The Nectar Mattress is a medium-firm memory foam mattress that claims to be the “bed of your dreams”.
The memory foam mattress market has exploded in recent years, with more and more options available for people looking to upgrade their current mattresses.
The extra choice is great, but it can also make it tricky to decide which is the best mattress suited to your needs.
Product website: www.nectarsleep.com
The Nectar Mattress promised to deliver the best sleep of your life, and unlike many of the similar products out there, it features a ‘lifetime’ warranty and a 365-night home trial.
This Nectar Mattress review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular mattress as we look to see whether it makes it onto our list of the best memory foam mattresses on the market right now.
We’re going to take a close look at how the mattress feels, what it’s made of and what real customers are saying about it as we look to see where it stands.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the Nectar Mattress in a bit more detail.
Skip To Section
Nectar Mattress – The Basics
As we have already mentioned above, the Nectar is an all-foam mattress that has been designed to help support the perfect night’s sleep.
It’s 11 inches thick, making it slightly thicker than the 10-inch standard for the industry.
Nectar was launched in 2017 and it has since become one of the best-selling memory foam mattresses in the space.
It features four thick layers of memory foam designed to help support you while you get your all-important rest and recovery at night.
Taking a look at the marketing material on the official Nectar Mattress website, the product description says that this mattress has been designed to help make it feel as though you’re “sleeping on a cloud”.
The promotional material goes on to say that the Nectar Mattress features optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability and comfort. That all sounds pretty good to us.
The Nectar Mattress features a Tencel cooling cover, which claims to be more breathable, softer and better at absorbing moisture than standard mattress covers.
It’s always good to see when a manufacturer has deliberately addressed the issue of coolness. Memory foam mattresses have a bit of a reputation of being hotter than standard mattresses, so choosing a product which has targeted coolness as one of its main features and selling points is always a good idea.
As we mentioned above, the Nectar Mattress features four layers of foam, which is more than the standard three which many other products offer.
Here is a breakdown of the four layers of foam:
1) Quilted Gel Memory Foam – Adapts to your body contours
2) Gel Memory Foam – Distributes your weight evenly and provides cooling
3) Adaptive Hi-Core Memory Foam – Recovery foam to support your body provide bounce
4) Breathable Base Layer – Provides most of the support and offers more cooling
One of the main selling points of the Nectar Mattress is the fact that it uses two layers of gel memory foam for the top two layers.
Nectar say that they have deliberately chosen these two layers to help circulate air, adapt to your body and distribute weight evenly.
The marketing material also claims that the Nectar has been specifically made for all types of sleepers, whether your back, your stomach or your side is your preferred position.
So, now that we’ve focused on the main points about the Nectar Mattress, it’s time to start taking a look at exactly what it feels like.
What Does The Nectar Mattress Feel Like?
Like most of the memory foam mattresses on sale these days, the Nectar is marketed as a ‘medium-firm’ mattress that’s been designed for all types of sleepers.
That being said, it has a slightly softer feel than some of the other similar products on the market right now. Most specifically, the softer feel of the Nectar may make it more suited to side sleepers than back and stomach sleepers, who typically prefer a firmer mattress.
We feel that the Nectar is slightly too soft for stomach sleepers, who typically will be looking for a firmer mattress than this to support their back.
We rate the Nectar at about 6.1 on the firmness scale, with 10 being ‘firm’ and 1 being ‘soft’.
• Four Layers of Memory Foam – Unlike most of the memory foam mattresses on sale these days, the Nectar features one inch of gel memory foam incorporated into the Tencel cover. This is great, as it can provide some immediately relief and help to support your bodyweight pretty quickly. The extra layer of memory foam also means that the mattress has a little more ‘give’ making it perfect for side sleepers, who typically require mattresses to allow them to sink into them a little deeper.
• Lifetime Warranty and 365-night trial – Most of the memory foam mattresses in the industry feature a 100-night home trial and 10-year warranty. The Nectar Mattress is set apart from the others because it offers an impressive 365-night home trial and a lifetime warranty. There are not many other products out there that do this. That means that you can try the mattress at home for up to a year and if you’re not happy with it during that time, you can return it for a refund.
• Cooling Features – The Nectar Mattress has been specifically designed to offer cooling comfort throughout the night to help keep you feeling fresh. This is especially important for memory foam mattresses, which tend to be a little hotter than traditional mattresses.
• Premium price tag – The Nectar is more expensive than other memory foam mattresses on the market right now. It costs $499 for a Twin and $999 for King if you’re buying from the official Nectar Mattress website.
• Softer feel may not suit everyone – As we mentioned above, the Nectar has a slightly softer feel than the other mattresses in this category. This means that it may better suit side sleepers than stomach and back sleepers.
RELATED: The Five Best Memory Foam Mattresses
Nectar Mattress Reviews
We took a look on Amazon.com in the US to see what real customers were saying about the Nectar Mattress.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars from 979 reviews.
One delighted customer left a five-star review and said that they absolutely “love” the mattress and how they sleep on it, adding that it adapts to their body really well.
One of the more negative reviews came from somebody who left a three star review and claimed that it was “too firm” for them.
Despite this product being available on Amazon, we generally recommend buying direct from the official Nectar website, as this ensures that you’ll be fully covered by the warranty and trial.
It’s also worth keeping a close eye on the official site, as they tend to offer various discounts throughout the year.
Anything Else To Consider?
As always, the only way you’re going to know if a mattress is right for you is to sleep on it for a few nights.
It’s always important to do your research, but at the end of the day, you’ll need to give a product a go for a while to see how you get on.
It’s great to see that Nectar offer a 365-night home trial, which sets it apart from lots of the other similar products in this space.
As we’ve mentioned throughout this review, memory foam mattresses have a bit of a reputation for having a hotter feel than traditional mattresses, so this is something worth bearing in mind if you’re considering buying a product like Nectar for the first time.
We always recommend doing some of your own research before spending big on a new mattress.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Nectar Mattress review.
Overall, we’ve been pretty impressed by this softer feeling mattress. It sets itself apart by offering four layers of foam, and a 365-night home trial.
The Nectar Mattress has a slightly softer feel than a lot of the other similar products out there, and that means that it may suit side sleepers better than back and stomach sleepers.
That being said, the manufacturers themselves say that they have deliberately put together this mattress to be suitable for all sleepers, no matter your favored position.
It’s also great to see that Nectar incorporates some cooling functions to help you stay fresh during the night, as many memory foam mattresses can feel too hot for some people.
For more information and to buy: www.nectarsleep.com