Pre Workout Blend is the budget pre workout supplement offering from UK-based supplements company MyProtein.
If you’re looking to find out whether this supplement is the right choice for you or not, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This MyProtein Pre Workout Blend is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see where it stands in relation to the best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
MyProtein are one of the biggest supplement brands in the UK and they are well-known for their affordable products. We’re big fans of their supplement range here at HUMAN WINDOW.
The purpose of this review is for us to take a detailed look the ingredients, dosages and customer reviews so we can see exactly where this product stands.
So, with the instructions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend in a bit more detail.
MyProtein Pre Workout Blend – The Basics
As we’ve already mentioned, Pre Workout Blend is a pre workout supplement made by MyProtein.
In case you didn’t already know, pre workout supplements are products that usually come in powder form that have been specifically formulated to help you get the most of your time spent in the gym.
They typically use a range of natural ingredients combined with Caffeine to help keep you feeling at your best so you can get the most out of your workout.
The Pre Workout Blend is the cheapest pre workout supplement that MyProtein offer. We’ve already reviewed THE Pre Workout from MyProtein here on the site.
Previously known as Pulse V5, the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend uses a number of “widely researched” ingredients to help support your health and fitness goals.
My Protein Pre Workout Blend comes in a resealable pouch that holds the powder to be mixed in with a liquid of your choice (we recommend using water).
Like many of the top pre workout supplements on the market right now, the Pre Workout Blend uses Caffeine as one of its main ingredients to help support you during your training sessions.
It also claims to be “loaded” with a range of essential vitamins and minerals to help support various bodily functions.
The MyProtein Pre Workout Blend currently comes in four different flavors:
• Fruit Punch
• Blue Raspberry
• Orange Mango Passionfruit
So, it all sounds pretty good to us so far, but now it’s time to take a close look at the actual ingredients label to see exactly where this product stands in relation to the top supplements on the market right now in this category.
Let’s begin this important section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label as printed on the pouch of this product.
Firstly, it’s great to see that this supplement doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
Proprietary blends are when supplement makers choose to hide the doses of the individual ingredients and instead only reveal the dose of the total ‘blend’. This is never good news, and we always recommend staying away from products that use proprietary blends.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend formula:
• Caffeine – Caffeine is one of the most popular pre workout ingredients around, and you’ll find it in the top products in this category. It’s a popular stimulant, and you probably don’t need any introduction to it. Each serving of Pre Workout Blend uses 150mg of Caffeine. This is a pretty standard amount, although we generally prefer pre workouts to not use more than 100mg of Caffeine per serving.
• Taurine – This is another popular pre workout ingredient. Taurine is a common ingredient in many commercially-available energy drinks, so you can probably guess why it’s been included in the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend. Each serving contains one gram of Taurine.
• L-Citrulline Malate – Another of our favorite pre workout ingredients. L-Citrulline Malate is an amino acid found in watermelons that’s a commonly used pre workout ingredient. Each serving contains three grams of L-Citrulline Malate, which is pretty good going.
• Beta Alanine – Another common pre workout ingredient, we were pleased to find Beta Alanine on the ingredients formula here. Each serving of Pre Workout Blend contains 1.6 grams of Beta Alanine, which is pretty good.
• L-Tyrosine – This is another popular ingredient. It’s one of the 20 essential amino acids that’s used by cells to synthesise proteins. So you can probably guess why it’s been included in the formula here.
• Guarana Seed Extract – This is essentially another stimulant to go alongside the Caffeine. Guarana generally has a similar effect as Caffeine. We must say that we’re not too sure about using two stimulants in the same supplement, as this could increase the risk of suffering from related side effects.
• Vitamin C – You probably know about the benefits of Vitamin C. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the nervous system, normal psychological function, and normal energy release.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins. We always like to see B Vitamins used in supplements like this, because they support normal energy release as well as the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Niacin – Another important B Vitamin, Niacin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy release and the maintenance of normal skin, amongst other things.
We must say that we were pretty impressed by the ingredients formula for MyProtein Pre Workout Blend.
It contains a lot of the important things we look for when picking out a pre workout supplement, including Caffeine, B Vitamins and L-Citrulline Malate.
There were a couple of things missing in our opinion. For example, it was a shame that this supplement doesn’t use any Creatine at all.
You probably know about Creatine for its post-workout benefits, but lots of the top pre workouts also contain small doses to help give you a boost.
You can check out our updated guide to the best pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
MyProtein Pre Workout Blend Reviews
We did some digging online to see what real customers were saying about the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 4.63 out of 5 stars on the official website.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that this particular supplement helped to give them the “kick” they needed for their workout.
However, one more negative review came from somebody who left a two-star rating and said that they didn’t like the taste of the fruit punch flavor.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful of with pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
We all know that too many stimulants can cause negative side effects.
Taking into account the Caffeine and the Guarana, this supplement contains 250mg of stimulant ingredients.
This is a little bit too much for our liking, we generally prefer it when supplements use 100mg of Caffeine or less per serving.
You should also carefully check the ingredients label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the substances used.
It’s also always best to speak to a certified medical professional before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate the MyProtein Pre Workout Blend as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It does contain some pretty good ingredients and offers great value for money, we just feel that the stimulant content is a little bit too high, and it could have done with the addition of a small dose of Creatine.
Remember that you can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that supplements are supposed to be used as part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
They are not miracle pills or powders – you’ll still have to make sure that you’re working hard in the gym and making the right dietary choices to see real results.
A good pre workout supplement can help to support your goals, but it won’t replace the hard work that you’ll have to put in – both in the gym and in the kitchen.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our MyProtein Pre Workout Blend Review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good pre workout supplement that offers brilliant value for money.
We just don’t quite rate it as one of the very best pre workouts on the market right now because it doesn’t use Creatine and the stimulant content is a little too high for our liking.