feeling pretty firm, no matter what type of base you use.
The top two layers offer some instant pressure relief, but there is certainly a sturdy feel beyond that thanks to the springs.
As it’s on the firmer side, this mattress may be better suited to back and stomach sleepers. That being said, side sleepers should be fine as long as they pick out the right pillow.
• High Quality – There’s no getting away from the fact that the Eve Premium Hybrid feels like a high quality product. It’s weight and thickness immediately give off a classy impression.
• Strong Support – The base layer of pocket springs offers some really great support and they’ll ensure that this mattress does not sag over time. The firmer feel also makes it perfectly suited if you’re a stomach or back sleeper.
• Little to no Smell – The Eve Premium Hybrid gives off far less of a smell upon first opening than many other memory foam mattresses. Many people complain about the ‘chemical’ smell which can persist for a few days when starting out with a new product.
• Expensive – There’s no getting away from the price-tag. This is an expensive product, and the question is whether it’s really worth paying more than the Eve Original or standard Eve Hybrid. That said, it’s worth keeping a close eye on the official website, as they do offer some pretty good discounts from time to time.
• May be too soft for Side Sleepers – The firmer feel of the Eve Premium Hybrid may mean that it’s not best suited to side sleepers, who generally will require a softer mattress to allow for sinkage in the hip area.
RELATED: The Five Best Memory Foam Mattresses
Eve Premium Hybrid Reviews
We took a look online to see what customers were saying about the Eve Premium Hybrid. The Eve Premium Hybrid is a pretty new product and that means it’s not available on Amazon.co.uk right now.
The only reviews we found of it were on specialist review websites, but the ratings it has are pretty positive, and they averaged about 4 out of 5 stars.
Anything Else To Consider?
The only way to be sure whether a mattress is right for you or not is to try it out yourself for a few nights.
For this reason, it’s great that all Eve mattresses come with a 100 night home trial. This means that you can test it out after purchase and if you’re not happy with it, you can return it for a refund.
The Eve Premium Hybrid also comes with a 10-year warranty, which is good to see.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Eve Premium Hybrid review.
Overall, we think this a great option if you’re a stomach or back sleeper, and especially if you get hot during the night.
The slight downsides with this product are the fact that it carries a premium price tag, and may be a tad too firm for side sleepers.
The real question is whether you feel comfortably shelling out considerably more on this mattress, when the Eve Original and Eve Hybrid are both good and more affordable options.