The Ripper is a supplement made by Cobra Labs which certainly stands out from the crowd.
We’re always on the lookout to learn more about the leading supplements on the market right now and so we were keen to find out about The Ripper.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
Interestingly, The Ripper is delivered in powder form rather than as capsules, and this is somewhat unusual for a supplement like this.
Most pre workouts are delivered as powders because it’s the most efficient way to get the right doses of the ingredients into your system before hitting the gym.
Supplements in this particular category are usually delivered as capsules because you take them multiple times per day, so the doses do not need to be as high.
The skeleton face on the front of The Ripper tub certainly makes this product stand out. You can’t really argue with a skeleton in terms of an example of a low body fat percentage!
The purpose of this review of The Ripper Fat Burner is for us to take a close look at this product from all angles so that we can determine where this product stands in relation to the leading supplements on the market right now.
We’re going to take a close look at the customer reviews, ingredients formula and the other important factors as we look to find out where this supplement stands.
So let’s get cracking and start our review of The Ripper.
Skip To Section
The Ripper Fat Burner – The Basics
As we have already deduced, The Ripper is a supplement made by Cobra Labs which claims to help accelerate your results.
It’s one of the more popular products on bodybuilding.com, and seems to be a well-sold supplement.
According to the official marketing material, this is a “full strength” and “fast acting” supplement which will help to hit your goals fast.
It’s good that this supplement has been formulated to work in multiple ways to help speed up your results.
If you’ve checked out our guide to the best so-called ‘fat burners’ on sale right now, you’ll know that they all work in multiple ways to help increase their chances of working.
Hitting your goals is not an easy thing to get your body to do, so you’ll want to make sure that you choose a product which works in multiple ways to increase your chances of success.
So, with the marketing hype out of the way, it’s now time to take a close look at the ingredients formula to see whether this supplement can live up to its claims, or whether your money would be better spent elsewhere.
Let’s begin this section by taking a close look at the ingredients label of The Ripper:
The disappointing thing we noticed right away is the fact that The Ripper uses proprietary blends to deliver its ingredients. This is bad news because proprietary blends are generally marketing gimmicks which simply allow the manufacturers not to disclose the doses of the individual ingredients.
We always recommend that you stay away from products which use proprietary blends, because there’s no need to choose a supplement that doesn’t fully and transparently disclose its formula to the customers.
• Beta Alanine – This is an ingredient that’s usually more associated with pre workout supplements than anything else. That’s because Beta Alanine has been shown to have certain benefits around exercise. It’s responsible for the tingling sensation that some pre workouts can cause, but it’s considered to be a harmless effect.
• Taurine – This is an ingredient often found in commercially-available energy drinks such as Red Bull. It’s an OK ingredient but we don’t rate it as one of the best substances around for a supplement in this category.
• Guarana – This is a stimulant ingredient which will help to support you on your journey. It contains Caffeine and has been shown to help promote some benefits.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is an extract taken from the skin of raspberries, as you may have guessed from the name. It’s one of the main ingredients in Leanbean, which is our current top rated female focused supplement. There is some evidence in animal studies which suggests it could be a good ingredient.
• Caffeine – A good ingredient for any supplement in this category. Caffeine is a popular stimulant which you probably don’t need any introduction to. We always like to see Caffeine used in moderation in supplements in this category.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – Another ingredient we’re more used to finding in pre workouts than anything else. It’s an amino acid which is common in things such as avocados. It is believed to have certain benefits, so we were pleased to find it in the Ripper ingredients list.
• Green Tea – A great natural ingredient. Green Tea is one of the best substances for helping you to hit your goals and you probably already know all about it as a popular hot drink. We always like to see it used in supplements like this.
• Green Coffee Bean – Another solid ingredient for a supplement in this category. Green Coffee Beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid. The problem here thought is that we don’t know the amount of the actual dose used because of the proprietary blend. So for all we know, the dose may not be anywhere near high enough to be effective.
• Cinnamon Bark Extract – This is an extract from a spice that you’ll find in your kitchen and isn’t really a popular ingredient that we’ve found in many supplements before. It’s been shown to possibly help with certain things, but there’s not too much evidence linking it directly with the primary purpose of this product.
• Olive Leaf Extract – Again, this is not an ingredient that we’ve found in too many supplements before. There have been some studies suggesting that it could have some positive effects, but it’s still not one of our top rated ingredients.
Aside from the proprietary blend, The Ripper does contain a few decent ingredients, but there were still a few of our favorites missing.
Here are some of the best ingredients that didn’t make it into The Ripper’s formula:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne Pepper is one of the best ingredients around. You’ve probably heard all about it and it’s commonly found in the top products in this category.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber which comes from the root of the Konjac plant and is usually found in the very best products in this category.
And Black Pepper Extract is a great addition to make the supplement more effective overall. Most of the top products contain some Black Pepper.
Remember to check out our guide to the best supplements around via the link shown below.
The Ripper Fat Burner Reviews
Being one of the more popular supplements on Bodybuilding.com, it wasn’t surprising to come across lots of The Ripper reviews on the site.
At the time of writing, it had an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from 137 reviews.
There were plenty of positive reviews which suggested that The Ripper helped to support them on their journey.
However, there were also some negative reviews too, mainly from people who complained that they didn’t enjoy the flavors.
What About Side Effects?
The problem with The Ripper is that we don’t know the actual doses of the ingredients used. That makes it incredibly difficult to judge whether the ingredients are in the correct doses to actually be effective.
Supplement side effects usually come from the overuse of stimulants such as Caffeine. We all know that too much Caffeine can bring on unwanted side-effects such as the jitters or energy crashes later in the day.
We do always recommend doing your own research into the various ingredients before taking any new product for the first time.
We do also recommend speaking to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
Not really. We’re not too impressed by the fact that The Ripper uses a proprietary blend to deliver its ingredients, as it means that we don’t know the doses of the substances used.
It’s also missing a handful of our top rated ingredients, which means that we don’t recommend it as one of the best products out here right now.
Check out our guide to the leading five supplements on the market right now via the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Don’t expect a supplement to do all of the hard work for you.
You should always first make sure that you’re training hard and eating right before considering adding a supplement to your regimen.
That being said, if you’re already training hard and eating right, than adding a quality supplement to your daily regime can indeed make a big difference to your results.
Review Conclusion – Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our review of The Ripper supplement.
Overall, we were a little bit disappointed by this supplement because of the use of a proprietary blend and that it doesn’t use a few of the best rated ingredients.
Simply put, we feel that there are plenty of other options that would offer more value for your money out there at the moment.