Pre-Kaged is a pre workout supplement made by Kaged Muscle which has been designed to help support your health and fitness goals.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about this particular supplement, then you’ve landed on the right page.
We’re going to be paying close attention to all of the important things you need to know about this supplement as we look to see where it stands in relation to the top products in this category right now.
In particular, we’re going to examine the ingredients, the dosages and customer reviews to see if Pre-Kaged deserves a place on our list of the best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
There are so many different supplements on the market in this category that sometimes it can be difficult to pick out the best one for you.
Hopefully this review will help you to decide whether Pre-Kaged is a pre workout supplement that you should go for or not.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s get start and start taking a closer look at Pre-Kaged from all angles.
Skip To Section
Pre-Kaged – The Basics
As we have already covered, Pre-Kaged is a pre workout supplement made by Kaged Muscle which has been designed to help you to hit your fitness goals.
Pre workout supplements are powders that are designed to be mixed with water and consumed before beginning your training session.
Pre-Kaged currently comes in four different flavors:
• Berry Blast
• Fruit Punch
• Krisp Apple
• Orange Krush
You can buy Pre-Kaged from a number of online outlets, including bodybuilding.com and Amazon.
It currently costs around $38 for a tub containing 20 servings, making it one of the pricier pre workout supplements out there right now.
The marketing material on the bodybuilding.com website says that this supplement is like “nothing else” on the market.
The promotional material also says that this supplement uses a “revolutionary formula” that will help to support your health and fitness goals.
In the product description, it goes on to say that that the supplement will help you to “crush” your personal records and get the most out of your time spent training.
This all sounds pretty good, but we don’t pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
Instead, it’s generally better to focus on the important things such as the ingredients formula and dosages, as we look to see exactly where this supplement stands.
So with that in mind, let’s move on to the next important part of our Pre-Kaged review.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual Pre-Kaged ingredients formula as printed on the tub.
As you can see for yourself, this supplement has a pretty exhaustive ingredients list. More is not necessarily better when it comes to supplements like this.
It’s also disappointing that a lot of the ingredient dosages have been hidden within a proprietary blend. This means that we don’t actually know the doses of a lot of the ingredients, which is far from ideal.
Let’s now focus on some of the main ingredients in the Pre-Kaged formula.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important B Vitamins which play key roles in a number of processes in the body. For example, both Vitamins B6 and B12 contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. We always like to see them used in supplements like this.
• L-Citrulline – This is an amino acid found primarily in watermelons. It’s a great pre workout ingredient and you’ll find it in most of the top products in this category. Each serving of Pre-Kaged contains 6.5g of L-Citrulline, which is a generous dose.
• Beta-Alanine – Another common pre workout ingredient, Beta-Alanine is believed to have a number of benefits, so it was good to see it on the label here.
• Creatine – You probably already know about Creatine as a popular post-workout supplement, but it’s also a commonly used pre-workout ingredient. It’s a good addition to the Pre-Kaged formula.
• Coconut Water Powder – This is a great ingredient which is sometimes overlooked by manufacturers. Coconut Water seems to be all the rage these days and it was good to find it in the formula here.
• Taurine – A common ingredient in many commercially-available energy drinks, you can probably guess why Taurine has been included in this pre workout. It’s a good addition to the formula.
• N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine – L-Tyrosine is one of the 20 amino acids that is used to synthesize proteins in the body.
• Caffeine – One of the most common pre workout ingredients. You’ll need no introduction to Caffeine and its benefits. Each serving of Pre-Kaged uses 274mg of Caffeine per serving. This is a little bit too high for our liking. We prefer products that only use a maximum of 100mg per serving.
• Green Tea Extract – Not the most common ingredient for a pre workout. Green Tea Extract is usually found in thermogenic supplements rather than pre workouts. It’s not a bad inclusion, but we don’t know the dose because it’s part of the proprietary blend.
The Pre-Kaged formula is not a bad one at all, and it certainly ticks a lot of the boxes when it comes to what we look for in supplements in this category.
The main disappointing thing about this supplement is that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of certain ingredients, which we never like to see.
One ingredient that we would have liked to have seen used in this supplement is Beetroot Extract.
You can see our updated guide to the leading pre workout supplements on the market right now by following the link shown below.
We did a little bit of digging to see what real customers are saying about Pre-Kaged.
At the time of writing, there were more than 1,800 reviews on bodybuilding.com, and it had an average rating of 9.3 out of 10.
One happy customer left a 10/10 review and claimed that this supplement helped to give them “intense focus” and hit their goals.
One more negative review came from somebody who left a 6/10 review and said that they felt that their endurance was lower after having taken the supplement.
What About Side Effects?
The main thing to be careful of with pre workout supplements is the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine.
Caffeine is a powerful stimulant that can cause a number of unwanted side-effects if used too much.
Each serving of Pre-Kaged contains 274mg of Caffeine, which is quite a lot, so this could be a problem for some people.
You should carefully check the label before taking Pre-Kaged to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients it uses.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Pre-Kaged as one of the very best pre workout supplements on the market right now.
It contains a lot of solid ingredients but we feel that the Caffeine dose is too high, and it hides a lot of the substances inside a proprietary blend.
You can check out our guide to the top pre workouts on the market right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that there is no such thing as a ‘magic supplement’ to solve your health and fitness problems.
You should always make sure that you’re sticking to a good diet and training regime before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
We also strongly recommend speaking to a certified medical professional before taking Pre-Kaged or any other new supplement.
Supplements can be great additions to your health and fitness regime – but they will not do the hard work for you on their own.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Pre-Kaged pre workout review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent supplement made by a reputable company.
However, we feel that this product is let down by its use of too many ingredients, and the fact that it hides some of the doses inside a proprietary blend.
Simply put, we believe that there are other products out there that out-perform this one.