MusclePharm Assault is a pre workout supplement that’s been designed to help support your fitness goals.
It’s available to buy on Amazon and is one of the more popular pre workout supplements on sale these days.
MusclePharm are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness supplements industry and so it’s hard not to take notice when they add a new pre workout to their range.
The purpose of this MusclePharm Assault review is for us to take a close and detailed look as this supplement from all angles as we look to see where it stands in relation to the top pre workout supplements on the market at the moment.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be difficult to separate the good from the not so good.
In this review, we’re going to pay particularly close attention to the ingredients formula and the customer reviews as we look to see exactly where Assault stands in the pre workout pecking order.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula and the customer reviews as we look to see exactly where this supplement stands.
So, with the introductions now out of the way, it’s time to start taking a look at MusclePharm Assault in a bit more detail to find out how good it is.
Skip To Section
MusclePharm Assault – The Basics
As we’ve already clearly worked out, MusclePharm Assault is a pre workout supplement that’s been specifically designed to help you get the best out of your gym sessions.
In case you didn’t already know, pre workout supplements are products that usually come in powder form and are designed to be mixed with water and drunk before periods of exercise.
They usually contain a range of commonly used ingredients which can combine to support your goals.
You can buy MusclePharm Assault on Amazon, where it costs around $17 for one tub. This price makes it one of the more affordable pre workout supplements out there right now.
It is currently sold in Fruit Punch flavor.
The tub proudly proclaims that MusclePharm Assault is an “ultimate performance complex” designed to help you to make the most out of your time spent training.
The Amazon listing also says that this product contains a “transparent” ingredients list, meaning that it doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
This is great news, as it means that we know the exact doses of all of the ingredients, which is not the case with a lot of other similar supplements out there.
So far, the MusclePharm marketing material is making the right noises.
However, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers are saying about their own products.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the important things such as the actual ingredients formula and check out some real customer reviews.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important part of our MusclePharm Assault review – the all-important ingredients formula.
Let’s kick off this part by taking a close look at the actual label of MusclePharm Assault as shown on the tub.
As we’ve already seen in this review, it’s great to see that MusclePharm have not used a proprietary blend with the supplement.
This means that we are clearly told the dose of each and every ingredient in the formula.
This is excellent news, as we always recommend staying away from supplements that use proprietary blends.
There really is no excuse for supplement makers not to be totally transparent with their customers in this day and age.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the MusclePharm Assault pre workout formula.
• Vitamin C – This is a pretty common pre workout supplement ingredient and we always like to see it included in products like this. Vitamin C is a good ingredient for a pre workout because it contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function. Not a bad start.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – We always like to see B Vitamins used in supplements like this. That’s because they play an important role in a number of bodily functions. For example, both B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Creatine Monohydrate – This is a common pre workout ingredient. It’s also often taken after gym sessions. It’s a decent pre workout ingredient and we were pleased to find it in the formula of MusclePharm Assault.
• Beta-Alanine – This is another common pre workout ingredient that you’ll find in a lot of the top products. For example, it’s one of the main ingredients in the Powher Pre Workout for women.
• Taurine – Another fairly common ingredient. In case you didn’t know, Taurine is a popular ingredient in many of the leading commercially-available energy drinks.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine is always a good pre workout ingredient. The main thing to be wary of when it comes to Caffeine is the dosage. The 250mg of Caffeine per scoop in MusclePharm Assault is a bit on the high side for our liking. Generally speaking, we favor products that use less than that – and probably a maximum of 150mg per serving. That’s because too much Caffeine can cause some familiar side effects.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – This is another good ingredient that is often found in the leading pre workout supplements on the market. L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid derivative that is regularly taken as a supplement and found in the formulas of a lot of the top products.
We must say that the MusclePharm Assault ingredients formula is one of the better ones that we’ve come across recently.
It’s good to see that it uses B Vitamins and Caffeine, which are two of our favorite ingredients for a product like this.
The slightly disappointing thing, as we mentioned above, is that the dose of Caffeine is a little bit on the high side and this may cause side effects for some people.
It was also a shame that there was no Coconut Water Powder used in this supplement.
You can see our update pre workout supplement guide via the link shown below.
MusclePharm Assault Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to see what verified customers were saying about MusclePharm Assault.
At the time of writing, it had 204 customer reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they loved the product and especially how it dissolved so easily when mixed with water.
However, there were also some negative reviews, with one person saying that it was the “worst” pre workout they had tried.
On the whole, the reviews about MusclePharm Assault seem to be a bit mixed.
What About Side Effects?
As we mentioned above, the main thing to be wary of when it comes to pre workout supplement side effects is the overuse of stimulants such a Caffeine.
The 250mg dose of Caffeine in this supplement is a little bit on the high side for our liking.
Generally speaking, we prefer pre workouts that use less than 150mg of Caffeine per serving, as this amount is less likely to cause side effects.
As always, you should always carefully check the ingredients label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
We also strongly recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about trying a new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate MusclePharm Assault as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It does contain a lot of good ingredients and doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
However, the Caffeine dose is a little bit on the high side and it doesn’t offer great value for money in terms of price per serving.
You can check out our update best pre workout supplement guide by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
You should never expect a pre workout supplement to do the hard work for you.
Supplements are designed to help support your goals, but they will not work on their own.
You should always make sure that you are sticking to a healthy diet and good training regime before thinking about trying any new supplement.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our MusclePharm Assult review.
Overall, we do think that this is a pretty good pre workout supplement.
It has some good ingredients and doesn’t use a proprietary blend, which is always good news.
However, it just falls short of making it onto our top list because the Caffeine dose is a little bit high, and you don’t get many servings per tub.
To summarize, we feel that there are some better options out there right now in terms of pre workouts, but you’re not going to go too far wrong by using this supplement.