Leanbean is a vegan friendly, low stimulant ‘fat burner’ supplement aimed exclusively at women.
Product website: www.leanbeanofficial.com
It’s made and sold by a supplements company called Ultimate Life, and its ingredients formula, which contains vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, has recently been updated.
Before, we take a close and detailed look at Leanbean, we want to make some important points about supplements in this often controversial category.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
So-called ‘fat burner’ supplements are generally not proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own. Rather, they can provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may (or may not) bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
We think it’s important to have realistic expectations about supplements in this category, and that’s why doing your research is so important.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
This Leanbean review is going to take a detailed look at the main points that you need to know about this supplement. We’re going to be focusing mainly on the facts, including the ingredients, their doses and the directions for taking the supplement.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a close look at this female-focused supplement.
Editor's note: The writer of this article has not necessarily tried the products featured. All product information provided is purely research based.
Jump To Section
Leanbean – The Basics
Leanbean is a low stimulant, female-focused ‘fat burner’ supplement made by a company called Ultimate Life.
It’s sold by the manufacturer directly on the official website, and shipped worldwide from both the UK and the USA.
Leanbean has been around for a few years now, and the manufacturers made the decision to update and tweak the supplement’s ingredients formula back in the middle of 2019.
Leanbean contains 12 different active ingredients, including some essential vitamins and minerals, along with some plant extracts.
In an ideal world, we should be able to get all of the essential vitamins and minerals we need from a varied and balanced diet. However, supplements can help to make up for potential shortfalls in some of these important nutrients – something which can be an issue when dieting.
Each bottle of Leanbean contains 180 capsules (up from 120 capsules previously), and one bottle is a 30-day supply.
The official Leanbean website describes the supplement as a “revolutionary” product which supplies “cutting edge” ingredients to help support you on your health and fitness journey.
Among its ingredients is a dietary fiber called Glucomannan, which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. The Leanbean ingredients formula has recently been updated to contain more Glucomannan (we’ll explain why this is good news in more detail below).
Unlike some of the other similar products on the market, Leanbean is a ‘low stimulant’ supplement that doesn’t use pure Caffeine as one of its active ingredients.
The absence of Caffeine as an ingredient may make Leanbean an appealing option, particularly if you’re sensitive to stimulants or are already consuming a lot of Caffeine from other dietary sources.
It is worth nothing, though, that Leanbean does contain a little bit of Caffeine from other sources. The official website says that each daily serving of Leanbean contains less than 10mg of Caffeine.
The official website says that Leanbean is manufactured to the “highest quality standards” in line with good manufacturing practice, and in FDA-registered facilities in the USA.
Now that we’ve covered some of the basic things you need to know about Leanbean, it’s time to focus on the all-important ingredients formula in a bit more detail.
Unlike some other supplements marketed in the same category, Leanbean doesn’t use a ‘proprietary blend’.
This simply means that the full ingredients list is disclosed on the label, along with the doses of all of the different ingredients. This means that you’ll know exactly what is contained in each and every capsule, which is definitely a plus-point.
Editor's note: Any health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing. Additionally, you should carefully check the ingredients information shown on the official website of any product you're considering purchasing, as formulas may change from time to time and therefore may differ from what's shown on this page.
Here is the full Leanbean ingredients list. Note that this formula, shown on the official website at the time of writing, was updated in the summer of 2019 to include new ingredients and edited doses of existing ones.
• Glucomannan – This really is Leanbean’s flagship ingredient. Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. Each daily serving of Leanbean uses 3g of Glucomannan (split into three separate 1g servings per day), which contributes to weight loss in the context of an energy restricted diet. Lots of supplements in this category use Glucomannan as an ingredient, but few actually use enough of it to be able to make this claim, which is authorised in Europe. Leanbean’s 3g daily dose of Glucomannan puts it a level above most of the other products out there in this category.
• Choline – Leanbean uses 82.5mg of Choline per daily serving. In case you didn’t know, Choline is an essential nutrient which contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism, so you can see why it’s been included in Leanbean.
• Zinc – Zinc is an essential mineral that we need to get from our diet. It contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism and normal protein synthesis, amongst other things. It also contributes to the normal metabolism of fatty acids.
• Turmeric – Turmeric is well-known as a spicy addition to Indian curries. It’s also a popular ingredient in some supplements, too. Each serving of Leanbean uses 50mg of Turmeric.
• Potassium – This is another important mineral that we need to get from dietary sources. Potassium helps to support normal muscle function, as well as the maintenance of normal blood pressure.
• Green Coffee Bean Extract – ‘Green Coffee’ refers to the same coffee beans we know and love, but this extract comes from the beans before they’ve been roasted. In case you didn’t know, unroasted coffee beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. It’s worth noting that this ingredient is the only source of Caffeine in the Leanbean formula. However, according to the official website, Leanbean contains less than 10mg of total Caffeine per daily serving. To put that amount into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• Garcinia Cambogia – Garcinia Cambogia is a plant extract, which is added to lots of supplements in this category. Each serving of Leanbean uses 100mg per daily serving.
• Acai Berry – Acai Berries are a popular food and often also included in an extract form in supplements. Each serving of Leanbean uses 20mg of Acai Berry Extract.
• Chromium Picolinate – This is another important nutrient that we need to get from dietary sources. In case you didn’t know, Chromium is an essential trace element which can contribute to normal macronutrient metabolism, and the maintenance of normal blood glucose (blood sugar) levels.
• Vitamin B6 and B12 – Vitamin B6 and B12 are both important nutrients needed by your body. They are present in lots of foods, and both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Black Pepper Extract – BioPerine, a branded form of black pepper extract is added to many similar supplements to help support absorption, and potentially make for a more effective supplement overall.
How To Take It
Each bottle of Leanbean contains 180 capsules, which is the equivalent of a 30-day supply.
The directions are fairly straightforward. They suggest that you should take two capsules, three times per day (six capsules per day in total), around 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The official website says that for the best results, Leanbean should be taken with at least 8oz of water.
It’s important to carefully check the label of this or any other product you purchase and read the directions and warnings.
You should not exceed the recommended dosage instructions, and this supplement is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18.
Pros and Cons
Let’s now weigh up some of the pros and cons when it comes to Leanbean.
• Made for Women – Leanbean has been made specifically for women.
• Effective Ingredients – Glucomannan can help with weight loss when combined with an energy-restricted diet.
• Key Vitamins and Minerals – Essential vitamins and minerals such as Zinc, Chromium and Vitamins B6 and B12 can help to make up for a potential shortfall in these important nutrients from your diet.
• Vegan Friendly, Clear Formula – Leanbean is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and is also Non-GMo as well as being soy-free and gluten-free.
• Low Stimulant – Leanbean doesn’t use pure Caffeine as one of its main active ingredients (it does contain a small amount of Caffeine from other sources).
• Expensive – Leanbean is more pricey than a lot of the other similar supplements in this category. This is probably because each bottle contains more capsules than a lot of similar supplements. They do offer discounts on the price per bottle on multiple bottles on the official site.
• Limited Availability – You can currently only buy Leanbean from the official website, meaning that you won’t find it in the shops or elsewhere online.
One of the main downsides of Leanbean only being available to buy on the official website directly from Ultimate Life is that it makes it a bit more tricky to check verified customer reviews.
For instance, it means that we’re not able to check on Amazon to see what verified customers are saying about Leanbean.
There are a handful of positive testimonials on show on the official Leanbean website, but the manufacturer will ultimately have the final say about what appears on their own site, so it’s probably best not to read into these too much.
From the research we did online, Leanbean seemed to have generally positive feedback from customers. That being said, there were some people who mentioned delays with delivery and some who said that the supplement didn’t work for them as they’d expected.
Price and Where To Buy
As mentioned above, Leanbean is one of the pricier supplements out there in this category.
One bottle of Leanbean contains 180 capsules, which is a month’s supply, and costs $59 / £39 from the official website.
You can save some money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to commit to buying more than one at a time from the official Leanbean site.
At the moment, you can only buy Leanbean exclusively from the official website. This means that you won’t find it in the shops or on other sites such as Amazon.
What About Side Effects?
Before taking any new supplement, including Leanbean, it’s always best to speak to your doctor so you can get some tailored advice for your personal situation.
It’s important that you take a careful look through the ingredients formula to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the substances. It’s also worth doing your own background research into each of the ingredients before committing to a supplement.
As mentioned above, Leanbean contains a small dose of Caffeine per daily serving (less than 10mg per daily serving).
It’s also important that you carefully read the label of any product you purchase, including the directions, the warnings and ingredients formula.
Leanbean should not be taken by anyone under the age of 18, and it should not be used if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or have an underlying medical condition. You should speak to your doctor before taking Leanbean if you’re taking any medications.
• How does Leanbean work?
Leanbean is simply a supplement which contains ingredients including vitamins, minerals and plant extracts. It’s the individual ingredients that can bring their own benefits as part of a healthy lifestyle. For example, Leanbean contains 3g of Glucomannan (in three separate 1g servings per daily dose), which is known to contribute to weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet.
• Is Leanbean suitable for vegans?
Yes. According to the official website, Leanbean has been formulated to be suitable for vegans and vegetarians. It is also soy-free and gluten-free, as well as being non-GMO.
• Is there a Leanbean coupon code?
There is no Leanbean coupon code or discount code publicly available at the moment. That being said, you can save some money on the price per bottle if you’re willing to commit to buying more than one at a time from the official website.
• Can I buy Leanbean on Amazon?
No. At the moment, you can only buy Leanbean directly from the manufacturer on the official website. This means that you won’t find Leanbean on Amazon, GNC, on other retail websites, or in the shops.
• Does Leanbean come with a guarantee?
Leanbean offer a 90-day money-back guarantee if you buy their four-bottle bundle from the official website. This option also comes with free worldwide shipping. You will not be covered by this guarantee if you only buy one single bottle.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Anything Else To Consider?
As we mentioned at the very start of this Leanbean review, supplements in this category should not be regarded as ‘magic pills’ that can work miracles on their own.
Products like Leanbean are designed to be combined with a healthy diet and sensible workout routine, and the ingredients in the supplement can help to support you on your health and fitness journey.
Despite what the marketing material may say, supplements in this category are not intended to replace a varied diet and a healthy overall lifestyle. Rather, they can be used as an additional ‘companion’ to help support you on your journey.
As we mentioned above, it’s always a good idea to speak to a certified medical professional before taking any new supplement for the first time or making any major lifestyle changes.
Leanbean Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Leanbean review.
We’ve walked you through all of the key things you need to know about this particular female-focused supplement.
We’ve paid particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the doses and the directions to give you the low-down on this popular product.
We’re big fans of Leanbean and its well-dosed ingredients formula. The main downsides are the fact that it’s a little bit expensive and you can only buy it from the official website at the moment.