We were keen to find out about Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max as it’s the latest addition to one of the most popular supplement ranges on sale right now.
Hydroxycut SX-7 is MuscleTech’s main supplement range and Black Onyx Max is one of the newer products to be put into this line.
We’ve made it our mission to review all of the leading so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now to unearth the best products around and dismiss those that don’t live up to the hype.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
According to the official marketing material from MuscleTech, Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max promises scientifically-backed benefits thanks to its superior ingredients formula.
We’ve seen it all when it comes to bold claims from supplement manufacturers, and so the best way to determine whether a product can live up to the hype or not is to look at the ingredients formula, servings and customer reviews.
The purpose of this Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max review is for us to take a close look at this product from all angles so that we can determine whether it’s one of the top supplements on sale right now of if you’d be better off choosing a different one.
Skip To Section
Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max – The Basics
MuscleTech are clearly big believers in their product.
According to the marketing material, Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max uses ingredients which promote “scientifically studied” benefits.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max is claimed to promote a number of different things in helping to support your goals.
Interestingly, this supplement has been specifically formulated for women. Indeed, the marketing material says that it’s been designed for women, by women.
It’s always good to come across a supplement that has been specifically designed for a certain gender. It reminds us of the female focused supplement Leanbean, which we recently reviewed.
Let’s now take a look at the Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max ingredients formula in full by examining the label.
Let’s now take a look at each one of the main ingredients to see if this formula is any good or not.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – This is a good ingredient because it’s rich in a substance known as Chlorogenic Acid. It’s one of the main ingredients on our list of the top 10 fat burning ingredients. We are always pleased to find it in the top products.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Another solid inclusion for any supplement in this category. Caffeine is a popular stimulant which really needs no introduction. You probably already know all about its benefits and it’s a good addition to the Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max formula.
• Choline Bitartrate – This is one of those ingredients which is found in some supplements, but not that many. Choline is part of the B-Complex vitamin family and is an essential nutrient found in foods such as egg yolks and spinach. It’s a precursor of phospholipids, which contributes to normal fat metabolism in the body.
• Coleus Extract – This is an extract from a tropical perennial plant. There have been some studies to suggest that Coleus forskohlii could be beneficial for certain things, but there’s not too much other evidence to support these claims. It’s one of those ingredients that we’ve come across a bit more recently, but we don’t think that it’s one of the best around.
• Hibiscus – The flowers of the Hibiscus plant are believed to have some benficial properties, although there isn’t too much concrete scientific evidence to back this up. We’re not too sure why it’s been included in the Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max formula, if we’re being honest.
• Yohimbe – This is a chemical which is derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. It’s not one of the most effective ingredients, although it does seem to have made its way into a lot of supplements recently. We’re not really fans of it. Simply put, there are better alternatives.
• Satsuma Mandarin Concentrate – Again, this is not an ingredient we’ve come across regularly in many supplements before. Satsuma Mandarin is high in Vitamin C, but aside from that, it’s unlikely to help directly with with much.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max is missing a lot of our favorite ingredients, which is disappointing. Here are some of the notable omissions:
• Green Tea Extract
• Cayenne Pepper
• Black Pepper Extract
Green Tea is one of our favorite ingredients for a supplement like this along with Cayenne Pepper, so it was disappointing not to find either of these ingredients in Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max.
Cayenne is usually found in the best supplements in this category, so MuscleTech have missed a trick by not including it in Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant and is usually found in the best supplements in this category.
Black Pepper Extract is a good addition to any supplement and you’ll usually find it in the top products.
Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max Reviews
Interestingly, there was only one single review of this product on Amazon.
It was a three star review from someone who said that it doesn’t vary greatly from the standard Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx, which isn’t geared specifically towards women.
We presume that the reason why there are not many Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max reviews online is because it’s a fairly new product.
That said, we’d always prefer to choose a product which has at least a few positive reviews online, so we know that people have been using it successfully.
What About Side Effects?
The over-use of stimulants such as Caffeine has been known to cause unwanted side-effects such as the jitters and energy crashes,
This shouldn’t be a problem with Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max because it only uses 175mg of Caffeine per serving.
Yohimbe has been known to cause some side effects, so we recommend looking into this.
We always recommend that you do some of your own research into the individual ingredients before testing a new supplement for the first time. You can never be too careful, especially when there are so many different products on sale these days.
We also recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not in our opinion. Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max has some decent ingredients but it’s also missing some of our favorite ingredients.
There are also not many reviews online about this supplement, which would make us wary of purchasing it if it doesn’t have much of a track history.
You can see our updated guide to the best five supplements on the market right now by visiting the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Firstly, you should always do your own research before purchasing any kind of food supplement. Look into each of the ingredients so you know exactly what you’re buying.
You should also not have unrealistic expectations when it comes to fat burners.
So many people buy supplements for the first time with unrealistic expectations about the results they expect to achieve. This is partly the fault of the marketing hype surrounding the product, and partly the customer’s fault for not doing more research into how these products should be used.
A good supplement is only really going to be effective if you are already sticking to a healthy diet and have a solid training or exercise regime. Get those things sorted first before trying any kind of supplement.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx Max review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product designed specifically for women.
However, because it’s missing a number of our favorite ingredients out there right now, we don’t rate it as one of the very best supplements on sale right now.
Simply put, there are better options available elsewhere if you’re looking to speed up your results with a supplement.