Protein World’s Fat Metaboliser Capsules is a so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement that claims to help support you on your health and fitness journey.
Product website: www.proteinworld.com
We’re always looking to hear more about the latest supplements to hit the market and Protein World’s offering is generally considered to be a product targeted specifically at women.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that so-called ‘fat burner’ supplements are generally not proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
Rather, they can provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and plant extracts, each of which may (or may not) bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
It’s widely accepted that the main proven way to lose fat is to stick to a (sensible and well-managed) diet and exercise regimen in which you’re burning slightly more calories than you’re consuming. In other words, it’s about keeping in a slight calorie deficit over time.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
Protein World are a UK-based brand but they have recently made their products available in the USA and in other parts of the world.
Originally, you could only purchase Protein World’s products on the official website, but some of their supplements have now made their way onto the store shelves in the UK too.
The Fat Metaboliser Capsules used to be called “Fat Melter Capsules”, but Protein World were forced to change the name of the product by regulatory bodies in the UK.
The purpose of this Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles to work out where it ranks in comparison to some of the best ‘fat burners’ on the market right now.
We’re going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this supplement, from the ingredients, to the customer reviews, to potential side effects.
So, let’s get cracking and start our review of the Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules with some of the basic information about this product.
Jump To Section
Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules – The Basics
As we’ve already determined, Protein World’s products tend to be marketed towards women, so it’s safe to assume that this is generally a female-focused supplement.
That being said, there is no specific mention of this supplement being made only for women, so it’s probably OK for men to take it too.
The marketing material on the official Protein World website uses some pretty vague language, but generally this product is marketed as being a good companion to a healthy diet and sensible workout plan.
The official marketing material also says that this supplement uses “premium grade ingredients” to deliver its effects.
With the basic information regarding this supplement out of the way, it’s now time to take a close look at the Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules ingredients formula to really see where it stands in comparison to the competition.
Let’s begin this key section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients formula of the Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules, as per the label on the bottle.
The good news here that you can notice right away is that the Protein World Fat Metaboliser doesn’t use a proprietary blend, meaning that we know the exact doses of the ingredients used in each capsule.
We generally recommend staying away from supplements that use proprietary blends, as we think that they are just a convenient excuse for manufacturers to hide the doses of the ingredients they use.
Let’s now take a look at the ingredients used in the Protein World Fat Metaboliser supplement.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – We always like to see B vitamins included in supplements like this, even though they are present in lots of foods. That’s because they play a vital role in helping to contribute to normal energy release. Both B6 and B12 play a part in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This ingredient needs no introduction. You’ll definitely know all about Caffeine and its effects. The Fat Metaboliser Capsules contain 100mg of Caffeine Anhydrous per capsule. This is around the same amount you’d expect to find in a regular cup of coffee.
• Green Tea Extract – Green Tea Extract is a powerful ingredient which has some promising research behind it. You may have come across it as a hot drink, but it’s also a common inclusion in supplements in this category.
• L-Tyrosine – This is an amino acid which is produced naturally in the body and can also be found in dairy products, meats, fish, eggs and nuts. Each serving of the Fat Metaboliser Capsules contains 200mg of L-Tyrosine.
• Guarana Extract – This is another stimulant ingredient to go alongside the Caffeine. Guarana is a seed extract which is also a source of Caffeine. Each serving contains 150mg of Guarana, which is included as 22 per cent Caffeine.
• Yerba Mate Powder – This is like a ‘coffee alternative’ which comes from a type of holly tree. It’s not the most common ingredient for supplements in this category, but this product contains 100mg per serving.
• Choline – Choline is an essential nutrient found in foods such as egg yolks and spinach. It’s a decent inclusion in the Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules formula, mainly because it’s known to contribute to normal lipid (fat) metabolism, hence the name of this product!
• Alpha Lipoic Acid – Also known as ALA, this is an ingredient that we’ve found fairly often in supplements in this category. Each serving of the Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules contain 100mg of ALA.
• Cayenne Powder – Many of the supplements in this category contain Cayenne or some form of Chilli Extract. The Fat Metaboliser Capsules contain 50mg per serving.
The Protein World Fat Metaboliser uses a handful of good ingredients, but there are also a few things missing in our opinion.
Here are the three main ingredients that we feel Protein World could have added to this product:
• Green Coffee Bean Extract
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant. Many of the leading products use it as one of their ingredients – and Protein World do include it in their separate product, called ‘Hunger Buster Capsules’.
Green Coffee Bean Extract is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which has some promising research behind it.
Meanwhile, Chromium is an essential trace element which is usually found in the top supplements in this category, as well as plenty of foods.
You can check out our guide to some of the best supplements on the market right now, by clicking on the link shown below.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Protein World Fat Metaboliser Reviews
We did some digging online to find some Protein World Fat Metaboliser reviews.
Because this product has only been available on the official website until recently, the bulk of the reviews are found on the Protein World site.
One happy customer said that they loved the product and that they saw some great results from using it.
However, there were also some negative reviews, with one person leaving a two-star review and saying that the capsules affected their sleep.
This product is also available to buy on Amazon in the UK. At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars from a total of 60 ratings.
Protein World Fat Metaboliser Side Effects
As we mentioned above, the main issue with supplements in this category is usually the over-use of stimulants such as Caffeine.
This supplement includes Caffeine from multiple sources, including Caffeine Anhydrous and Guarana Extract. The label on the bottle says that each capsule contains exactly 126mg of Caffeine per serving from all sources.
This is a significant amount, and it’s probably best to avoid this product if you’re sensitive to stimulants or already consuming a lot of Caffeine from other sources.
There’s a warning on the label saying that this product is not suitable for children or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
There is also another warning saying that you must not exceed the recommended daily intake shown on the label. It also says that you must consult your doctor first if you are taking prescription medications.
The label also says that this supplement is intended to be used in conjunction with a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
There is also an allergen warning on the label saying that this supplement may contain nuts.
Generally speaking, we recommend consulting with your doctor before taking a new supplement or making any major lifestyle changes.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules uses some good ingredients. The supplement is made by a reputable brand, and it’s also Vegan and Vegetarian friendly.
You can check out our guide to some of the best supplements on the market right now by visiting the link below.
RELATED: The Best Best Fat Burner Supplements
Anything Else To Consider?
Remember, there’s no such thing as a ‘magic pill’ when it comes to your health and fitness goals.
A high-quality supplement can help to provide some important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals if you’re not getting enough of them from your diet, but it won’t replace the hard work you’ll need to do in the gym and in the kitchen if you want to see results.
Training hard and sticking to a healthy diet are always key to getting into good shape, and you should make sure that you’re doing those two things first before using any kind of supplement.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Protein World Fat Metaboliser Capsules review.
Overall, we think that this is a decent supplement which combines some important nutrients such as Choline and Vitamins B6 and B12. It also has some commonly used plant extracts such as Green Tea and Cayenne Pepper and stimulants such as Caffeine and Guarana Extract.
The main concern we have with this product is the significant Caffeine content (126mg per capsule), which may not suit everyone.