Shred Her is a female focused supplement made by NLA for Her which has been formulated to help you on your fitness journey.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest supplements to hit the market, and it’s always interesting when a product specifically designed for women comes along.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
We all know that getting into shape is not an easy task. The first things you should always do is make sure that you’re training hard and eating right.
However, sometimes we could all do with a little extra ‘push’ to help us on our way to achieving our goals.
That’s where a quality so-called ‘fat burner’ supplement can come into play.
They are supplements which contain a range of natural ingredients which have been specifically chosen for their ability to help you hit your goals.
There are so many different products in this category these days that it can quickly become difficult to determine which are the very best products on the market right now.
The purpose of this Shred Her review is for us to take a close look at this supplement from all angles to determine whether it comes close to challenging the best products on the market in this category right now.
We’re going to focus on all of the important things that you need to know about Shred Her, as we focus on the customer reviews, ingredients formula and doses.
So, let’s find out a bit more about this particular supplement see whether Shred Her can challenge our current top rated female supplement Leanbean.
Skip To Section
Shred Her – The Basics
As we’ve already deduced, Shred Her is a female focused supplement that has been designed to help support you as you take responsibility for your body.
It’s listed as one of the top selling female focused supplements on bodybuilding.com, and it’s also available to buy on Amazon and at other outlets such as GNC.
The official marketing material of Shred Her says that it’s been specifically designed to work in three main ways to support your goals.
It’s great to see that NLA have formulated this product to work in these three ways. Generally speaking, the best supplements on the market work in more than one way to achieve their results.
We already know that hitting your goals is not an easy task, so choosing a product which works in multiple ways is critical to your success.
It’s marketed as an “all natural ultra concentrated thermogenic supplement” which has been specifically formulated for women.
This all sounds pretty good to us, but we’ve really heard it all before when it comes to the manufacturer claims about this kind of supplements.
The real proof as to whether a supplement is actually going to be effective or not can be found in the ingredients formula.
So now that we know a little bit more about Shred Her, it’s time to find out whether the ingredients formula can deliver on the marketing hype or not.
Let’s begin this part by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of NLA Shred Her.
The first disappointing thing that we’ve immediately noticed about the Shred Her ingredients formula is that it uses a proprietary blend.
This is one of the things that we really don’t like to see in supplements like this, because it means that we don’t know the doses of the actual ingredients used.
We generally recommend that you stay away from products which use proprietary blends, as it means that it’s incredibly difficult to tell whether the product is actually going to be effective or not.
Anyway, let’s now start taking a close look at the Shred Her ingredients formula.
• Green Tea – Green Tea is a solid ingredient for any supplement in this category. As well as being packed full of anti-oxidants, Green Tea is a powerful ingredient which has made its way into a lot of different supplements recently. It’s good to see it in the Shred Her NLA ingredients formula.
• Taurine – An ingredient which is actually common in commercially-available energy drinks such as Red Bull. There are some suggestions that Taurine could help to improve the efficiency of your workouts. However, we don’t currently rate Taurine as one of the very best ingredients out there right now.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – A solid ingredient for any supplement in this category. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant that can support your goals and keep you feeling on point, even if you’re cutting back on the calories. The disappointing thing here is that we don’t know the dose of Caffeine used because of the proprietary blend, meaning that we could be at risk of side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes later in the day.
• Bitter Orange – This is a relatively common supplement ingredient, but it’s not one of our favorites. There is some evidence to suggest that Bitter Orange can help with certain things. However, we don’t like to see it used in supplements because it’s believed to cause negative side effects when combined with Caffeine in the same supplement.
• Green Coffee Bean – This is another good ingredient in the Shred Her formula. Green Coffee Beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. Again though, despite this being a great ingredient, it’s just a shame that we don’t know if the dose is big enough to be effective because of the proprietary blend.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is a decent ingredient. It’s believed that Raspberry Ketones can help in a number of ways to support your goals. It’s an OK inclusion, but there are definitely some better ingredients that could have been used instead.
• Ursolic Acid – Not the most common ingredient. It’s a molecule found in apple peel and rosemary that has been linked to some benefits. However, there is not a great deal of evidence to back up these claims, and so we would have preferred to have seen a more proven ingredient used in its place.
• Guarana – This is another stimulant to add to the Caffeine in Shred Her. Guarana is not a bad ingredient by itself, it’s just that when it’s added to Caffeine Anhydrous in the same supplement, it greatly increases the risk of side-effects such as the jitters or energy crashes. Matters are made worse by the fact that we don’t know the doses of either of the ingredients because of the proprietary blend.
The NLA Shred Her ingredients formula does actually contain a few decent things, but it’s still missing some of our top rated supplement ingredients.
The main omissions are:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne Pepper is one of the best ingredients around because of it’s ability to have some significant benefits thanks to its spicy nature. Along with Green Tea, it’s really a must for a supplement in this category.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber taken from the root of the Konjac plant, and which has been shown to have some significant benefits.
Black Pepper Extract, meanwhile, is a great ingredient for any supplement like this one, because it can help to make for a more effective product overall.
Check out our dedicated guide to the best five supplements on the market right now via the link shown below.
Shred Her Reviews
There are plenty of Shred Her reviews on sites such as GNC, Amazon and bodybuilding.com.
At the time of writing, Shred Her had more than 300 reviews on Amazon, and had an average rating of 3.4 out of five stars.
One person said that they had been using the product for a few years and stood by it.
Someone else said that Shred Her gives them great energy throughout the day, but doesn’t cause any unwanted side effects.
However, there were also lots of negative reviews, with some people claiming that it gave them a headache.
Shred Her Side Effects
The main problem with supplements like Shred Her is the over-use of stimulants such as Caffeine. The problem with Shred Her is that we don’t know the doses of the ingredients used, so we can’t tell whether there is too much Caffeine.
Too many stimulants can cause unwanted side effects such as energy crashes and the jitters.
It’s also worth noting that the combination of Bitter Orange and Caffeine in the same supplement has been deemed potentially unsafe in some countries.
Always do some of your own research into the ingredients before considering taking any new supplement for the first time.
We also recommend that you speak to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not in our opinion. Shred Her does definitely contain quite a few decent ingredients, but it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend to mask the doses.
It’s also missing some key ingredients such as Cayenne Pepper and Glucomannan.
Remember to check out our supplement guide to see the best-rated products on sale at the moment via the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just don’t forget that a supplement is not going to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that your diet and training routine are both on point before considering adding any supplements to your regimen.
That said, if you’re able to combine a quality supplement with regular exercise and a healthy diet, then you can certainly see some results pretty quickly.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the conclusion of our Shred Her review.
Overall, this is an OK supplement that is let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and that it’s missing some key ingredients.
It’s not the worst product around, but it doesn’t really challenge the best female focused supplements on the market right now.