Vapor X5 Next Gen is a pre workout supplement made by MuscleTech which is sold online and designed to help support you through your workouts.
MuscleTech are one of the biggest names in the health and fitness supplements industry, so it’s difficult not to pay attention when they add a new supplement to their line.
If you’re looking to find out whether Vapor X5 Next Gen is a pre workout supplement worth trying or not, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The purpose of this Vapor X5 Next Gen review is for us to take a close look at this product from all angles to see if it deserves a spot on our list of the best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the doses of all of the ingredients as we look to find out where this product stands.
There are loads of pre workout options available these days, but which ones are the best?
Let’s now start taking a close look at Vapor X5 Next Gen to see where it stands in comparison to the leading pre workouts on the market right now.
Skip To Section
Vapor X5 Next Gen – The Basics
As we have already covered, MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen is a pre workout supplement that has been designed to be taken before periods of exercise to support your goals.
In case you didn’t already know, pre workout supplements are powders which are usually mixed with water and then drunk just before hitting the gym or playing sport.
They have become very popular in recent years, as more and more people look to maximize their time spent in the gym.
You can find MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Pre Workout on Amazon, where it costs around $30 for a tub containing 60 servings.
It comes in a number of different flavors, including:
• Blue Raspberry
• Fruit Punch
• Candy Watermelon
According to the marketing material on the Amazon listing, this is an “explosive” supplement which has been designed to give you the “ultimate pre-workout experience” and a “sensory overload you won’t find anywhere else”.
It also claims to use a “research-inspired dose of beta-alanine” as one of its main ingredients.
The Amazon listing also proudly declares that this supplement is “the most complete pre-workout product available”.
So, it is clear that MuscleTech are pretty confident about their product.
However, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to focus on the ingredients formula and the customer reviews to get a feel for whether a supplement is actually any good or not.
So, with that in mind, let’s now move on to the next critical section on our MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Pre Workout review and take a close look at the ingredients.
Let’s begin this important section of our review by looking at the actual ingredients label of this product as printed on the tub.
It’s great to see that MuscleTech have gone against the trend and have decided not to use a proprietary blend with this supplement.
This means that we are clearly and transparently told all of the doses of all of the ingredients in the formula, which is the way it should be in our opinion.
We always feel that there is no excuse for a supplement manufacturer not to be totally transparent with their customers about what is in their product, so it’s good to see no proprietary blends used in this supplement.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen Pre Workout formula.
• Niacin – This is a relatively common ingredient in the vitamin section of pre workout supplements. In case you didn’t know, Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3. It contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release, making it a decent inclusion for a pre workout supplement.
• Creatine Monohydrate – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient. You have probably heard about its post-workout benefits, but Creatine is also often included in small doses in pre workout supplements. Each scoop of MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen contains 1.5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate.
• Beta-Alanine – This is another common pre workout ingredient. You’ll find it in a lot of the top supplements in this category. For example, it is one of the main inclusions in the female pre workout Powher.
• Taurine – An ingredient that is often found in commercially-available energy drinks. Taurine is also a popular inclusion in pre workout supplements, and it’s not a bad inclusion here in Vapor X5.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – You probably already know all about Caffeine and its benefits. It’s an incredibly common pre workout ingredient, and it’s one of the most popular stimulants on the planet. Each scoop of this pre workout supplement contains 190mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. This is a little bit too much in our opinion. Usually, we prefer pre workouts that use 150mg of Caffeine or less per serving.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid found primarily in tea leaves. It’s a common inclusion in the best pre workouts, and it’s also often paired with Caffeine in the same supplement – and it is nice to see that is the case here.
• Choline Bitartrate – Choline is a relatively popular supplement ingredient, although we haven’t found it in too many pre workouts before. Choline contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism, so it is not a bad inclusion.
Although the MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen formula has some pretty good things in it, we feel that this supplement is also missing some important pre workout ingredients.
For example, we were a bit disappointed not to find Vitamins B6 and B12 in this formula, as they both contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
It was also a shame not to find any Beet Root Extract and Coconut Water Powder in this particular supplement.
Remember that you can see our updated guide to the best pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Vapor X5 Next Gen Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to see what real customers were saying about MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen.
At the time of writing, it had more than 650 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good going.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they loved this product, labelling it as the “king of pre workouts” and said that the flavors tasted great.
However, one negative review came from somebody who left a one-star review and said that there are better pre workout options out there right now.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
The 190mg dose of Caffeine per scoop in this supplement is a little bit high for our liking. Generally speaking, we prefer supplements that use around 100mg per serving.
Too much Caffeine can cause problems for some people, especially if you’re already getting Caffeine from other sources.
You should always speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time – and you should check the label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
That’s mainly because we feel that the dose of Caffeine is a bit high, and it’s also missing some of our favorite ingredients such as Vitamins B6 and B12.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
You should never expect a supplement to do the hard work for you.
If you’re looking to make a change and get into shape, then you should always start with the basics, and that means making sure that you’re training hard and eating right first.
Supplements can help to support your goals, but they cannot replace the hard work you will have to put in, both in the gym and the kitchen.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
So here we are at the end of our MuscleTech Vapor X5 Next Gen review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent mid-range pre workout supplement that uses some good ingredients and seems to have solid reviews.
However, we don’t quite rate it as one of the very best pre workouts on sale right now. That’s mainly because we feel that the dose of Caffeine is a little bit high, and it’s also missing some of our favorite ingredients for a pre workout.