Genesis Pre Workout powder is a supplement made by The Protein Works which claims to help support your fitness goals.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular supplement, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This Genesis Pre Workout review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement so you can decide whether it’s the right one for you or not.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula and the customer reviews as we look to see where this supplement stands in comparison to our pick of the best pre workouts on the market at the moment.
There are so many different pre workout supplements on the market right now that it can be difficult to pick out the best ones.
Hopefully, this review will help you to decide whether Genesis Pre Workout is the right product to help support you as you bid to hit your health and fitness goals this.
So, let’s get cracking and start taking a closer look at Genesis Pre Workout in a bit more detail.
Skip To Section
Genesis Pre Workout – The Basics
We’ve already introduced Genesis Pre Workout as a supplement made by The Protein Works that has been designed to help you smash your health and fitness goals.
In case you didn’t already know, The Protein Works is a UK-based supplements company that is well-known for creating quality products at affordable prices.
First things first, the Genesis Pre Workout is available in the following three flavors:
• Orange Burst
• Raspberry Lemonade
• Tropical Punch
The Genesis Pre Workout costs around £32 British pounds for a 500g bag. A 500g bag is around 52 servings, so it should last you more than a month if you use it once a day.
In case you didn’t know, pre workouts are supplements that are designed to be taken before periods of exercise to help support your training goals.
The marketing material about Genesis on the official The Protein Works website says that this supplement has been formulated with a “high potency” formula to help support your goals.
We’ve all had those days where we find it difficult to achieve feel at our best in the gym. Supplements like Genesis are designed to make those kinds of lethargic days a rarer occurrence.
The promotional material goes on to say that this supplement uses “cutting edge” ingredients and the latest manufacturing techniques.
We prefer not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products, and instead turn to the ingredients formula and customer reviews for real feedback.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important section in our Genesis Pre Workout review.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of Genesis Pre Workout as shown on the bag.
Firstly, we should say that it’s great news that this supplement does not use a proprietary blend. This means that we are transparently and clearly shown the doses of all of the ingredients on the label, which is the way it should be.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Genesis Pre Workout formula.
• Beta-Alanine – This is a ‘classic’ pre workout ingredient and we were pleased to find it in the formula here. Beta Alanine is believed to have a number of benefits when it comes to pre workouts, so it’s a good start for the Genesis Pre Workout.
• Citrulline Malate – Another commonly used pre workout ingredient. Citrulline Malate is an amino acid found primarily in watermelons. It’s believed to have a number of positive effects and is one of the main ingredients in lots of the leading pre workout supplements on the market these days.
• Taurine – This is an ingredient found in many commercially available energy drinks, so you can probably guess why it makes it into this pre workout formula. It’s another good inclusion.
• Guarana – Guarana is a stimulatory ingredient which is believed to have effects similar to Caffeine. Each serving of Genesis Pre Workout contains 500mg of Guarana. This is quite a lot, and something to be wary of.
• Tyrosine – This is one of the 20 amino acids that is used by the body to synthesise proteins. It’s not the most common inclusion in pre workouts, but it’s not the worst one either.
• Caffeine – You probably already know all about Caffeine and it’s benefits, and it’s likely to be no surprise to see it in this formula. Each serving of Genesis Pre Workout contains 135mg of Caffeine, which is a fairly sensible dose.
• Yerba Mate – This is a plant extract which is used to make a drink commonly known as Mate. It’s a commonly consumed drink in Argentina and is supposed to have stimulatory effects.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – Genesis Pre Workout contains both Vitamin B6 and B12. These are two important B Vitamins that contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. The downside here is that they are part of a blend, and so we don’t know the doses used.
• Beetroot Extract – This is another of our favorite pre workout ingredients and so it was good to find it in the Genesis Pre Workout formula.
The Genesis Pre Workout formula has most of the bases covered when it comes to the ingredients that we like to see in this category.
The downside is that it uses a blend to conceal the doses of the individual vitamins and minerals in this supplement. This is not ideal – we prefer it when manufacturers are totally transparent about their ingredients.
We also feel that this pre workout overdose it on the stimulants. 500mg of Guarana and 135mg of Caffeine, as well as 200mg of Yerba Mate is a bit too much for our liking.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Genesis Pre Workout Reviews
We did some digging online to see what real customers were saying about Genesis Pre Workout.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average of 92% positive reviews on the official The Protein Works website.
The one thing to bear in mind is that it’s not clear whether these reviews are moderated at all.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that this supplement “really works” to help support amazing workouts in the gym.
Someone else left a four-star review and said that although it’s not the strongest formula around, it’s still pretty good.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to bear in mind when it comes to pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
This is a bit of a concern in Genesis Pre Workout. It uses Caffeine, Guarana and Yerba Mate as separate ingredients. This is quite a lot of stimulants and is worth bearing in mind, especially if you’re sensitive to things like Caffeine.
It’s also probably not a good idea to take this supplement in the evening, as it could affect your sleep.
Generally speaking, you should always speak to a certified medical professional before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
Genesis Pre Workout has some good things going for it, but we don’t quite rate it as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It has some great ingredients, but we also feel that it overdoes it on the stimulants, which is not ideal.
It also doesn’t reveal the doses of the specific Vitamins and Minerals, which is a shame.
Remember that you can check out our updated guide to the top pre workouts on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
As always, you should check the label carefully before taking any new supplement for the first time, to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
You should also speak to a certified medical professional before taking any new supplement.
As we mentioned above, the high stimulant content in this supplement means that we don’t recommend taking it in the late afternoon or evening – as it could affect your sleep.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our review of Genesis Pre Workout by The Protein Works.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good supplement that does tick a lot of the boxes of what we like to see in pre workouts.
However, we don’t quite rate it as one of the very best ones on the market right now, because it is a bit too stimulant-heavy for our liking, and it also doesn’t disclose the doses of the Vitamins and Minerals in the formula.