Hourglass Fit is a vegan-friendly, female-focused so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that contains ingredients including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts.
Product website: www.hourglassfit.com
Most of the so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now are either marketed directly at men, or are targeted at both genders.
Products in this category that are specifically targeted at women are few and far between.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have generally not been proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
They are usually simply food supplements which contain a number of plant extracts or other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals, each of which can bring a potential benefit to the table or make up for potential shortfalls in certain nutrients when it comes to your diet.
You probably already know this, but it’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
The purpose of this Hourglass Fit review is for us to take a close look at this female-orientated supplement to see where it stands in terms of the ingredients it uses and if it lives up to the hype or not.
So, with all of that in mind, let’s now get down to business and start taking a look at whether this supplement for women can compete with the leading products on the market right now.
Jump To Section
Hourglass Fit – The Basics
We’ve already introduced Hourglass Fit as a supplement that’s targeted specifically at women, but what about the company behind it?
Hourglass Fit is made by the UK-based supplements company Roar Ambition. Their supplements are made in the UK and the USA and are shipped worldwide to most countries.
Taking a look at the official website, Hourglass Fit is certainly marketed as one of the more premium supplements we’ve come across.
Indeed, the marketing material on the official website describes it as being designed specifically for “real women”, and that it uses “fantastic nutrients” and a “high quality” formula.
So many of the products we’ve reviewed recently shout so loud about their products being the best, only for us to find ourselves completely let down by the ingredients formula.
Hourglass Fit promises to offer a solution which delivers on its claims. Simply put, this product is claimed to use only sensible ingredients at the right doses.
The product contains nine different ingredients, which Roar Ambition say that they’ve chosen specifically because they work in slightly different ways.
So, now we’ve got some background on this female-targeted supplement, it’s time to take a close look at the actual ingredients formula to see whether Hourglass Fit can live up to the hype or not.
Let’s kick off this all-important section by taking a look at the full ingredients list of Hourglass.
Note that the formula shown below was displayed on the official Hourglass Fit website at the time of writing, but you should always carefully check the label of any supplement you’re thinking of taking, as the ingredients and formulas may chance from time to time.
The Hourglass Fit formula underwent a makeover in the summer of 2020, with some changes to the ingredients and their doses. The new version of Hourglass Fit is now also Vegan friendly.
As you can see for yourself, Hourglass Fit uses nine different active ingredients in its formula, which makes something of a refreshing change from some of the supplements which pack in lots of substances at lower doses.
It’s also good that we know the exact doses of every ingredient, so you’ll know exactly what is in each capsule.
Editor's note: The health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing.
Let’s now take a look at the Hourglass Fit ingredients in a bit more detail.
• Vitamin B6 – B Vitamins are always a good inclusion in your diet. In case you didn’t know, B6 is an essential vitamin which can help with the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release, amongst other things.
• Vitamin B12 – B12 is another one of those vitamins that you need to get from food. In case you didn’t know, it contributes to a normal energy-yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Vitamin B2 – Also known as Riboflavin, this is another important nutrient that we need to get from our diet. Riboflavin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release, amongst other things. Each serving of Hourglass Fit contains 1.1mg of Riboflavin.
• Chromium – This is a trace element found in foods such as leafy green vegetables. Among other things, Chromium can contribute to normal macronutrient metabolism and the normal maintenance of blood glucose (blood sugar) levels.
• Zinc – Zinc is another important essential mineral that plays a number of important roles in the body. In case you didn’t know, Zinc contributes to the normal metabolism of fatty acids, as well as normal protein synthesis and the normal function of the immune system. Each four-capsule serving of Hourglass Fit contains 8mg of Zinc Citrate.
• Glucomannan – Glucomannan is a dietary fiber extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It’s commonly used in supplements of this type. Each four-capsule serving of Hourglass Fit contains 3000mg of Konjac Root Extract.
• Capsimax (Cayenne Pepper) – It’s very common to find Cayenne Pepper or some sort of Chilli Extract in supplements in this category, so it was no surprise to see it included in the Hourglass Fit formula. Each daily dose of Hourglass Fit contains 100mg.
• 5-HTP – 5-HTP stands for 5-Hydroxytryptophan, which is known to be an immediate precursor of Serotonin. Each four-capsule serving of Hourglass Fit contains a 150mg dose of 5-HTP.
• Black Pepper Extract – Black Pepper Extract is commonly added to some of the leading supplements in this category as it is claimed to help improve with the absorption of the ingredients.
Hourglass ticks most of the boxes that we we want to see in terms of ingredients commonly found in this kind of supplement.
However, there are a few things we would change. For example, we would look to alter the dose of Glucomannan. Although Hourglass Fit does use an impressive 3g dose of Konjac Root Extract per daily serving, it’s generally accepted to be most effective when taken in three separate 1g doses per day, which is not the case with Hourglass Fit.
It would also be good to see Hourglass Fit use the essential nutrient Choline, which is a nutrient often found in lots of the top supplements in this category.
Hourglass Fit does not use Caffeine or any other stimulants as main ingredients in its formula, and this may suit you if you’re looking for a low or non-stimulant supplement.
Hourglass Fit Reviews
As Hourglass is pretty new product and there are not much in the way of testimonials or customer reviews available online (other than on the official site) at the time of writing.
It’s normal for it to take some time for the customer feedback to filter in when a supplement hits the market for the first time.
One downside about Hourglass Fit not being available to buy on other sites such as Amazon is that it means that we’re not able to check the customer reviews on there for some well-rounded feedback.
That being said, we were contacted directly by one person via email who felt that the product did not work for her as advertised.
Hourglass Fit Side Effects
Many supplements of this type are packed full of Caffeine, and that can bring on unwanted side-effects, as you probably already know.
Hourglass Fit does not use Caffeine as one of its main ingredients, and this may suit some people.
As we always say, we do recommend that you do your own research into the ingredients of your chosen supplement before taking it for the first time.
We also strongly recommend that you speak to your doctor or a certified medical professional before taking a new supplement for the first time or making any major lifestyle changes.
You should also carefully read the entire label and check the directions of any product you purchase, and make sure not to exceed the recommended dose.
There is a warning on the label saying not to take this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or under the age of 18.
The label also says that you should speak to your doctor before taking this supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition, or if you’re taking any medication.
There are also directions saying that you should immediately discontinue this product and seek medical advice if you suffer any “adverse reactions” from taking it.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
If you’re a woman and are looking for a supplement to help you achieve your goals, then Hourglass Fit is probably a decent option.
It doesn’t use any Caffeine as a pure ingredient, and it combines a range of important Vitamins with some plant extracts.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Anything Else To Consider?
As we always say when discussing any kind of supplement, it’s important not to lose sight of the basics.
Getting into shape is a difficult task, and as tempting as it may be to look for a ‘miracle’ supplement, you should always stick to the basics first.
That means making sure that your diet is on point and you’re exercising regularly.
If you’re already doing both of these things, then adding a quality supplement such as Hourglass Fit to your regime can help to support your goals – but only when used correctly.
In other words, food supplements are not intended to replace a varied diet and healthy overall lifestyle.
Supplements in this category are not going to work miracles without any effort on your part. They generally are designed to be taken alongside a diet and exercise regime in which you are already in a slight calorie deficit.
Hourglass Fit Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Hourglass Fit review. Overall, we were pretty impressed by this new female-focused supplement.
• Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
• Uses Glucomannan
• No Caffeine
• Glucomannan dose should be split up to 1g per serving
• You can only buy Hourglass Fit on the official website
We think that Hourglass Fit is a decent female-focused supplement. It contains an interesting blend of commonly-used ingredients and not much else.
The only negatives are the fact that you can only buy it on the official website right now, meaning you’re not going to find Hourglass Fit on Amazon, eBay or GNC.
With all of the above in mind, Hourglass Fit is a decent choice if you’re looking for a quality supplement to help support you on your journey, and used alongside a healthy diet and sensible workout program.