NitroSurge Shred is a pre workout supplement sold on Amazon that has been designed to help you get the most out of your training.
We’re always looking to hear about the latest pre workout supplements to hit the market, so we were keen to take a close look at NitroSurge Shred by Jacked Factory because it seems to be one of the more popular products on Amazon right now.
Pre workout supplements are usually delivered as powders which are mixed with water and drunk before beginning your training session.
So, if you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about NitroSurge Shred, then you’re in the right place.
This review is going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about this particular supplement as we look to see where it stands in relation to the top pre workouts on sale right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and the side effects as we look to rate this product.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start taking a closer look at NitroSurge Shred to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
NitroSurge Shred – The Basics
NitroSurge Shred is a pre workout supplement made by a company called Jacked Factory and sold online at places such as Amazon.
It costs around $30 for a tub containing 30 servings, which makes it one of the more reasonably-priced pre workout supplements on sale these days.
It comes in a number of different flavors, including:
• Fruit Punch
• Orange Pineapple
According the the marketing material on Amazon, you will notice a different with NitroSurge Shred as soon as you take it for the first time.
It claims to be a “step up” from other pre workout supplements in the listing on Amazon.
The promotional material describes it as a “highly potent” supplement that has been formulated for both men and women.
The description on Amazon goes on to say that this supplement uses “premium, innovative ingredients” and “without any artificial food dyes or fillers”.
There is also some information about where this product is produced, and according to the marketing material, it is made in state-of-the art facilities, just like the rest of Jacked Factory’s products.
So, this all sounds pretty good to us so far.
However, we don’t usually pay too much attention to what manufacturers are saying about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to focus on the important things such as the ingredients formula and the customer reviews to get an all-round idea of whether a supplement is any good or not.
So with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important section in our NitroSurge Shred review.
Let’s being this key part of our review by looking at the actual ingredients label of NitroSurge Shred as written on the tub.
Firstly, we should praise Jacked Factory for not using a proprietary blend with this supplement.
This means that we have been clearly told the doses of each and every ingredient on the label, and they are not hidden in a blend.
This is great news, as we generally advise to stay away from any supplements that use proprietary blends to hide the doses of the ingredient used.
Let’s now begin taking a closer look at the main ingredients in the NitroSurge Shred formula.
• L-Citrulline – This is a solid place to start for any pre workout supplement. L-Citrulline is an amino acid found in watermelons that is often found in the best pre workouts on the market. It’s a solid inclusion in the NitroSurge Shred formula.
• Beta Alanine – This is another commonly used pre workout ingredient. It’s one of the main inclusions in the female pre workout Powher and it’s not a bad inclusion in the NitroSurge Shred formula.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – This is another good pre workout ingredient. Most of the top supplements in this category contain at least some L-Carnitine, which is another amino acid that is thought to have some benefits. We were pleased to find L-Carnitine in the NitriSurge Shred formula.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is the main ingredient in most pre workout supplements. You no doubt already know all about Caffeine and its effects. Most pre workouts contain a little bit of Caffeine to help support you through your workouts. The 180mg dose per serving is slightly more than we would like. Generally speaking, we recommend a dose of around 100mg to 150mg for a pre workout supplement. The higher the dose of Caffeine, the higher the risk of side effects.
• L-Theanine – An amino acid found in tea leaves, this is another decent ingredient. You’ll often find L-Theanine paired with Caffeine in the same supplement, as is the case with NitroSurge Shred. It’s another good inclusion in the NitroSurge Shred formula.
• Black Pepper Extract – This ingredient is often added to pre workout supplements and other products as it is claimed to boost the overall effectiveness. It’s a decent inclusion and one that is often overlooked in pre workouts.
The NitroSurge Shred has some pretty good things in it and we were happy to see that it doesn’t use a proprietary blend.
That being said, there were also a few important ingredients missing from the formula in our opinion.
For example, there was no Vitamins B6 or B12 included. This is a shame, because both B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
It was also a shame not to find any Taurine in the formula. Taurine is a common inclusion in many commercially-available energy drinks.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
NitroSurge Shred Reviews
We took a look online to see what real customers were saying about NitroSurge Shred.
At the time of writing, it had more than 750 reviews from customers on Amazon and had an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good.
One happy customer said that this product had quickly become their favorite pre workout supplement as they rated it five stars.
However, one negative review came from someone who left a one-star review and said that they didn’t really experience any benefits.
Overall, the customer feedback about NitroSurge Shred seems to be fairly positive.
What About Side Effects?
As always, you should carefully check the ingredients label before taking any new supplement to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
The 180mg dose of Caffeine in NitroSurge Shred is a decent one and shouldn’t cause too many problems. That said, you may have to be careful if you’re taking in Caffeine from other sources.
Because of the Caffeine content, we do not recommend taking this supplement too close to bedtime.
You should always speak to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t quite rate NitroSurge Shred as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It has some good ingredients and doesn’t use a proprietary blend, which is good news.
However, it’s missing some important things such as B Vitamins, and the Caffeine dose is slightly higher than our maximum recommended amount of 150mg.
You can see our guide to the top pre workouts on sale right now via the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
You should remember that there is no such thing as a magic supplement to solve your fitness problems.
The first things you should always to is make sure that you’re making the right lifestyle choices – and that means sticking to a healthy diet and exercise regime.
A supplement can help to support your goals, but it is not going to do the hard work for you on its own.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our NitroSurge Shred Pre Workout review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good pre workout supplement that uses some solid ingredients and has some good customer feedback.
However, we don’t quite rate it as one of the very best pre workouts on the market right now, mainly because it’s missing things like B Vitamins, and the dose of Caffeine is a little bit high for our liking.