We’re big fans of Jay Shetty here at Human Window.
If you’ve arrived on this page because you’re looking for the best Jay Shetty quotes, then you probably already know all about him.
In case you didn’t know, as well as being a former monk, Jay Shetty is a British host, storyteller and viral content creator who has risen to prominence in recent years.
Jay’s mantra is “making wisdom go viral” and his videos have been viewed a total of more than four billions times across all platforms.
If you follow Jay on Instagram or elsewhere on social media, you’ll probably have become familiar with his positive attitude and outlook on life.
Jay regularly shares some of his top quotes on Instagram and his other social channels.
In this article, we’ve picked out our top 20 favorite Jay Shetty quotes to help keep you feeling inspired and motivated.
So, without any further ado, let’s start taking a look at the top best Jay Shetty quotes around.
Top 30 Jay Shetty Quotes
“Often the people closest to us get the worst of us. And the people we barely know get the best of us.”
“We will keep facing the same test until we learn the lesson we are meant to learn. The same situations, relationships, issues will keep arising in our lives until we recognize what we are supposed to take away. We can save ourselves from so much trouble if we choose to listen, observe and adapt.”
• “Always tell someone how you feel, because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye, but regret can last a lifetime.
• “I believe you should focus your life on observing the little things, because one day you look back and realize they were the big things.”
• “We must keep the promises that we make to ourselves so that we can keep those that we make to others.”
• “The best people to surround yourself with are the people that bring out the best in you.”
• “You can’t do the big things if you are always distracted by the small ones.”
• “Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
• “The paradox of our times is that: we have more degrees, but less sense; more knowledge but less judgement; more experts, but less solutions.”
• “If you surround yourself with negative people, you’ll start to the world more negatively. It’s just the way it is.”
• “When we find someone in our loneliness, we often attract emptiness.”
• “Stop trying to find the right person; be the right person. Instead of being with someone who makes you happy, first be someone who makes you happy.”
• “Action without intention is meaningless. And intention without action is impact-less.”
• “It’s so important to fill our own batteries if we want to charge others.”
• “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years now and that hasn’t worked. Try coaching yourself and see what happens.”
• “Self-care isn’t just holidays and massages. It’s working on your habits, mindset and healing your past. It’s removing toxic thoughts, people and places in your life. It’s living intentionally, purposefully and consciously.”
• “Insecure people try to make you believe in them. Self aware people try to make you believe in yourself.”
• “We think that if we’re successful in public, we will be happy in private. But it’s actually the other way around. When you’re happy in private, you will be successful in public.”
• “Healing doesn’t have to look magical or special. Genuine healing is tough, purifying and hard work. Don’t glamorize change. Let yourself go through it. Don’t try to make it anything other than what it is.”
• “If you every meet someone who makes your life flow easier and makes you laugh a lot, keep them, that’s all you need.”
• “Growth isn’t always consistent. You relapse, you fall, but remember that doesn’t mean you’re back at square one. You don’t lose the growth you had before the relapse. Take your time, continue where you left off.”
• “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas. You can stay in it all you want but it won’t go anywhere.”
• “The sooner you get over the notion that you can or should be perfect, or that anyone else is, change will come easier.”
• “Most people don’t start because they don’t want to be seen starting at the bottom. Don’t be most people.”
• “Deep down you know what you’re capable of. There are even moments when you and other notice your potential. You can get there. You just have to be ready to sacrifice the bad habits, time wasting activities and overthinking that don’t support your success.”
• “If your past keeps coming back it’s just to test if you’re still stupid enough to fall for it again. Don’t be stupid.”
• “When something’s not right for you, your energy rejects it and tries to alert you in different ways. Don’t ignore how things make you feel. Pay attention to what emotions they bring up. These are all signals. If something doesn’t feel right to you, let it go.”
• “Look back to learn lessons. Look ahead to get excited. Look around to be present. Look within to find yourself.”
• “Forget what you looked like 10 years ago. Focus on how much you’ve grown internally in the last 10 years.”
• “The wrong relationships just prepare you for the right one… and when the right one comes, you’ll be thankful the others didn’t work out.”
• “Stick with people who pull the magic out of you, not the madness.”
In Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
Jay Shetty is certainly an inspirational person, and there is plenty we can learn from his words of wisdom.
From his inspirational quotes on forgiveness, relationships and life in general, there is lots we can take away from his words.
In particular, we’re big fans of Jay’s mindset when it comes to self-care, personal development and having a positive mindset.
Jay has lived something of a unique life, having been a monk for years in his 20s.
He is now spreading positive messages on social media and we think he deserves a lot of praise for what he is doing.