We came across LipoTHERM Elite as one of the top selling supplements on bodybuilding.com.
It’s made by a company called Supreme Sports Enhancements and it claims to help speed up your results as a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
We’re always looking to hear about the latest supplements to hit the market, so we were keen to find out a little bit more about LipoTHERM Elite to see whether it lives up to the hype or not.
Bodybuilding.com is one of the biggest distributors of fitness supplements out there, so most of the products on their store are fairly reputable.
The purpose of this LipoTHERM Elite review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles so that we can find out whether it’s one of the better products on the market right now or not.
We’re going to take a close look at the full ingredients formula, check out the customer feedback and form a general overview of where this product stands in comparison to the competition.
Lots of the supplements we’ve reviewed recently have fallen short of our expectations, so we’re hoping that LipoTHERM Elite can deliver and prove itself as a quality product.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start by examining the basic things you need to know about this supplement.
Skip To Section
LipoTHERM Elite – The Basics
So, as we’ve already deduced, LipoTHERM Elite is a supplement that promises to help support you on your fitness journey.
It claims to use a number of “maximum strength” ingredients to help speed up your results and support your goals.
It also promises to help with a number of other things related to hitting your fitness goals.
The official listing on bodybuilding.com says that LipoTHERM Elite will work in multiple ways to support you.
It’s good that this supplement has been formulated to work in more than one way, as we all know that one-dimensional products are far less likely to be effective.
The marketing material also says that this product has been formulated to “deliver powerful effects on weight management and muscle building areas”.
This all sounds pretty good to us, but we’re used to the manufacturers making big claims about their products.
The real test of whether this supplement can live up to the hype or not will be whether the ingredients formula contains substances that have actually been proven to work or not.
So let’s not take a close look at the ingredients in LipoTHERM Elite to see if it can deliver on their promises or not.
Let’s begin this part by looking at the actual ingredients label of LipoTHERM Elite.
The good thing about this formula which we can deduce right away is the fact that it doesn’t use a proprietary blend, meaning that we know the exact doses of the ingredients used.
We always recommend choosing supplements that don’t use proprietary blends, as they are more likely to be effective if the full formulas have been disclosed with their customers.
Let’s now take a closer look at the actual ingredients used in the LipoTHERM Elite supplement. As you can see, this supplement only uses five different ingredients.
• Xenaphrine – This is essentially branded Bitter Orange Extract, which is also known as Citrus Aurantium. It’s been linked to some benefits in a few studies and we’ve found it in a handful of the supplements we’ve reviewed recently. However, we don’t currently rate it as one of the very best ingredients around. It’s also been known to cause some nasty side effects when combined with Caffeine in the same supplement, which is far from ideal. Simply put, we don’t rate it that highly.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine is one of the top ingredients around for a supplement like this. Anhydrous is also one of the purest forms of Caffeine. Caffeine is a powerful natural stimulant and you probably don’t need any introduction to it at all. Each two capsules of LipoTHERM Elite contain 200mg of Caffeine, which is fine for one serving, but if you’re taking it two to three times a day as directed, it could well cause some side effects in some people.
• Dandelion Root – We’ve found this ingredient in a few supplements before, and you’re probably already familiar with the Dandelion flower. It’s use as a supplement ingredient is questionable though. There’s not much evidence linking it to much. We are not really convinced about it as an ingredient here if we’re honest.
• ForskoLean – This is a branded version of Coleus Forskohlii. It’s a herb that has been used in traditional Indian medicine for years. It’s included in a number of the other supplements we’ve reviewed recently, but its links to actual benefits are not the best. That’s why we’d have preferred to have seen a more proven ingredient used in its place.
• CapsaPure – This is a branded form of Cayenne Pepper, which is famed for being a great ingredient because it’s rich in a compound called Capsaicin. Capsaicin is a good ingredient for a supplement in this category and so we were pleased to find it in the LipoTHERM Elite formula.
LipoTHERM Elite contains a few good ingredients, but there are also quite a lot of good natural substances missing from this supplement in our opinion.
The main ingredients missing are:
• Green Tea Extract
• Green Coffee Bean Extract
• Black Pepper Extract
Green Tea Extract is one of the most important ingredients for a supplement like this. Most of the top products contain at least some Green Tea and it was disappointing not to find it on the label.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber extracted from the root of the Konjac plant. It’s a great ingredient for products like this and so it was disappointing not to find it on the label.
Meanwhile, Green Coffee Bean is a good ingredient because unroasted coffee beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid.
Finally, Black Pepper Extract is a crucial ingredient for a supplement of any type. It was a real shame not to find it on the label.
You can see our updated guide to the leading five supplements on the market right now via the link below.
LipoTHERM Elite Reviews
There were not many LipoTHERM Elite reviews on bodybuilding.com, despite this product being quite prominent.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 8.6 out of 10.
One person was absolutely delighted with the product and claimed that it was “easily” the best supplement they had ever taken.
Someone else said that it also boosted their libido, as well as increasing stamina, which seems like a nice side-benefit if true.
However, there were also some negative reviews. One person said that it did absolutely nothing for them and that it was a total disappointment.
LipoTHERM Elite Side Effects
The main problem with supplements like this when it comes to side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
This could be a problem for some people with LipoTHERM Elite. Each serving contains 200mg, which is quite a lot, so if you’re taking the recommended dose of one serving, two to three times per day, you could end up taking as much as 600mg of Caffeine, which is way too much.
We generally recommend that you look for a supplement with a total daily Caffeine content of 300mg or less, as this should be enough to give you the benefits without any of the drawbacks, such as the jitters or energy crashes later in the day.
We’re also not sure about the use of Bitter Orange in LipoTHERM Elite, as it’s been shown to cause problems when combined with Caffeine.
We do recommend that you do some of your own research into the ingredients before taking a fat burner supplement for the first time.
It’s also a good idea to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplements.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not in our opinion. LipoTHERM Elite does contain a few good ingredients, but there are some way better products that provide a much fuller spectrum of ingredients in our opinion.
The large Caffeine dose could also trigger some nasty side-effects in some people.
Remember to check out our supplement guide to the best products via this link:
Anything Else To Consider?
Don’t expect any supplement, whether it be LipoTHERM Elite or one of the market leaders, to work miracles.
You should always start off by making sure that your nutrition plan and training regime are both completely on point before considering adding a supplement to your regimen.
That being said, a quality supplement can make a big difference to your results if used correctly.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our LipoTHERM Elite review.
This supplement uses a few decent ingredients, but its formula is nowhere near as strong as the leading products on the market right now in this category in our opinion.
The high stimulant content may cause problems for some people, and we’re not totally convinced by a number of the ingredients used.
Overall, there are some much better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a good supplement.