We’re always on the lookout for the latest supplements to hit the market, and that’s how our Prime Test review has come about.
Prime Test is a supplement made by a company called Prime Labs, and it’s currently available to buy on Amazon and elsewhere online.
In case you didn’t know, the best so-called ‘testosterone booster’ supplements work by giving your body what it needs to help you achieve your goals.
It’s important to realise that most of the products in this category, including the ones featured on this page, have not been proven to boost testosterone levels.
They are usually simply food supplements which contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
Prime Labs’ product is one of the more popular supplements available on Amazon these days, so we were keen to take a closer look at the product from angles to see where it stands in comparison to the competition.
The purpose of this Prime Test review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles so we can determine how good this product is and where it stands in comparison to the competition.
We’re going to take a close look at the ingredients formula, the customer reviews and all of the other important things that you need to know about this product to see where it ranks.
So with the introductions out of the way, let’s now begin our Prime Test review by taking a close look at the basic facts of this supplement.
Skip To Section
Prime Test – The Basics
As we’ve already deduced, Prime Test is a supplement made by Prime Labs and sold on Amazon.
It claims to work to help support your goals as you look to take your results to the next level.
According to the official marketing material, Prime Test will work in three main ways to help support your goals.
It’s good that this supplement has been formulated to work in multiple ways to help you on your journey.
The marketing material also says that Prime Test will help you to “recapture your youthful strength”.
The supplement claims to help you reclaim your “dwindling” results to help you turn back the clock and get you performing and feeling at your best.
We’ve heard it all before when it comes to the marketing hype regarding supplements, so we’re now going to take a close look at the ingredients formula to see whether this product can actually deliver on its claims or not.
Let’s begin this section by looking at the actual ingredients formula as printed on the bottle of Prime Test itself:
Before we get into the actual ingredients, it was really disappointing to note that Prime Test uses a proprietary blend in its formula.
This is when the supplement manufacturer chooses not to fully disclose the doses of the ingredients used.
In our opinion, proprietary blends are one of the biggest gimmicks in the health and fitness supplement industry. They are just an easy way for the manufacturers to get away with not fully disclosing the doses of the ingredients used.
Blends also make it nearly impossible to correctly judge the effectiveness of the supplement because we don’t actually know how much of each ingredient is being used.
Let’s now focus on the ingredients that Prime Test does contain.
• Horny Goat Weed – This is a nutrient often found in supplements like this because it’s believed to have some benefits. However, there isn’t much actual scientific evidence to back this up, and we don’t rate it as one of the very best ingredients around right now.
• Tongkat Ali – Also known as LongJack, this is another ingredient often found in similar supplements. However, it’s not believed to be particularly effective in actually doing that much. Simply put, Prime Labs could have chosen a more effective and proven ingredient in its place.
• Saw Palmetto – This is unlikely to directly have an effect with regards to the primary purpose of this product, but it may bring some other benefits. Saw Palmetto is well known for its ability to help promote prostate certain benefits.
• Orchic Substance – This is essentially an extract taken from bull’s testes. Consuming this is not a particularly pleasant thought. And sadly, there’s not much evidence to suggest that it will actually help with much either.
• Wild Yam – This ingredient is also known as Dioscorea Villosa. It’s widely marketed as a natural remedy for certain things. It’s thought that it could help with certain things, but there’s little evidence to suggest it will actually be able to help with the direct purpose of this product.
• Sarsparilla – This is another name for a plant extract called Muira Puama. It has a long history of use in some traditional medicines. It is thought that it could help to promote certain things, but there isn’t much evidence to back this up.
• Nettle Extract – This is one of the better ingredients in Prime Test. It’s thought that Nettle Extract can help to support you as you look to hit your goals. It’s a decent inclusion in in the Prime Test formula.
• Boron – This is another solid ingredient in the Prime Test formula. It’s a mineral that has various claims about it made online. The final two ingredients in the Prime Test formula are definitely the most effective, so it’s good to see them both in this supplement.
Aside from the proprietary blend, Prime Test does contain a few good ingredients.
Sadly though, there are also some key ingredients missing from this product which prevent it from being one of the top supplements around. They are:
• D-Aspartic Acid
• Vitamin D3
Zinc and Magnesium are two key minerals that your body needs in trace amounts. In case you didn’t know, Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal serum testosterone levels.
Zinc and Magnesium should really be the building blocks of any quality supplement in this category.
It was also a shame that Prime Test doesn’t contain any D-Aspartic Acid. It’s usually one of the first things we look for in a product like this, so it was disappointing not to find it in this supplement.
Remember to check out our guide to the leading supplements on the market right now by taking a look at our dedicated buyer’s guide by clicking on the link below.
Prime Test Reviews
At the time of writing, there were more than 11,000 Prime Test reviews on Amazon, which is a huge amount.
Prime Test has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is pretty good for a product which has so many reviews.
The positive reviews focused on men who said that they had felt that it had reinvigorated them, with one man in his 50s saying that he had noticed an increase in his “desires”.
However, there were also some negative reviews as well. One person said that they had finished the whole bottle and noticed “zero” difference, which isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement.
Prime Test Side Effects
Prime Test uses some pretty safe ingredients, so there is a pretty low risk of side effects.
That being said, it’s still not ideal that we don’t know the individual doses of the ingredients because of the proprietary blend.
We do always recommend that you do some of your own research into the ingredients before trying any new supplement for the first time.
We do also recommend that you speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not in our opinion. Prime Test does contain a handful of decent ingredients but any positives are negated by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to conceal the doses of the individual ingredients.
With all that in mind, our conclusion is that there are some much better options on the market right now if you’re looking for a supplement in this category.
Anything Else To Consider?
Always remember that a supplement won’t help if you’re not making the right lifestyle choices.
You should always make sure that your diet and training regime are on point before considering adding any kind of supplement to your regimen.
That being said, if you are able to add a quality supplement to your regimen and you’re already making sensible lifestyle decisions, then a product in this category can make a big difference to your results.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Prime Test review.
Overall, we think that this is an OK product which is badly let down by the use of a proprietary blend.
The ingredients formula is missing quite a lot of important substances, but on the other hand, it has plenty of positive reviews online.
In summary, however, there are some much better products on the market right now if you’re looking for a supplement in this category.