Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx is a pre workout supplement made by MuscleTech that is designed to help support your fitness goals.
MuscleTech are one of the biggest names in the supplements industry, so it’s difficult to ignore when they add a new product to their line.
We’ve already reviewed the Hydroxycut SX-7 Black Onyx supplement here at Human Window.
If you’re looking to find out whether Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx is a pre workout supplement you should consider or not, then you’ve landed on the right page.
The purpose of this Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx review is for us to take a close look at this particular product from all angles as we look to see where it stands.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be tricky to pick out the best products.
We’re going to be taking a close look at the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx ingredients formula, dosages and customer reviews as we look to see whether this product makes it onto our list of the best pre workout supplements on sale right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a close look at the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx pre workout in a bit more detail.
Skip To Section
Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx – The Basics
As we have clearly already worked out, MuscleTech Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx is a pre workout supplement that has been formulated to help you to get the most out of your training sessions.
In case you didn’t know, pre workout supplements are products that are designed to be taken before periods of exercise to help you hit your fitness goals.
They have become very popular in recent years as people look to maximize their time spent in the gym.
Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx is available to buy on Amazon and elsewhere online.
At the time of writing, it costs around $40 for a tub containing 60 servings, which makes it a mid-range pre workout supplement.
This product comes in a number of different flavors, including:
• Fruit Punch Explosion
• Blue Raspberry Blast
• Cherry Limeade Twist
• Icy Rocket Freeze
According to the marketing material on the official MuscleTech website, this supplement provides the “most hardcore and explosive pre workout experience”.
The promotional material on the site also says that this is a “scientifically advanced pre-workout guaranteed” to deliver results.
It promises to help you “shatter” your personal records as you look to hit your fitness goals this year.
The marketing material also claims that this supplement will be unlike any other pre workout you have ever tried before.
So, it all sounds pretty promising to us so far, but we have learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the ingredients formula and the customer reviews to see whether a supplement is really any good or not.
With that in mind, let’s now move on to the next key part of our MuscleTech Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx Review – the ingredients.
Let’s start this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients formula of MuscleTech Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx, as printed on the tub.
Firstly, we should praise MuscleTech for opting not to use a proprietary blend with this formula.
This means that we know the exact doses of each and every ingredient on the label, which is the way it should be.
Generally speaking, we advise to stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, so it’s good that is not the case here.
Let’s now take a closer look at the main ingredients found in Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx.
• Vitamin C – Vitamin C is a relatively common pre workout ingredient and it’s a solid inclusion in the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx formula. That’s because Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function. Not a bad start for this supplement.
• Niacin – This is another good ingredient to begin with. Also known as Vitamin B3, Niacin contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release. You can see why it’s been included in this supplement.
• Beta Alanine – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient and you’ll find it in the top female pre workout Powher. Many of the top supplements in this category contain Beta Alanine, so it was not a surprise to find it in the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx formula.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – You probably already know all about Caffeine and its benefits. It’s usually found in the best pre workout supplements and it is no surprise to see it in the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx formula. The 200mg dose is a relatively high one, however. We generally recommend that you look for a pre workout that uses 150mg or less of Caffeine per serving, as more than that increases the chances of suffering from side-effects, especially if you’re already consuming Caffeine from other sources.
• Yohimbe Extract – This is not a very common ingredient for a pre workout. Instead, you’ll more commonly find it in so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements. That said, it’s not one of our favorite ingredients. We are not convinced by it and we prefer to stay away from supplements that use it.
• Satsuma Orange Concentrate- Again, this is not the most common pre workout supplement ingredient. We’re not too sure what it’s doing in the Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx formula, but it does presumably have some benefits.
The Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx formula has some good things in it such as Caffeine, Beta Alanine and Vitamin C.
However, there were also some of our favorite pre workout ingredients missing from this formula.
For example, it was disappointing that there was no Vitamin B6 or B12 included in this supplement, as they both contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as normal energy release.
It was also a shame that there was no Beet Root Extract or Coconut Water Powder in this supplement.
You can see our updated guide to the best pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to see what customers were saying about this supplement.
At the time of writing, Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx had an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars from 51 customer reviews.
One person rated it five stars and said that it was the best pre workout supplement that they had ever taken.
However, one negative review came from somebody who left a one star review and said that the powder had become rock hard and unusable.
Overall, the reviews of Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx seem to be a bit of a mixed bag.
What About Side Effects?
You should always check the label yourself before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
The 200mg of Caffeine per serving may be a bit too much for some people, so that is worth bearing in mind. Because of the Caffeine, you shouldn’t take this product too close to bedtime.
You should always speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx as one of the best pre workouts on sale right now.
That’s mainly because it’s missing some of our favorite ingredients and also has some questionable inclusions in the formula.
Remember to check out our updated pre workout guide by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a magic supplement to solve your fitness problems.
The first things you should do before thinking about any kind of supplementation is to make sure that you’re sticking to a healthy diet and are exercising regularly.
A good pre workout supplement can help to support your goals, but it is not going to do the hard work for you.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That wraps up our Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK supplement that contains quite a few decent ingredients.
However, we do not rate it as one of the very best pre workouts on the market right now. That’s mainly because it’s missing some of our favorite ingredients, and seems to have mixed reviews from customers.
All in all, we feel that there are better options on the market right now.