The Naked Energy Pre Workout supplement has one of the simplest ingredients formulas we’ve ever come across.
But is this supplement worth trying, or are there better options out there if you’re looking to take your workouts to the next level?
Naked Energy is an unflavoured product and is available to buy on Amazon in the US and it seems to be one of the more popular pre workout supplements on sale at the moment.
In case you didn’t know, pre workout supplements are products that are designed to be consumed before periods of exercise to help support your goals.
The purpose of this Naked Energy review is for us to take a close look at this particular supplement from all angles as we look to see where it stands in comparison to the top products on the market right now.
We’re going to take a close look at the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and more as we look to see whether Naked Energy deserves a place on our list of the best pre workout supplements on sale at the moment.
So, without further ado, let’s start taking a close look at Naked Energy to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
Naked Energy Pre Workout – The Basics
As we’ve clearly already gathered, Naked Energy is a pre workout supplement that’s been specifically formulated for men and women, to help support your fitness goals.
Unlike a lot of other similar supplements on the market, this product has been formulated to be Vegan friendly and claims to contain no added sweeteners, colors or flavors.
This sounds pretty good to us, as a lot of pre workout supplements are packed full of artificial sweeteners and colorants.
The product listing on Amazon says that this supplement is made in the USA and contains natural amino acids, vitamins and caffeine from unroasted coffee beans.
It has been specifically designed to help support you through periods of exercise as you look to try and achieve your fitness goals.
We always like to see pre workouts that use clean ingredients and labels, and it’s refreshing to come across a product that has been designed in this way.
During our supplement reviews, we’ve learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to focus on the ingredients formula to see whether a product is actually going to be effective or not.
So, with that in mind, let’s now move on to the most important section of our Naked Energy review – the all-important ingredients formula.
Let’s begin this part of our review by taking a close look at the actual Naked Energy Pre Workout ingredients formula.
Firstly, we should praise the manufacturers for not using a proprietary blend with this supplement.
This means that we are clearly shown the exact doses of all of the different ingredients. We tend to avoid products that use proprietary blends, so it’s great to see that’s not the case with Naked Energy.
Let’s now start taking a closer look at the actual ingredients in the Naked Energy pre workout formula.
• Vitamin C – This is not the most common ingredient for a pre workout supplement. You no doubt already know about the benefits of Vitamin C. In case you didn’t know, Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function. It’s not a bad inclusion in the Naked Energy formula at all.
• Vitamins B3 and B6 – We always like to see B Vitamins used in these kinds of supplements, because they play an important role in your overall health. In case you didn’t know, Niacin (Vitamin B3) contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release. B6 also contributes to normal energy release, so they are good inclusions in the formula.
• Vitamin B12 – B12 is another important vitamin. It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release, so it’s a good ingredient for a pre workout supplement.
• Beta-Alanine – This is a pretty common pre workout ingredient. We always like to see it used in supplements like this as it’s been shown to have a range of benefits. Many of the top pre workouts use Beta-Alanine as an ingredient, so it’s not a bad inclusion.
• Creatine Monohydrate – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient that is known to have some benefits. The only thing we would says is that some women prefer not to take a pre workout supplement that uses Creatine as an ingredient, as it is probably more popular amongst men.
• L-Arginine – This is another fairly common pre workout ingredient. We’re not huge fans of it, but it is thought to have a number of benefits.
• Caffeine – Caffeine is a popular stimulant and you probably need no introduction to it at all. It’s one of the most popular supplement ingredients on the planet. Each serving of Naked Energy contains 200mg per serving. This is a little on the high side for our liking. We usually prefer a pre workout to use around 100mg-150mg to reduce the risk of side effects. Still, it’s a good inclusion in the formula.
Although the Naked Energy Pre Workout supplement does contain a few good ingredients, there were also a few things missing from this product in our opinion.
The main ones are:
• Citrulline Malate
• Beetroot Extract
• Coconut Water Powder
It’s a bit of a shame that none of these ingredients made it into the Naked Energy formula.
In case you didn’t know, Taurine is a popular ingredient and is found in a lot of commercially-available energy drinks.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workouts on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Naked Energy Pre Workout Reviews
We took a look on Amazon to see what verified customers were saying about the Naked Energy Pre Workout.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars from around 150 reviews.
One happy customer said that the product was very effective for them, although they admitted that the taste was “terrible”.
Someone else left a one star review as they clearly didn’t like the taste. They said that it was like “taking a chilled vodka shot”, which doesn’t sound great to us.
Overall, the reviews seem to be fairly positive, with most of the complaints coming about the taste, but we guess that’s to be expected with an unflavored pre workout.
What About Side Effects?
On the whole, pre workout supplements are thought to be pretty safe, because they tend to use commonly used ingredients.
That being said, the main setback with products like this is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
The 200mg dose of Caffeine per serving of Naked Energy is a little bit on the high side for our liking. We would prefer that the dose were a bit lower, perhaps 100mg.
As always, we strongly recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
You should also always check the label carefully to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We think that the Naked Energy Pre Workout supplement is a pretty good one, especially if you’re looking for a product without a proprietary blend and any artificial sweeteners.
However, the taste may not sit well with everyone, and it’s also missing some of our favorite pre workout ingredients.
You can see our guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
As always, we like to remind our readers that a supplement is not going to replace any hard work.
Before thinking about any kind of supplementation, you should make sure that you’re sticking to a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
Pre Workout supplements can indeed help to support you as you look to hit your fitness goals.
However, they are not designed to replace a healthy lifestyle. You should always make sure that you’re ticking the important boxes of diet, exercise and rest first.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Naked Energy pre workout review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good pre workout supplement that doesn’t use any artificial sweeteners and is Vegan friendly.
That said, it doesn’t quite make it onto our list of the best pre workouts on sale right now because it’s missing a few of our favorite ingredients.