We came across Hydroxycut LeanX while checking out the top rated supplements on bodybuilding.com, so we naturally wanted to find out more about it.
We’ve made it our mission to examine all of the leading so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now to separate the good from the not-so-good.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
The Hydroxycut range is one of the most popular product lines in this supplement category around, and LeanX Next Gen is the latest supplement to be added to the collection.
It’s a non stimulant supplement that has been specifically formulated to help support you as you look to get into great shape.
Hydroxycut LeanX says that it uses “scientifically studied” ingredients to help you on your journey, without any of the side effects which can be caused by stimulants.
The purpose of this Hydroxycut LeanX review is for us to take a close look at this particular supplement from all angles to determine whether it’s a product worth trying, or if your money would simply better spent elsewhere.
We’re going to take a close look at the ingredients formula, the customer feedback and the potential side effects of Hydroxycut LeanX as we look to determine where this product stands in relation to the competition.
So, let’s now get down to business and start taking a close look at Hydroxycut LeanX to see whether it can live up to the hype or not.
Skip To Section
Hydroxycut LeanX – The Basics
As we’ve already discovered, Hydroxycut LeanX is a non-stimulant supplement that’s been designed to help support your goals without any Caffeine.
It’s made by MuscleTech, who are one of the biggest names in the supplement industry, and their Hydroxycut range is one of the most popular ones around.
This supplement promises to have harnessed 20 years’ worth of experience in the health and fitness industry to deliver a product which can help to speed up your results thanks to its superior ingredients stack.
According to the marketing material on the official website, Hydroxycut LeanX stacks “seamlessly” with other supplements and it’s also suitable for all levels of fitness.
So, according to the official marketing material, Hydroxycut LeanX will work in multiple ways to help support your goals.
We’re now going to focus on the all important ingredients section to determine whether this is a product worth trying or not, or if there are better supplements available to you right now.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients formula of Hydroxycut LeanX, as per the label on the bottle.
It’s great to see that MuscleTech have not used a proprietary blend with this supplement, meaning that we are told the actual doses of the separate ingredients.
It’s always our recommendation to steer clear of any supplements that use proprietary blends, because it means that you literally do not know the individual doses of the separate ingredients used, making it basically impossible to judge whether a supplement is going to be effective or not.
Let’s now focus on the ingredients that Hydroxycut LeanX does indeed contain.
• N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI – This is a good ingredient, but actually one we’re more used to seeing in pre workout supplements than anything else. L-Carnitine is an amino acid that’s found in a variety of different foods such as avocados. It’s a good ingredient for a pre workout but we’re not really convinced about its inclusion in this particular supplement.
• Choline Bitartrate – Again, this isn’t really an ingredient that will help directly with much. It could help with certain things but we are not totally convinced. MuscleTech themselves are pretty vague as to why they’ve included this ingredient in Hydroxycut LeanX, simply saying that it is a “precursor required to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine”.
• Dill Extract – This is a somewhat unique ingredient that we haven’t seen used in a supplement before. The Hydroxycut marketing material says that it’s simply been included because it is “the seed of Anethum graveolens, which have been used traditionally for a long time”. That doesn’t really give much away. There have been some suggestions that Dill Extract could help with certain things, but there’s not really much evidence to support this.
• Lion’s Mane – We know what you’re thinking. But no, this ingredient has nothing to do with lions or their manes. It’s an edible and medicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group, and it’s used in some nootropic supplements. However, there’s not much evidence linking it with much unfortunately.
• Black Pepper Extract – This is a solid ingredient for any supplement in this category – or supplement of any kind for that matter. That’s because Black Pepper Extract can help to make for a more effective product overall.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – C.canephora robusta extract is essentially a fancy name for green or unroasted coffee bean extract. This is a great supplement ingredient because green coffee beans are rich in a bioactive compound called Chlorogenic Acid. This is the ‘flagship’ ingredient in Hydroxycut LeanX, and it’s a pretty good one.
• Rhodiola Extract – Again, this is another ingredient which we’re more used to seeing in the best pre workout supplements rather than anything else. According to the marketing material, this ingredient will supply rosavins and salidrosides. The reason why it’s commonly used in pre workout supplements is because it can help you feeling on point during your workouts. Again, it’s not a bad ingredient, but it probably won’t help directly with the main purpose of this product.
• Ophiopogon Extract – We’ve never come across this ingredient in a supplement like this before, and quite frankly, we had a very hard time pronouncing it in the first place. MuscleTech say that it is a herb with “long-standing traditional use”, which is pretty much as vague as it comes. It’s sometimes used as a treatment for certain things, but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence linking it to much.
• Cayenne Pepper – A very good ingredient. Cayenne Pepper is a great ingredient and is usually included in the very best supplements in this category. The problem here is the dose – each two capsule serving of Hydroxycut LeanX only contains 5mg, which is frankly far too little to have an effect.
Hydroxycut LeanX Next Gen uses some pretty good ingredients, but there were also some key ones missing, Caffeine aside.
Here are the main ones missing:
• Green Tea Extract
Green Tea Extract is another brilliant ingredient that you’ll usually find in the very best supplements in this category.
Glucomannan, meanwhile, is a potent dietary fiber from the root of the Konjac plant which is usually used in the best products in this category.
And Chromium is a mineral which your body needs in trace amounts and helps to support normal macronutrient metabolism.
Check out our updated guide to the leading five supplements by clicking on the related link shown below.
Hydroxycut LeanX Reviews
Hydroxycut LeanX is quite a new product, so that means that there aren’t that many reviews of it around right now.
That being said, there were already more than 100 Hydroxycut LeanX Reviews on bodybuilding.com, and at the time of writing, it had an average rating of 9.1 out of 10, which is pretty good going for such a new product.
One person said that they were delighted by the way Hydroxycut LeanX helped them to shed some pounds.
Someone else reported equally positive effects, although there were of course some negative reviews as well, especially from people who claimed that the product simply didn’t work for them.
Hydroxycut LeanX Side Effects
Hydroxycut LeanX doesn’t contain any Caffeine at all, which rules out the possibility of you suffering from any of the side-effects of too much of this stimulant.
That’s good, because we all know that too much Caffeine can cause some nasty side-effects, such as the jitters or energy crashes later in the day.
The Hydroxycut LeanX formula is pretty safe really, but we do recommend that you do some of your own research into the individual ingredients to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
We also strongly recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking of taking this supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
It’s a decent option, but not the best. Hydroxycut LeanX does contain some pretty good ingredients, but the fact that it’s missing some key ones and Cayenne Pepper is horribly under-dosed, means that we don’t rate it as one of the very best products on the market right now.
You can see our guide to the leading five supplements on the market right now by visiting the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a magic pill to help you to lose weight. You’ll need to make sure that you’re eating right and training hard before expecting to see noticeable results.
Many people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to supplements like this.
You should always make sure that you’ve got the basics on point first.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That wraps up our Hydroxycut LeanX review. Overall, we think that this is a pretty good non-stimulant supplement, but it’s not going to win any awards.
Our main gripe is the fact that Cayenne Pepper (one of the best ingredients), is severely under-dosed.
Simply put, we think that there are some much better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a good supplement.