Performix Ion Pre Workout is a supplement sold on Amazon and elsewhere online, and that has been designed to help support your workout goals.
If you’re looking to find out whether Performix Ion Pre Workout is a pre workout worth trying, then you’ve arrived on the right page.
This Performix Ion Pre Workout review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement to help you decide whether it’s the right product for you, or if your money would be better spent on something else.
We’re going to be paying particular attention to the ingredients formula, the dosages and the customer reviews as we look to see exactly where this supplement stands in relation to our pick of the best pre workout supplements on the market at the moment.
There are many different pre workouts on sale these days, but sometimes it can be hard to pick the right one for your needs. That’s where this review comes in.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a close look at the Performix Ion Pre Workout to see exactly where it stands.
Skip To Section
Performix Ion Pre Workout – The Basics
As we’ve already noted, the Performix Ion Pre Workout is a supplement sold on Amazon, where it currently costs around $25 for a tub containing 20 servings.
The marketing material says that this supplement is a “MultiPhase” pre workout supplement that will help to support you as you look to achieve your fitness goals this year.
The Performix Ion Pre Workout comes in a number of different flavors, including:
• Blue Ice
• Ice Punch
The marketing material of this supplement says that it uses “patented” technology to help deliver its impressive effects. It also claims to be a “multi-phase bead” pre workout.
There are a number of claims made about this supplement on the official listing on Amazon, as is usually the case with products like this.
But does this supplement live up to the hype or not?
We’ve generally learnt not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products. It’s usually better to focus on the important things such as the customer reviews and the ingredients formula when judging a supplement.
So, with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important part of our Performix Ion Pre Workout review – the all important ingredients formula.
Let’s begin this crucial part of our review by taking a close look at the actual ingredients formula of Performix Ion Pre Workout, as printed on the tub.
It’s a real shame to see that Performix have chosen to use a proprietary blend with this supplement.
In case you didn’t already know, a proprietary blend is where the manufacturers of a supplement choose not to disclose the doses of the separate ingredients, and instead only reveal the dose of the total ‘blend’.
We generally advise to stay away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as we don’t think that there is any excuse for a manufacturer not to be totally transparent with their customers.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Performix Ion Pre Workout formula.
• Niacin – Also known as Vitamin B3, this is a relatively common pre workout supplement ingredient. It’s found in a lot of the leading pre workout supplements out there right now, and it’s not a bad inclusion because it contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release.
• Vitamin B12 – We always like to see B Vitamins included in supplements like this. B12 in particular contributes to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, so you can see why it’s been included in the formula here.
• Calcium – You have probably already heard all about Calcium as an essential mineral. Calcium contributes to normal energy release and normal muscle function, so you can see why it’s been included in the Perfomix Ion Pre Workout formula.
• Beta-Alanine – This is a very common ingredient and you’ll find it in a lot of the top pre workouts on the market these days. It’s one of the main ingredients in the female pre workout Powher.
• Citrulline Malate – Again, this is a common pre workout ingredient, and we were pleased to find it in the Performix Ion Pre Workout ingredients formula. That being said, we were disappointed that we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend here.
• Creatine HCl – You probably already know all about Creatine and its benefits. It’s obviously common as a post workout ingredient, but it’s also commonly added in small doses to many of the top pre workout supplements out there.
• Bitter Orange – This is not the most common pre workout ingredient. Bitter Orange is found in a few so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements, but we don’t really like to see it used too much, as we have found multiple reports of side effects online. Simply put, we are not huge fans of this ingredient.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – This is a fairly common pre workout ingredient. A lot of the top products use it as an ingredient, so we were pleased to find it in the formula here.
• Caffeine – You no doubt already know all about Caffeine and its benefits. It’s an incredibly popular stimulant that is consumed by millions of people on a daily basis. It’s good that it’s not included in the proprietary blend and that means we know the total dose used, which is 175mg. Generally speaking, we recommend choosing a pre workout that uses around 100mg of Caffeine per serving, so this is a little bit high for our liking.
The Performix Ion Pre Workout formula has some pretty good things in it, it’s just a shame that we don’t know a lot of the doses because of the use of a proprietary blend.
It would have been good to see Vitamin B6 included as one of the vitamins, as it contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy release.
It was also a shame not to find any Beet Root Extract of Coconut Water Powder in this supplement.
You can check out our guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now, by following the link shown below.
Performix Ion Pre Workout Reviews
We did a little bit of digging online to see what real customers are saying about this supplement.
At the time of writing, Performix Ion Pre Workout had 155 reviews on Amazon, with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said this was one of their top-two rated pre workouts on the market right now.
Someone else left a one-star review and reported that the supplement was not as potent as they had hoped.
There were also various complaints about users being sent the wrong sized tub, but that is presumably an issue with Amazon and not the product itself.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to check when it comes to pre workout side effects is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Each serving of Performix Ion Pre Workout contains 175mg of Caffeine, which is relatively sensible, but you should still bear this mind if you’re consuming Caffeine from other sources.
As this supplement does contain a fair amount of Caffeine, we would not recommend taking this product too close to bedtime.
It’s also important to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time, and to check the label to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently recommend Performix Ion Pre Workout as one of the very best supplements on the market in this category.
That’s mainly because it uses a proprietary blend, and it’s also missing a number of our favorite pre workout ingredients.
Remember that you can check out our guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Never expect a supplement to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and training hard before even thinking about using a supplement.
A good supplement can help to support you on your journey when used correctly, but it cannot make up for bad lifestyle habits.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Performix Ion Pre Workout review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK supplement that is let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend.
It is also missing a few of our favorite ingredients that we like to see in a pre workout.
Simply put, we think that there are other better options out there right now.