Six Star Explosion Pre Workout is a supplement sold on Amazon and elsewhere online that has been designed to support your fitness goals.
Priced at around $30, it’s certainly one of the more affordable pre workout supplements out there right now.
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about Six Star Explosion, then you’re in the right place.
We’re going to be taking a detailed look at this particular pre workout supplement as we look to see where it stands.
The purpose of this review is for us to take a detailed and close look at this supplement from all angles as we look to see where it stands in comparison to the leading pre workouts on the market right now.
We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the ingredients formula and the customer reviews as we look to see where it stands.
So, wth the introductions out of the way, it’s time to start taking a close look at Six Star Explosion from all angles as we look to see where it stands.
Skip To Section
Six Star Explosion Pre Workout – The Basics
As we’ve clearly already deduced, Six Star Explosion is a pre workout supplement that’s been formulated to help support your goals.
In case you didn’t know, pre workouts are usually sold in powder form to be mixed with water and taken before starting your training session to help take your workouts to the next level.
MuscleTech is the company behind the Six Star range of supplements. They are one of the biggest supplement brands in the US, so it’s hard not to take notice when they release a new supplement.
You can buy Six Star Explosion on Amazon for around $30.
According to the promotional material on Amazon, this particular supplement has been “engineered for athletes” and designed to help you take your workouts to the next level.
The promotional listing also describes this product as a “revolutionary hybrid formula” designed to help you to get the most out of your time spent in the gym.
The marketing material also says that Six Star Explosion will help you to “prime” your body for intense training so that you can smash your fitness goals this year.
To be frank, we’re pretty much heard it all before when it comes to manufacturer claims about their own supplements.
Generally speaking, it’s much better to pay attention to the important things such as the ingredients formula and customer reviews.
So, with that in mind, let’s start taking a close look at the Six Star Explosion Pre Workout ingredients formula to see what this product is made of.
Let’s begin this important part of our Six Star Explosion Pre Workout review by looking at the actual ingredients label as shown on the tub.
The first disappointing thing we noticed about this supplement is that it uses some proprietary blends to hide the doses of some of the ingredients.
This is far from ideal and we generally advise staying away from supplements that use proprietary blends.
We really don’t think that there is any excuse for supplement manufacturers not to be totally transparent with their customers when it comes to their formulas.
That being said, at least some of the ingredients in Six Star Explosion are not in the proprietary blends.
Let’s now focus on the main ingredients in the Six Star Explosion Pre Workout formula.
• Vitamin C – This is not a bad place to start for a pre workout supplement. In case you didn’t already know, Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. It also contributes to normal energy release and normal psychological function. Not a bad inclusion.
• Niacin – Also known as Vitamin B3, Niacin is also a popular inclusion in pre workout supplement. In case you didn’t know, Niacin contributes to normal psychological function and normal energy release. Again, it’s a sensible inclusion in a pre workout supplement formula.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – We always like to see Caffeine used in pre workout supplements. The problem is that some products contain way too much. That’s not the case in Six Star Explosion. Each serving contains 135mg of Caffeine, which is a good amount that shouldn’t trigger any side effects. Our favorite pre workouts usually use around 100mg of Caffeine.
• Taurine – This is another decent ingredient. You may have heard about it before as it’s commonly used in many commercially-available energy drinks. You can probably guess why it’s in the Six Star Explosion Pre Workout formula then.
• L-Citrulline Malate – This is another good inclusion for a supplement like this. It’s an amino acid found in watermelons and that is also commonly used in pre workouts. A solid ingredient.
• L-Arginine – This is a fairly common ingredient but not really one of our favorites. L-Arginine could cause some side effects in some people and we prefer not to see it used.
• Creatine – This is a common pre and post workout supplement ingredient. We do rate it as a decent pre workout ingredient, but some women prefer products that don’t contain Creatine, as it’s sometimes associated with more ‘manly’ products.
• Beta-Alanine – This is another common inclusion in pre workout supplements. It’s one of the main ingredients in our top rated female pre workout called Powher.
We have to say, the Six Star Explosion Pre Workout supplement is not bad at all.
The main negative is that it uses a proprietary blend to hide the doses of some of the ingredients, which is a shame.
If we were being really picky, we’d say that we would want to see Coconut Water Powder and Beet Root Extract included in this product.
But still, the Six Star formula is a pretty good one and we don’t have too many complaints.
You can see our guide to the leading pre workout supplements via the link below.
Six Star Explosion Pre Workout Reviews
We did some digging on Amazon to see what customer are saying about Six Star Explosion Pre Workout.
At the time of writing, it had more than 1,200 reviews, with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars, which is really pretty good, we must say.
One person described it as a “small scoop with a big boost” and said that they loved the product as they rated it five stars.
One negative review came from someone who claimed that it simply didn’t work as expected, as they gave it a one-star review.
Overall, the reviews of Six Star Explosion pre workout seem to be fairly positive.
What About Side Effects?
As always, there are some common pitfalls with pre workout supplement side effects.
For example, it’s important to choose a product that doesn’t use a proprietary blend. That’s not the case here, and it means we don’t know the doses of a lot of the ingredients.
Too much Caffeine can also cause problems for some people, but the 135mg dose in this product should be OK for most.
As always we strongly advise that you check with your doctor before taking any new pre workout supplement for the first time.
It’s also important to carefully check the ingredients label to check that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Is This The Best Pre Workout For Me?
We don’t currently rate Six Star Explosion Pre Workout as one of the very best supplements on the market right now.
It has some good ingredients but we feel that it’s let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend.
You can see our updated guide to the best pre workout supplements on sale right now by following the link shown below.
Anything Else To Consider?
As always, don’t expect a supplement to do the hard work for you.
You should always make sure that you’re training hard and eating right before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
A good pre workout can help to support your fitness goals when combined with the right lifestyle choices, but it won’t work miracles on its own.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our Six Star Explosion Pre Workout supplement review.
Overall, we think that this is a pretty good product.
The only thing that really lets it down is the use of proprietary blends to hide the doses of many of the ingredients, which is not ideal.
Simply put, we feel that there are some other better pre workout supplements on the market right now.