Hydroxycut Ultra Stim is a supplement made by MuscleTech which promises to provide “scientifically dosed” weight loss.
MuscleTech are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness supplements industry, and the Hydroxycut range is one of the best known supplement lines out there.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
We’re on the lookout for all of the leading supplements on the market right now, so we were keen to find out a little bit more about Hydroxycut Ultra Stim to see where it stands in comparison to the competition.
What makes this product slightly different from other similar supplements is that Hydroxycut Ultra Stim claims to have been formulated to deliver “extreme” effects.
So, we’re going to take a close look at this supplement made by a popular brand to determine whether it’s worth buying, or whether your money would be better spent elsewhere.
We’re going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this supplement and break it down in our full review of Hydroxycut Ultra Stim.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s get down to business and see where Hydroxycut Ultra Stim stands.
Skip To Section
Hydroxycut Ultra Stim – The Basics
As we mentioned above, Hydroxycut Ultra Stim is a supplement that promises to help support your goals.
The clue is in the name – this supplement uses high stimulant doses to help you on your journey.
This product also claims to provide a ‘sensory’ experience.
We’re not too sure what a ‘sensory’ experience is, and quite frankly we’d rather that this product focused on the main goal of this supplement.
That said, it’s good that this supplement has been formulated to work in at least two different ways, as the best products provide a multi-action approach to help increase your chances of success.
As well as ‘extreme energy’, MuscleTech promise that this supplement will deliver ‘enhanced mental focus’ as well.
Indeed, the marketing material on the official website says that Hydroxycut Ultra Stim will deliver “explosive energy, elevate thermogenesis and enhance your mental focus.”
Now it’s time to take a look at the ingredients formula of Hydroxycut Ultra Stim to see if this product can actually deliver on its claims or not.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the ingredients label to see exactly what is in each capsule of Hydroxycut Ultra Stim.
The good news is that Hydroxycut Ultra Stim doesn’t use a proprietary blend, which means that we know exactly which ingredients are used along with their individual doses.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients used by Hydroxycut Ultra Stim.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A solid ingredient for any supplement. You probably already know all about Caffeine and you’ll usually find it in the very best products in this category. Anhydrous is also one of the purest forms of Caffeine and we therefore recommend it as one of the top ingredients.
• Wakame Extract – This substance comes from a seaweed common in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese cuisines. There have been suggestions that this ingredient could help with certain things. That said, we would have rather seen a more proven substance used in its place.
• Theacrine – This is a stimulant that is believed to work in much the same way as Caffeine. Stimulants are always good additions to supplements like this, so long as they are added in moderation. Too many substances such as Caffeine can cause side-effects such as the jitters or energy crashes.
• Yohimbe Extract – Yohimbe Bark Extract is one of those ingredients that we’ve started to find more regularly in supplements. However, we really don’t like to see it used because it’s known to cause some quite nasty side-effects in some people. Generally, we’d prefer to see a safer ingredient used in its place.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – A solid ingredient for any supplement and it’s the main substance that Hydroxycut Ultra Stim leans on for its claims. Unroasted Coffee Beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. We’re big fans of this ingredient, and recommend it as one of the best ingredients around.
• Lycium Extract – This ingredient is a somewhat strange inclusion in Hydroxycut Ultra Stim – we’ve never found it in a supplement like this before. It’s another name for Goji Berry extract, but there is not much evidence to suggest that this is going to help you with much. Again, we’d have preferred to have seen a more proven ingredient used in its place.
• European Elder Extract – Again, this is a somewhat strange inclusion. We’ve not found it in any of the other supplements we’ve reviewed before. We would have preferred to have seen something more proven used in its place if we are being totally honest.
We were a bit disappointed to see that some key ingredients were not included in Hydroxycut Ultra Stim.
Here are the main ingredients that we feel should have been included by MuscleTech in this supplement:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Green Tea Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
We were very disappointed to see that there was no Cayenne Pepper in this supplement, because it’s basically the best ingredient around. Most of the top products use some Cayenne Pepper.
It was also disappointing that fellow heavyweight Green Tea Extract wasn’t included in this supplement either. Green Tea is a popular hot drink but is also usually added to the top supplements in this category.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It was another disappointing omission from the formula..
And there was also no Black Pepper Extract included. This is a good ingredient because it is claimed to boost the absorption of the other ingredients to potentially make for a more effective supplement overall.
Hydroxycut Ultra Stim Reviews
We did a little digging online to find some Hydroxycut Ultra Stim reviews from customers.
The main place where you can buy it online is bodybuilding.com, where it has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10.
One person said that it gave them lots of energy to help them feel at their best.
However, another customer said that Hydroxycut Ultra Stim only gave them a ‘light’ increase in energy after having used it for a month, and claimed that it had no effect on weight loss for them.
What About Side Effects?
The main problem we encounter time and again with supplements like this is the overuse of stimulants.
We all know that too much Caffeine can cause common problems such as the jitters, anxiety or energy crashes.
The problem with Hydroxycut Ultra Stim is that it uses 250mg of Caffeine per serving, which is already quite a lot, and that’s before the 25mg of Theacrine.
This stimulant content may be too much for some people and could cause some side effects.
We’re also not fans of Yohimbe, as we mentioned above, because it’s been known to cause side effects.
We always recommend that you do some of your own research into the ingredients before taking any new supplement for the first time. That way, you can be sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients used.
We also recommend speaking to your doctor before taking any new supplements.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not really. Hydroxycut Ultra Stim is a mid-range supplement – but we feel that it doesn’t really compete with the leading products on the market at the moment.
You can see our guide to the top five supplements on sale right now by visiting the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Don’t ever expect a supplement to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always first make sure that you’re training hard and eating right before considering adding a new supplement to your regimen.
That being said, if you’ve already got your exercise and training regime on point, then adding a quality product can indeed make a big difference to your results.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Hydroxycut Ultra Stim review. Overall, we think this is a decent product but it’s let down by the fact that it doesn’t include some important ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper and Green Tea Extract.
The high stimulant content may also be a bit too much for some people.
In summary, Hydroxycut Ultra Stim is a decent supplement, but it doesn’t compete with very best products on the market in our opinion.