The Powher ‘Fat Burner’ is a vegan-friendly, female-focused supplement made by a company called Ultimate Life.
Product website: www.powherofficial.com
As you may have guessed by its name, Powher fits into a broader range of supplements known as ‘fat burners’.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements have not been proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
Instead, they can provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may (or may not) bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
We want to be responsible when we write content about products in this sometimes-controversial category, so we feel it’s best to make these points clearly early on.
This purpose of this Powher review is for us to take a detailed and close look at this particular supplement.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to Powher’s ingredients, their doses and the directions that come with the supplement.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The content of our articles is not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always best to speak with your doctor or a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet or exercise routine, or trying a new supplement.
So, with the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a closer look at Powher in a bit more detail.
Jump To Section
Powher ‘Fat Burner’ – The Basics
Powher is a vegan-friendly, female-focused ‘fat burner’ supplement made by a company called Ultimate Life, who are the same manufacturers behind the popular Leanbean supplement.
There are a range of different supplements on offer under the Powher brand name, including a pre workout supplement by the same name.
The official Powher website claims that this supplement has been specifically formulated for women, to be combined with a healthy lifestyle.
Each bottle of Powher contains 180 capsules, which is the equivalent of a 30-day supply.
Powher is certainly one of the more expensive supplements on offer in this category. At the time of writing, one bottle costs $65 / £45, although there are discounts available on the price per bottle if you’re willing to buy more than one at a time from the official site.
The Powher ‘Fat Burner’ ingredients formula contains seven active ingredients, including some minerals and plant extracts.
Of course, in an ideal world, we should be able to get all of the vitamins and minerals we require from a varied and healthy diet, but supplements can help to make up for a potential shortfall in certain nutrients.
The main ingredient in the Powher formula is a dietary fiber called Glucomannan, which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. We’ll get into a bit more detail as to why this can be a good ingredient below.
So, now that we’ve covered some of the basic things you need to know about the Powher ‘Fat Burner’, it’s time to start taking a closer look at the all-important ingredients formula.
As mentioned above, Powher uses seven active ingredients in its formula.
Let’s start this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of the Powher Fat Burner.
One key point to notice is that each and every ingredient is transparently displayed on the label, along with its specific dose. This is not the case with supplements that use something called a ‘proprietary blend’.
We generally prefer supplements that do not use proprietary blends, as it means that we know the exact contents of each and every capsule because of the transparent ingredients formula.
Let’s now focus on each of the ingredients in the Powher formula.
• Glucomannan – This is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. The key thing to mention when it comes to the Glucomannan in Powher is the dose amount. Each daily serving of Powher contains 3g of Glucomannan (split into three separate 1g servings), which contributes to weight loss in the context of an energy restricted diet. Many supplements in this category use Glucomannan as an ingredient, but not all of them use it in a dose deemed to be effective.
• Choline – This is an essential nutrient that we need to get from our diet. Each daily serving of Powher contains 90mg of Choline, which contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism.
• Natural Caffeine – This ingredient needs no introduction, as it’s one of the most popular stimulants on the planet. Powher uses ‘Natural Caffeine’ from Coffee Arabica. Each daily serving of Powher contains 100mg of Caffeine (which works out at about 16.7mg of Caffeine per capsule). 100mg is about the same amount of Caffeine that you’d expect to find in a regular cup of coffee.
• Iron – This is an important mineral which we need to get from our diet. In case you didn’t know, Iron helps with normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Each daily dose of Powher Cut contains 18mg of Iron, which works out at 3mg of Iron per capsule.
• Magnesium – This is another mineral which we need to get from our nutrition to help support various functions in the body. Magnesium plays a number of important roles in the body, and contributes to normal energy release as well as the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Magnesium is also known to help with electrolyte balance and with normal protein synthesis. Each daily dose of Powher contains 100mg of Magnesium.
• Chromium – Chromium is an essential trace element found in some foods. It contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism, as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose (blood sugar) levels. Each daily dose of Powher contains 120mcg of Chromium Picolinate.
• Selenium – Selenium is an essential dietary mineral that can play a role in keeping your thyroid functioning normally. It also contributes to the normal function of the immune system and the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Each daily dose of Powher contains 164mcg of Selenium.
As we mentioned above, when it comes to the minerals and trace elements in the Powher formula, it’s worth remembering that you should be able to get enough of these from a varied and balanced diet.
However, taking a supplement which contains them can help to protect against potential shortfalls in certain important nutrients, which can sometimes become an issue when you’re dieting.
How To Take It
Each bottle of the Powher ‘Fat Burner’ contains 180 capsules, which is the equivalent of a 30-day supply.
The directions say that you should simply take two capsules, with a big glass of water, three times per day (six capsules in total per day).
The directions also suggest that you should take each serving before eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It’s important to carefully check the label for all of the directions and warnings before taking any supplement. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Due to the Caffeine content in this supplement, it’s likely best not to take this product within about six hours of when you plan to go to sleep.
What About Side Effects?
One concern with supplements in general is the potential for them to cause unwanted side effects.
We recommend that you speak to your doctor before taking a new supplement or making any major lifestyle changes, as they’ll be able to give you some personalized and tailored advice for your specific situation.
For example, we already know that too much Caffeine can cause problems for some people, especially if you’re already consuming Caffeine from other sources.
As far as Powher is concerned, the 100mg dose of Caffeine (per daily serving) is about the same amount you’d expect to find in a regular cup of coffee. Each capsule of Powher contains around 16.7mg of Caffeine.
If you’re looking for a Caffeine-free supplement, then Powher’s sister product Leanbean may be a better option for you.
As mentioned above, because of the use of Caffeine in this supplement, albeit in a fairly modest amount, it’s best not to take it too close to bedtime.
It’s important that you carefully check the label for any warnings and that you do not exceed the recommended dose.
It’s important that the capsules are swallowed with enough water to allow them to reach your stomach quickly. Indeed, the directions say that each serving of two capsules should be consumed with one to two big glasses of water.
You should not take this supplement if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or under the age of 18. You should consult with your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking any prescription medication.
Pros and Cons
Let’s now weigh up some of the pros and cons when it comes to the Powher ‘Fat Burner’.
• Clear formula with effective doses – Each daily serving contains 3g of Glucomannan, which helps with weight loss in the context of an energy-restricted diet.
• Key minerals – Powher can help to make up for potential shortfalls in certain important nutrients such as Iron, Potassium and Selenium.
• Vegan friendly formula – Powher is suitable for both vegans and vegetarians. It’s also Non-GMO, gluten-free and soy-free.
• Expensive – There’s no getting away from the fact that this supplement carries a premium price tag.
• Limited availability – You can only buy it directly from the manufacturer on the official website. It’s not available in stores or on Amazon.
• No vitamins – Most other similar supplements in this category contain vitamins such as B6 and B12.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Anything Else To Consider?
As we have already mentioned at the start of this article, there is no ‘magic pill’ supplement that will work wonders on its own.
It’s best to view supplements like Powher as a ‘companion’ that can fit in alongside your varied diet, sensible workout plan and healthy overall lifestyle.
In other words, supplements are not intended to replace a balanced and varied diet. Rather, they can be viewed as a potential ‘addition’ to the right healthy lifestyle choices.
When it comes to the supplements in this category, it’s worth bearing in mind that generally it’s the individual ingredients themselves (rather than the products as a whole) that can bring some benefits to the table and make up for potential shortfalls in certain important nutrients.
As mentioned above, it’s usually best to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Powher ‘Fat Burner’ Review Conclusion
So, that brings us to the end of our Powher ‘Fat Burner’ Review.
We’ve walked you through the key points to bear in mind when it comes to this female-focused and vegan-friendly supplement.
The ingredients formula is a pretty simple one. Powher uses seven active ingredients, including an effective dose of the dietary fiber Glucomannan.
Powher contains 100mg of Caffeine per daily serving, so if you’re looking for a lower-stimulant option, it may be better to consider the sister product Leanbean.
The main downsides when it comes to Powher is the fact that it’s a bit on the expensive side, and it doesn’t use any essential vitamins in its formula.
Overall, though, we think that Powher is a well-dosed, vegan-friendly supplement that looks like it would be a perfect companion to a healthy diet and active lifestyle.