THE Pre-Workout is a supplement made by MyProtein and sold online which has been designed to help support your workout goals.
MyProtein are one of the biggest names in the supplements industry in the UK, so it’s hard not to take notice when they launch a new product.
THE Pre-Workout was previously known as MyPre 2.0, and was launched along with MyProtein’s major recent rebrand.
So, if you’re looking to find out whether this is a supplement worth trying or not, then you’ve landed on the right page.
This THE Pre-Workout review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see where it stands.
There are so many different supplements on sale these days that it can be difficult to pick the best products.
We’re going to be be paying particularly close attention to the THE Pre-Workout ingredients formula, dosages and customer reviews as we look to see whether this product deserves a spot in our guide to the best pre workout supplements out there right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at THE Pre-Workout to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
MyProtein THE Pre-Workout – The Basics
As we have already gathered, THE Pre-Workout is a supplement made by MyProtein that has been designed to help support you on your fitness journey.
MyProtein are a UK-based supplements company that have been around for some years, and they are known for offering good value for money with their products.
THE Pre-Workout is their main pre workout offering and it replaces the previous ‘MyPre’ series.
At the time of writing, THE Pre-Workout costs around £25 for a tub containing 30 servings, which makes it a pretty standardly-priced supplement.
You can buy THE Pre-Workout on the official MyProtein website.
The marketing material says that this supplement uses an “explosive” blend of Caffeine and Creatine to help support your goals.
It claims to deliver the “boost” you need to help push you towards “peak performance”.
In case you didn’t already know, pre workout supplements are product delivered in powder form which have usually been designed to be consumed before periods of exercise.
The promotional material says that THE Pre-Workout will help to get you firing on all cylinders so that you can get the most out of your time spent at the gym.
It also says that it uses a blend of vitamins to help keep you feeling at the top of your game.
This all sounds pretty good so far, but we tend not to give too much importance to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s better to focus on the important things such as the ingredients formula and customer reviews. So, let’s move on to the next important section now.
Let’s kick off this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients formula of MyProtein THE Pre-Workout as printed on the tub.
Firstly, we should praise MyProtein for not using a proprietary blend. This means that we clearly know the doses of all of the separate ingredients in the formula.
This is not the case with many modern supplements – and we always advise that you stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends.
After all, you should always know exactly what it is that you’re taking, so it’s great to see that there is no proprietary blend in sight here.
Let’s now take a closer look at the main ingredients in the MyProtein THE Pre-Workout formula.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins, and it’s good to see them in the formula. In case you didn’t know, both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release. With that in mind, it’s clear to see why they’ve been included in THE Pre-Workout formula.
• Pantothenic Acid – Also known as Vitamin B5, this is another good inclusion in the formula. In case you didn’t know, Pantothenic Acid contributes to normal energy release and normal mental performance.
• Caffeine – Probably the most common pre workout ingredient – and it really needs no introduction. You probably already know all the benefits of Caffeine. The total dose of Caffeine in THE Pre-Workout is 175mg per serving, which is a sensible one. Our maximum recommended dose of Caffeine for a pre workout is 150mg, so this is not too bad.
• Beta Alanine – This is a very common pre workout ingredient, and you’ll find it in a lot of the top products in this category. It’s good to see it in THE Pre-Workout, where there is 1600mg per serving.
• Creatine Monohydrate – Creatine is a very popular bodybuilding supplement. It’s commonly taken after exercise but it’s also a good pre workout ingredient. The 2000mg dose in THE Pre-Workout is a pretty sensible one.
• L-Carnitine – This is an amino acid which is a common inclusion in the top pre workout supplements. It’s good to find a dose of 500mg of L-Carnitine in THE Pre-Workout formula.
• Choline Bitartrate – This isn’t the most common pre workout ingredient, but it’s not the worst one. In case you didn’t know, Choline contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism.
• Guarana – This is essentially a stimulant ingredient. The Caffeine from Guarana is included in the total dose of Caffeine (175mg) per serving in THE Pre-Workout.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – Another fairly common pre workout ingredient. It’s not a bad inclusion and each serving of THE Pre-Workout contains 500mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine.
We must say that THE Pre-Workout ingredients formula is one of the better ones that we have come across recently, and it’s great that MyProtein have chosen not to use a proprietary blend with this supplement.
That said, we would have liked to see Coconut Water Powder and Beet Root Extract included in this supplement.
Our only real complaint about the ingredients formula in this case is the fact that it probably contains too many ingredients.
We prefer simple and short ingredients lists with substances included at the right doses.
You can see our updated guide to the top pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
MyProtein THE Pre-Workout Reviews
As you can also buy MyProtein THE Pre-Workout on Amazon, we took a look to see what real customers were saying about this particular supplement.
We prefer looking on Amazon rather than the official website, as the reviews are more likely to be genuine.
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars from nine customer reviews on Amazon.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that this supplement “worked well” for them before hitting the gym.
However, a negative review came from somebody who left a one-star review and said that they did not like the “chemical” taste.
What About Side Effects?
As always, you should carefully check the ingredients label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients in THE Pre-Workout formula.
The main thing to bear in mind with pre workouts is that many of them are often overloaded with Caffeine.
Our maximum recommended dose of Caffeine per pre workout serving is around 150mg, so the 175mg dose in THE Pre-Workout is not too bad.
You should always speak to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
THE Pre-Workout is a pretty good product overall.
It’s just a shame that it uses so many ingredients and is missing a couple of our favorite pre workout inclusions.
You can see our top rated pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that supplements like this have been designed to support your goals, not replace a healthy lifestyle.
You should always make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and training regime before thinking about trying any new supplements.
A good pre workout can help you to get the most out of your time spent training, but you’ll still need to put in the hard work, both in the gym and in the kitchen.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our THE Pre-Workout review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good supplement. It’s made by a reputable firm, has decent ingredients and doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
The downsides are that it doesn’t include a couple of our favorite ingredients, and it also probably contains too many ingredients for our liking.
Still, it’s not a bad product, even if it doesn’t make it onto our list of the very best pre workouts out there right now.