Opti-Fit is a supplement made by the very popular brand Optimum Nutrition.
It’s Optimum Nutrition’s main product targeted towards the US market, and it’s very popular on retail websites such as Amazon.
It’s got thousands of reviews on Amazon, and seems to be one of the more popular supplements on sale these days.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
The purpose of this Opti-Fit review is for us to take a close look at this supplement to see where it stands in comparison to the best so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements on the market right now.
We’re fans of the Optimum Nutrition brand, so we’re hoping that this particular product lives up to expectations.
Let’s start off by taking a look at the basic facts to be aware of.
Skip To Section
Opti-Fit – The Basics
Opti-Fit is marketed as Optimum Nutrition’s main thermogenic offering.
It’s geared towards both men and women and much of the marketing material makes a song and a dance about the fact that it contains 200mg of Caffeine.
The official marketing material says this this product will work in a number of different ways.
Interestingly, Optimum Nutrition have chosen against making outlandish claims with this supplement, and have instead opted to keep things fairly straightforward. That’s good to see.
They simply says that this is a “weight support” supplement designed to help you on your journey.
We like this, as too many products these days make ridiculous claims that simply cannot be backed up.
As always though, the proof will be in the ingredients formula, the servings and the customer reviews.
So let’s now crack on and start to assess whether this is a supplement worth your attention or not.
Let’s begin this important section by taking a look at the ingredients list to see what Opti-Fit is really made of.
As you can see, Opti-Fit uses quite a lot of ingredients in this product.
• Caffeine – A solid place to start for any good supplement. Caffeine is one of the most popular stimulants in the world and it has a great deal of research into it. We always like to see it included in supplements like this, so it’s a decent addition to the Opti-Fit formula.
• Green Tea Extract – Another good ingredient. Green Tea extract is a popular (and effective) substance, and it’s also a commonly used hot drink. It’s one of the top ingredients for a supplement like this, so we were pleased to find it in the Opti-Fit formula.
• Guarana Extract – Another ingredient which works in basically the same way as Caffeine. It’s not a bad inclusion. The only slight gripe we have here is that fact that Optimum Nutrition have chosen to include it alongside Caffeine, which seems a bit unnecessary to us. One of the other would have been better.
• Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI – This is an amino acid that is sometimes found in pre workout supplements. Optimum Nutrition have certainly done their best to ensure that you’ll be feeling on point while taking Opti-Fit.
• Red Pepper Extract – This ingredient is commonly found in the top products in this category, and it’s similar to Cayenne Pepper. Generally speaking, the best supplements on the market tend to include some sort of Red or Cayenne Pepper extract, so it’s good to see it in Opti-Fit.
• Black Pepper Extract – This ingredient won’t directly help with the primary purpose of this product, but Black Pepper Extract is a good addition to any kind of supplement. We always look for it and most of the top products contain at least some Black Pepper Extract. When looking for a supplement of any kind, look for a small dose of Black Pepper Extract on the ingredients label. It’s likely to mean it’s a better product.
Opti-Fit also includes some B Vitamins, which are great for overall health.
Although the Opti-Fit ingredients formula is actually pretty good, as we touched on above, it was a bit disappointing to see that there doesn’t seem to have been much attention paid towards things other than stimulants.
There were also a couple of our other favorite ingredients missing from this supplement.
The main ingredients missing from this supplement in our opinion are:
• Green Coffee Bean Extract
Glucomannan a dietary fiber found in the root of the Konjac plant and is commonly found in the top supplements in this category.
Green Coffee Bean Extract is another great ingredient. That’s because it’s rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. Most of the top supplements on the market use Green Coffee Bean as one of their prime ingredients.
You can take a look at our pick of the leading five supplements on the market at the moment by following the link shown below.
At the time of writing, there were more than 1,400 Opti-Fit reviews on Amazon. It had an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, which seems pretty positive.
Unfortunately, the product has been bundled in the same listing as Optimum Nutrition’s other Opti-Fit range, and we found that most of the reviews were for Opti-Women.
One person did leave a one-star review for the Opti-Fit supplement and said that they honestly didn’t feel that this product made any difference for them.
What About Side Effects?
As we always say, the main thing to look for in these kinds of supplements when it comes to side-effects is the over-use of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Each two capsules of Opt-Fit contain 200mg of Caffeine, which is just about OK, but adding the 30mg of Guarana seems unnecessary to us.
We already know that consuming too much Caffeine can cause problems such as the jitters and energy crashes.
Aside from stimulants, we also always think that it’s a good idea for you to take a close look at the ingredients label and do your own research before taking any supplement for the first time. You should always be aware of what it is you’re putting in your body.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
The Opti-Fit fat burner is a decent product with some good ingredients, but it falls short of being one of the very best supplements on the market right now.
It was a shame that Opti-Fit didn’t contain any Glucomannan, and it was disappointing not to find any Green Coffee Bean Extract in the product.
We also feel that Optimum Nutrition have over-done it a little bit on the stimulants by combining Guarana with Caffeine.
Anything Else To Consider?
We always say that you shouldn’t expect any supplement to have miracle effects.
You should always make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point before considering taking any new product for the first time.
Once you’ve got the solid building blocks in place, then adding a quality supplement to your regimen can make a big difference to your results, but it really should be the last piece in the jigsaw.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Opti-Fit review.
Overall, this is a decent product which contains a solid number of good ingredients.
It’s let down by the fact that it doesn’t seem to include any ingredients such as Glucomannan or Green Coffee Bean – and the stimulant content is on the higher side than what we would usually recommend for a supplement in this category.
In summary, Opti-Fit is a good product, but there are plenty of better supplement options on the market right now.