The Leesa Mattress is one of the most popular memory foam mattresses around – but how does it compare to the competition?
The Leesa Mattress is the product that promises to give back, with the manufacturer giving one of every 10 mattresses sold to a range of non-profits.
It’s great to know that the people behind Leesa are focused on making a positive social impact.
Product website: www.leesa.com
However, if you’re thinking about buying Leesa Mattress, then you’ll also want to be sure that it’s the right one for you.
This Leesa Mattress review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular product as we look to see whether it makes it onto our list of the best memory foam mattresses on sale right now.
There are so many different types of memory foam mattresses on sale these days that it can quickly become confusing if you’re looking to pick one.
The market has exploded in recent years and that means much more choice, but it can also make it tricky to find the perfect mattress for you.
This review is going to drill down on the important features of the Leesa, taking a close look at the construction, the feel, and what real customers are saying about it.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the Leesa Mattress to see exactly where it stands.
Jump To Section
Leesa Mattress – The Basics
The Leesa has been around for a few years now and you’ve probably already heard the name before if you’ve been looking for a memory foam mattress.
Leesa was founded in 2015 and so they were one of the ‘founding fathers’ of the bed-in-a-box movement.
In case you didn’t know, memory foam mattresses arrive vacuum packed in a special box. Once you break the seal, they expand into their full size over a number of hours.
As we mentioned above, Leesa are well-known for their responsible social impact. They will donate one of every 10 of their mattresses sold to good causes. That’s certainly a unique approach and a refreshing move from the company as a whole.
Leesa also make a hybrid mattress called the Leesa Hybrid Mattress – but this review is going to focus on the original Leesa Mattress.
Let’s now delve in a little deeper to see what the Leesa is made of and how it compares to the competition.
The Leesa is 10 inches thick and, like many similar products, uses three different layers of foam to provide comfort and support throughout the night.
The official website says that the Leesa Mattress has been specifically designed to be comfortable for all body shapes and sizes.
It promises to “contour” to every curve of your body for “perfect balance and spine alignment”.
The marketing material also goes on to say that the Leesa features “pioneered improvements” to help with durability and longevity.
This is good to see, as one concern for people buying a memory foam mattress is often that it won’t last long.
Another common problem with memory foam mattresses is that they can feel hotter than traditional mattresses.
Leesa say that they have combated this problem by using breathable foam, which can help lead to cooler nights.
Here are the three layers of foam that the mattress uses:
1) Comfort Layer – Two inches of premium foam with pressure relief for side sleepers
2) Recovery Layer – A further two inches to relieve pressure
3) Support Layer – Six inches of the main dense core foam, designed to support all body types and sleeping positions.
The Leesa Mattress is marketed as a ‘medium-firm’ mattress. The official website says that it’s been put together for comfort that’s “just right”.
So, it all sounds pretty good to us so far, but we always prefer to take what manufacturers say about their own products with a pinch of salt.
Instead, it’s better to focus on what the mattress is made of, and what real customers are saying about it.
So with that in mind, let’s move on to the next part of our Leesa Mattress review.
What Does The Leesa Mattress Feel Like?
As we mentioned above, the Leesa Mattress is marketed as a ‘medium-firm’ mattress that should be suitable for all types of sleepers.
The Leesa is relatively firm, and should offer good support for most people.
As the Leesa is towards the firmer end of the scale, it may be better suited to back and stomach sleepers.
That being said, Leesa make a point of saying that the first layer of breathable foam has been specifically added to help improve pressure relief for side sleepers.
The official website says that the Leesa has a “Universal Adaptive Feel” for “incredible pressure relief” no matter whether you’re a stomach, side or back sleeper.
Let’s now take a look at the things that we love about the Leesa Mattress.
• Breathable Foam For Cooler Nights – As we mentioned above, memory foam mattresses can get too hot, so choosing a product which has been put together to promote cooling and help with breathability is always a good thing. The Leesa ticks this box.
• Suitable for All Types of Sleepers – Generally speaking, most memory foam mattresses are firmer than their traditional counterparts. This means that they may be better suited to stomach or side sleepers. Leesa have made the point of making a mattress that should feel great, no matter your sleeping position.
• Positive Social Impact – It’s probably not the most important thing for you when shopping for a memory foam mattress, but it’s really great to see that the people behind Leesa have chosen to make a positive impact by donating one in every 10 of their mattresses sold to non-profits.
• Trial and Guarantee – As is the case with most of the leading memory foam mattresses on sale these days, the Leesa comes with a 100-night trial, so you can return it for a full refund during that time if you’re not happy with it. It also comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
• It’s one of the more expensive options on the market right now, coming in at around $995 for a Queen and $1195 for King. It’s worth checking the official Leesa website regularly, as they often offer discounts to customers, and sometimes as high as 15%.
• The slightly firmer feel of the Leesa may not be best suited to side sleepers, who generally prefer to sink deeper into the mattress.
RELATED: The Five Best Memory Foam Mattresses
Leesa Mattress Reviews
We took a look on Amazon.com to see what real customers were saying about the Leesa Mattress.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars, from 646 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they had benefitted from not suffering from any more lower back pain since buying the Leesa Mattress, which sounds pretty good to us.
One of the more negative reviews we found of the Leesa Mattress came from somebody who said that they were not happy about the ‘chemical’ smell it gave off for a number of weeks after purchase.
Anything Else To Consider?
As buying a new mattress is a big decision, you should carefully weigh up your options before choosing the one that’s right for you.
It’s always best to do some of your own research before making a decision. A good starting place is to look for a mattress that’s been designed to offer comfort and support to all types of sleepers. This is especially important if you and your partner differ in terms of your favorite sleeping positions.
Although the Leesa Mattress has been designed to help with cooling, it’s important to bear in mind that memory foam mattresses generally tend to feel hotter than traditional mattresses.
If you struggle with the heat at night, then a hybrid mattress may be a better choice for you.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So, that brings us to the end of our Leesa Mattress review.
Overall, we’ve been very impressed by the Leesa and we rate it as one of the very best memory foam mattresses on the market right now.
The Leesa uses three layers of foam to help support you through the night. It has also been specifically designed to adapt to your body shape and be suitable for all types of sleepers.
It also has great customer reviews, a long track record in the industry and the company have an excellent social impact approach.
For more information and to buy now: www.leesa.com